Start by marking “15 Stunden” as Want to Read:
15 Stunden

15 Stunden (Alex Sedaka #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  183 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
15 Stunden bleiben Clayton Burrow bis zu seiner Hinrichtung. 15 Stunden bleiben seinem Anwalt, um den wahren Mörder zu finden …

15 Stunden. So viel Zeit bleibt dem verurteilten Frauenmörder Clayton Burrow, bis sein Todesurteil vollstreckt wird. Sein Anwalt Alex Sedaka hat kaum Hoffnung, als er den Gouverneur von Kalifornien um Gnade ersucht. Umso größer seine Verwunderung,
Published 2011 by Goldmann (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 15 Stunden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 15 Stunden

David
Jun 15, 2010 David rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My latest - and best - thriller. About a lawyer whose death row client is due to be executed in 15 hours.
Tülay Tığzeybek
Uzun zamandır polisiye roman okumuyordum. En geçen sene okumuştum. Neyse kitabı baya sevdim. Kısaca konusundan bahsetmem gerekirse avukat Alex Sedaka müvekkili olan Clayton Burrow'u 15 saat içinde suçsuz olduğunu ispatlayamazsa idam edilecek. Kitap resmen 404 sayfada 2 gün geçiyor saati saatine. Bir ara geçmişe gidiyor ama. Burrow, lise hayatında Dorothy adlı kıza çok zorbalık yapmıştır ve cinayet delilleri de onu göstermektedir. Ama Burrow o kadar delil olmasına karşın hala Dorothy öldürmediğin ...more
David
Nov 26, 2009 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Harlan Coben, Dan Brown, Simon Kernick, John Grisham, Scott Turrow
David Kessler seems to have taken a leaf out of Harlan Coben's book here. This is a highly complex thriller full of twists and turns. Nothing is quite the way it seems and every time things seem, to be falling logically into place there is another twist. This is about as far from a linear story as they come. There is also an element of "Dan Brown" in the story. By this I mean not that it deals with grand conspiracies or a looming apocalypse, but rather the way in which Kessler ends almost every ...more
Angie
May 12, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diane and hubby , Jill
Slow to start , but just like the time ticking on the upcoming execution the story seemed to pick up pace . I loved that the chapters were actually the time moving towards the 12:01 A.M deadline and as Clayton Burrows faces death , the characters become more alive . Half way into the book you cannot put it down and the ending ...OMG , the ending ;-)
Leslea
Jan 09, 2016 Leslea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With only 15 hours to save his client from execution on death row this books jumps straight into the action. Trying to gather new evidence to prove his client's innocence takes you on a roller coaster ride. A great bunch of characters you can get behind, writing that carries you along step by step and with a quirky and eye opening twist at the end. Entertaining read.
Jessica
Oct 12, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are novels that have twists and turns, and then there are novels that throw you around so violently that you're not quite sure which end is up. This book falls into the latter category. I always find that I tend to figure out the ending of most books about halfway through. This book left me staring at the computer screen, slack-jawed, when I read the final page. All of my conceived notions about what was going to happen in the book and what had happened in the case presented in the book we ...more
Lisa Regan
Jul 15, 2012 Lisa Regan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so fast-paced and compulsively readable that before you even know it, half your day is gone and you're almost done with it! The writing is smooth and engaging. The pacing is excellent. The twists are non-stop and really original and brilliant. Even veteran thriller readers won't see these plot twists coming and yet when they're revealed, they make perfect sense. That's a difficult thing for a writer to pull off but Kessler does it absolutely effortlessly!
Deboleena Mookerjee
If I could have given this book a few more stars, I would have gladly done so. A real page turner, fast paced and tightly wrapped, this book kept me enthralled till the very end. I simply could not put it down. One of the few books which stay with you long after the last page has been turned.
Jaclyn Horneman
Sep 20, 2012 Jaclyn Horneman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was free on my kindle so wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. Let me say I couldn't put it down! Love when I get to the end of a book and what I expect to happen doesn't. Also enjoyed the short chapters which made it easy to read whenever I had time.
Jul 16, 2011 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable,fast-paced thriller, easy to read but I could see how it was going to end pretty early on.
Denice Gross
Nov 18, 2015 Denice Gross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book, never expected ending
Cheryl
May 02, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book - actually figured it out all the way until the last "revelation".
Hilal Orhan
Jun 23, 2014 Hilal Orhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Wrestlingdvd~!
Sep 28, 2012 Wrestlingdvd~! rated it really liked it
Das Cover der deutschen Ausgabe lässt schon erahnen, dass man gerne Parallelen zur TV Serie “24” ziehen möchte. Der Vergleich ist durchaus berechtigt, denn auch “15 Stunden” spielt sich quasi in Echtzeit ab. Über jedem Abschnitt steht die Uhrzeit, die Handlung wird geradeaus erzählt. Jeder Handlungsstrang wird einzeln erzählt, es gibt nie Zusammenfassungen. Diese Art des Erzählens hat den riesigen Vorteil, dass sich nach und nach eine enorme Spannung aufbaut und man als Leser die Zeitnot geradez ...more
Karen
Sep 13, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very mediocre book. The storyline had potential and some of the time it was gripping, but the writing is stilted, the grammar just that little bit off and the people unconvincing. It's a book that tries too hard. I gave it 3 stars because the suspense was real and it had me eager to find out what happened even as I was getting more uncomfortable with the writing.
I won't bother to read the other two books in this series.
Suzanne
Nov 21, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best free Kindle download I've read yet. The story was gripping with one unexpected twist after another. Even though I was able to solve a couple of the mysteries fairly early on, I was still left totally in awe from the surprise on the last page. I really enjoyed this movie and will look up more Alex Sedaka stories. The only disappointment was the inclusion of some foul language. It seemed odd that the author felt the need to throw profanity in to only a chapter or two about a thir ...more
Ruth
Sep 27, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man has been wrongly accused of murdering a girl he tormented during high school. Alex Sedaka, a lawyer, has only become his lawyer in the past few weeks. With the help of his secretary, who is a law student and an intern he is racing the clock to try to raise enough doubts about his client's guilt to delay his execution. As he tries to prove his client's innocence he uncovers new information around every corner. This book is well written and keeps you turning the pages. I didn't figure out wh ...more
Nikki Ballard
Great vacation read - kept me interested, but fairly predictable.
Becky
Mar 20, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a freebie on Amazon. I mostly get freebies and use my library for books I want to read but arne't willing to shell out the expensive $$ for them.

