Start by marking “Beside Still Waters (Psalm 23 Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beside Still Waters (Psalm 23 Mysteries, #4)

Beside Still Waters (The Psalm 23 Mysteries #4)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  238 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Cindy travels to Hawaii over Memorial Day weekend for her long-planned vacation. Her dream vacation quickly becomes a nightmare though when she becomes swept up in sinister events and is kidnapped by ruthless men who will stop at nothing to keep her from talking to the police. When Cindy fails to return home Jeremiah must travel to Honolulu to search for her. It will take ...more
Published July 27th 2012 by Big Pink Bow (first published July 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beside Still Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beside Still Waters

Julie Graves
May 26, 2015 Julie Graves rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Cindy Preston, church secretary at First Shepherd, has gone on vacation to Hawaii by herself. It is a much needed vacation after all of the trouble she's managed to get into at home. But of course trouble seems to follow Cindy. On a suggestion from her cab driver Cindy decides to try a local restaurant. When she stumbles upon a dead body Cindy is once again plunged into murder and mayhem. When Cindy is kidnapped this may turn out to be her last case she is involved in.

Jeremiah Silverman's past l
John
OK, I think I've found a series which is an embarrassing guilty pleasure. I admit it (though not too loud), I like the movies Some Kind of Wonderful and The Cutting Edge, and I think the Psalm 23 Mysteries are falling into that category as well. Cindy takes her long awaited vacation to Hawaii and finds another dead body. I'm sure you are shocked to discover that, what with the bloody lei on the cover. The plot here is a little thinner than the first three books, but it was enough to keep me inte ...more
Melissa (ladybug)
Nov 18, 2015 Melissa (ladybug) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Wow, just wow. We have seen a little more about Jeremiah's history and Ms Viguie really knows how to write a story. I am having a really hard time waiting for the next book coming out in 2013.
Ronna
Oct 05, 2013 Ronna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommendations
This fourth book in Debbie Viguie's Twenty-Third psalm mysteries is the best one yet! In BESIDE STILL WATERS Cindy, a church secretary with a pension for trouble, goes on vacation to Hawaii, finding trouble there too. She is just enjoying planning on sightseeing at the Pearl Harbor Memorial, but finds a taxi ride reference to a great place for lunch starts troubles again. When she goes to the restaurant, it is empty except for a dead body. More sightseeing brings yet more troubles. How has this ...more
Edel
Nov 04, 2012 Edel rated it it was amazing
Wendy Jones
Aug 17, 2012 Wendy Jones rated it it was amazing
I have been enjoying the story and escapades of Cindy and Jeremiah since the first book The Lord is my Shepherd and have been eagerly waiting for the 4th book to come out. This is an excellent series and this book was as good as, if not better than, the others. Cindy, a church secretary, who is usually knee deep in some mystery, has gone off to Hawaii to have a well deserved rest. Needless to say she hasn't been there for long when she stumbles over a murder. Someone then tries to murder her and ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Oct 07, 2012 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
This is a novel I have been waiting a long time for. Having read the previous ones, I kept putting the author's name in to see if a new novel was out...finally, came the fourth in the series, "Besides Still Waters."

The story picks up where the last book, 'Lie Down in Green Pastures' ends, with Mark, the detective trying to find out just who his deceased partner really was; Jeremiah now friends with Cindy and counseling Mark as well as his congregation at the Synagogue; and Cindy Preston taking t
Sherri
Aug 11, 2014 Sherri rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
The book plots are not realistic, but I enjoy the two main characters. Still hooked on the series.
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy goes away on vacation where she stumbles upon a dead body and then gets kidnapped. Who would have ever guessed this would happened to her in Hawaii. When she doesn't arrive home when expected Jeremiah has a gut feeling that something bad has happened and goes searching for her. Cindy has grown so much in the last year and is so much stronger than she was when we first met her in book 1. I love the connection that Jeremiah and Cindy have formed. This book held my interest the whole way thro ...more
John Hanscom
Jul 26, 2015 John Hanscom rated it really liked it
This is a fun series, and each book gets better than the last.
Christy
Jan 03, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why I always pictured Cindy as older and plumper but now I realize she's not. Anyway, I'm excited to see more and more of Jeremiah's past play a part in his present and to find out what his story really is. There's always someone who shows up (Otto this time) who we think might give us a clue. And I also like the secondary plot of the not-Paul kidnapping.
Gwendolyn Dabney
Jan 07, 2014 Gwendolyn Dabney rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th in the series, I've read 1 thru 3 as well. This is a great series. Cindy the church secretary, and Jeremiah the Rabbi grab you and take you on many adventures where death follows. This is a series that I have recommended to all my family and friends.
Maya
Feb 02, 2013 Maya rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Book 4 centers on the female sleuth, charming church Secretary Cindy and her vacation to Hawaii. The local Hawaiians are described so well, I expected the local diners from Food Network features, Sony the Samoan from Dog The Bounty hunter and characters from my own trips to Honolulu.
Vicki
Feb 06, 2014 Vicki rated it really liked it
Love this series! I wish Ms Viguie wrote faster, though. =D