The book surprised me at how well it was written and how fast-paced it was. I loved the plot even though I sort of figured out some of the mystery to it. I even liked how Kessler used a timeline to move the story forward. My first book by this author, but certainly not my last!
Alison
Sep 12, 2012 Alison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man accused of murder, and on death row, of a woman whose body can not be found. Lawyers tirelessly try to beat the clock to unravel the truth that was never previously uncovered. Every chapter reveals new enlightenment. Despite the authors long winded road to get there, one has an urgency to skip drawn out sections of the text to get to the climax in order to not lose the impact of the story.
Vesa Ollilainen
Towards midnight, the moment of the planned execution, time was slowing and the intensity of actions increasing. Tension was high during the whole story but, on the other hand, the book was, every now and then, also quite boring due to long detailed speculations leading to nowhere. Moreover, most of the numerous turns of the story could be too easily anticipated.
Rosalind
Aug 20, 2014 Rosalind rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this more, but in the end it was just OK. I never guess the bad guy in thrillers, but in this book I guessed it all so early that I was disappointed when there was no other twist. I liked the minute by minute format, but it seemed that there was quite a lot of recap about what each character was doing which could have been left out.
Georgiann Hennelly
This is a highly complex thriller full of twists and turns. Nothing is quite the way it seems and everytime things seem, to be falling logically into place there is another twist.This is a far cry from a linear story as they come. If your a fan of Harlan Coben, John Grisham you,ll really enjoy this book
Jeannine
Jun 13, 2012 Jeannine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this one down. I really like fast paced books. I love how the chapters are a countdown...a race against time. There were many clues though and I figured out the main truth early on - that made me feel frustrated...wanting to yell at them to open their eyes. But I really enjoyed this one.
Joanne
Mar 22, 2012 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first "loan" from the Kindle Prime library - very cool idea!

The book was good - fast paced and presented an interesting moral dilemma based around the death penalty. THe plot had lots of twists. I figured out one of the 2 biggies half way thru.

A quick read - good "airplane book".
Pari
Jun 18, 2013 Pari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The accused is on mercy. Several mysteries are unfolding, but the lawyer does not have time on his side. It is like each second counts....and then, its a whirlwind of events that end in something zzzzz....oh yes, even though I was not looking I found copy editing errors :|
Afsana
Jul 16, 2013 Afsana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this si the first of his books that I have tried and definately will read another

Near the last quarter I guessed what had occurred and I was mentally shouting at the characters towake up (in a good way)

Surprising ending as I was expecting another
Heidi
I love the pace of this book. It's interesting the way that the book only covers a day. The twist and turns in the plot are great, and I love how much we get to see into the way the legal system in the US works with regards to death row.
Melissa
Sep 26, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It has been a while since an author has kept me guessing like this. There were surprises until the final page. This was my first book by this author, and I definitely plan on reading more.
Barre
Sep 02, 2012 Barre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Solid, intriguing plot and story, but poorly and sloppily (hastily) written. A few too many twists and turns, which is too bad because it has the potential to be a good story.
  • North Slope
  • Swan Loch
  • Pet Whisperer...er...rrr (Animals Talk Back, #1)
  • The Ghost of a Flea
  • The First Kill
  •  Joe Café
  • Family Cursemas (The Megamillionaire Murders)
  • Spellbound (Timeless Trilogy #2)
  • Heaven's Rage
  • Varick: The Reluctant
  • Secrets Can Be Deadly
  • Zero Sum, Entire Trilogy Bundle
  • The Pit Stop: This Stop Could be Life or Death
  • Kiss Me or Die
  • The Baby Thief
  • Listen to the Shadows
  • Ordinary Secrets (Hidden Falls, #1)
  • Beyond Nostalgia
I was born in the UK and grew up on a council estate in central London.
More about David Kessler...

Alex Sedaka (3 books)