ADDED February 2014:

Just read this for the second time because I wanted a little reminder after 2 years before I jumped into the next book. Liked it just as much this time and can't wait to read Restoreth My Soul!
Deanna
Dec 27, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I so enjoy The Psalm Mysteries series.. Very well written hard to put down, I was so excited when I finished this book and realized on the last page that another book is to appear this winter 2013! Can hardly wait!
Karla
Feb 02, 2014 Karla rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, christian
Another book I hadn't added when I read it. I still love this series and I want to know what happens next. Will Jeremiah's secret ever come out and how will it go when it does? I need the next book!
Curryanne
Aug 11, 2012 Curryanne rated it it was amazing
I love this series...Julia Spenser Flemings Clare Ferguson and the Sheriff and Debbie's Cindy and the Rabbi are two wonderful sets of character caught in romance that challenges them.
Kristi Hirtzel
Nov 05, 2012 Kristi Hirtzel rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and can't wait tor the next book in the series. Learning more about Jeremiah was nice, and the budding relationship between him and Cindy just keeps growing.
AnnMarie
Dec 29, 2012 AnnMarie rated it it was amazing
Just finished the book "Besides Still Waters" by Debbie Viguie. I love the Psalms 23 Mystery series. I Can't for her next book to come out this winter, "Restoreth My Soul".
Betsy
Aug 04, 2014 Betsy rated it it was amazing
I love this series, and #4 was especially good, very interesting and a fast read. Now I'm on #5 and it too is very good ..
Julie
Oct 25, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
I love this series more and more. Can't wait for the next installment.
Leeldoo
Jan 14, 2013 Leeldoo rated it it was amazing
This is a fun series. Would love to find out Jeremiah's background.
Phyllis Olley
Mar 14, 2014 Phyllis Olley rated it it was amazing
amazing series always leaves you wanting the next book
Maryann
Feb 23, 2013 Maryann rated it it was amazing
What can I say, read in about 24 hours!
Holly
Sep 17, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it
I love this series!!
PWRL
Oct 17, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Tavie Allan
Tavie Allan rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Alisa
Alisa rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Jacqueline Chambers
Jacqueline Chambers rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
  • Saints Preserve Us
  • The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1)
  • Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Seeker of Stars
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • Crypto-Squad (Volume 1)
  • A Tale of Two Elmos (Elmo Jenkins #4)
  • Fatherless
  • Impeachable Offense (Left Behind Political #2)
  • The Vanishing Footprints (Adventures of the Northwoods #4)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Antediluvian
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • His Ordinary Life (Hearts of the South, #2)
  • The Covert Academy (The Covert Academy #1)
Debbie Viguié is the New York Times Bestselling author of more than three dozen novels including the Wicked series co-authored with Nancy Holder. In addition to her epic dark fantasy work Debbie also writes thrillers including The Psalm 23 Mysteries, the Kiss trilogy, and the Witch Hunt trilogy. Debbie also plays a recurring character on the audio drama, Doctor Geek’s Laboratory. When Debbie isn’t ...more
More about Debbie Viguié...

The Psalm 23 Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Lord Is My Shepherd (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #1)
  • I Shall Not Want (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #2)
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Restoreth My Soul (Psalm 23 Mysteries, #5)
  • In the Paths of Righteousness (Psalm 23 Mysteries #6)
  • For His Name's Sake (The Psalm 23 Mysteries #7)
  • Walk Through the Valley (Psalm 23 Mysteries #8)
  • The Shadow of Death (Psalm 23 Mysteries Book 9)
  • I Will Fear No Evil (Psalm 23 Mysteries #10)
  • Thou Art With Me (Psalm 23 Mysteries #11)