Start by marking “Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public, #2)

Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  503 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Summary Taken from Amazon.com
Charlotte returns to Paranormal Public for her second semester knowing that she must embrace yet another new destiny.

She wasn’t expecting it to be easy, and it isn’t.
Now, demons beat at the protections surrounding Public, and inside the safety of the grounds is a new threat, an ancient resentment that has nothing to do with demons, but is born
Published May 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental Rising

Fallen by Lauren KateHalo by Alexandra AdornettoHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareTorment by Lauren Kate
Fall in Love With the Cover
435th out of 1,083 books — 692 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
books ive read in 2012
50th out of 159 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Marsha
May 21, 2012 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young Adults
“Museum of Masks”/Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public #2) is chocked full of action, mystery and suspense. In this installment, Charlotte Rollins returns to college only to discover demons are everywhere. With the assistance of her friends, Sip and Lisabelle, she manages to get to her dorm. Unfortunately, she discovers she is no longer a resident of Airlee and has been moved to Astra. It would not be so bad except for the fact she is the only resident.
Upon entering Astra, she meets her new den
Nereid
I was looking forward to reading the second book in this series which is vaguely reminiscent of Harry Potter where Charlotte found out she could do magic and was in fact the last elemental. Boarding at Public (a sort of Hogwart's if you will) are all paranormals such a vampires, werewolves, pixies, fallen angels and mages who are learning to master their magic in a safe environment. Having survived last year where nearly everyone was trying to kill her, Charlotte was hoping that this year things ...more
Cat
Aside from the editing errors (missing punctuation/quotes, characters stated as being there but then, within a few lines, stated as not being there, etc), I really liked this story. Lots of magic, mystery, some romance - all the things that were in the first book and more. As with her other books (One Black Rose series), there are a lot of great moments - funny ones, serious ones, poignant ones, romantic ones...that all come together to make a beautiful story.

Although the main character, Charlot
Kacey
I was glad to see that this book continued to be interesting after the 1st one, some books plummet while authors try to continue them, but I can tell I'll continue enjoying this series.

I'm still a bit disappointed that we didn't see some movement on the main character learning her elemental powers, although we did see SOME steps there hasn't been anything specific- but just like her learning late in the book in the first one I'm assuming this is to allow the next few books to continue.

So, I'm
Loren Weaver
Elemental Rising is book two of the Paranormal Public series by Maddy Edwards and follows Charlotte and her gang into the second half of freshman year.

Charlotte is back at school, but things are changing. The demons are everywhere, and she knows they're after her. She has Tactical training, which is really just an excuse to let people fight with her. And, just to make things worse, there's now an unexplained sickness infecting the vampires.

With no one believing them, its up to Charlotte, Lisabel
Megan
I want to love these books and be able to give them a 4- or 5-star rating. They are so close to being fantastic - they have an interesting plot with engaging characters and enough mystery to keep readers enthralled. However they are in need of a strong editor who can catch some minor mistakes (character names switched in the middle of a scene) and plot aberrations. Some are minor (in the first book, Sip had 8 brothers, in the second 5) while others really impact the flow of the plot.

I will conti
Angela ReadingCave
While reading about Charlotte and her friends the Spiderman quote keeps popping up in my mind, “with great power comes great responsibility.” Boy, is Charlotte feeling that responsibility in this book. The book is enjoyable, although choppy at times. Regardless of it being choppy it is still one of my favorite series. All the paranormal elements that I enjoy: boarding school/college check, mixture of paranormals check, no love triangle check, the unexpected happing check. I did figure out who th ...more
Isisbq
The characters are growing, the romance is heating up and the Demons are everywhere. Somewhere in the middle of the carefully orchestrated chaos is a story. I got the feeling that the characters were not willing to stay put and the author was playing catch up at points. It is still a good read and one that YA audiences seeking some escapist fun will enjoy. This is not a book to critique. It is a book to enjoy.
Kyra Dunst
I enjoyed the first book in this series, and the second definitely doesn't disappoint. The relationship with Keller is a great side story, with the strained relations due to them being different species. I can't wait to see what trouble Charlotte finds herself in next.
B. McMichael
Seems the bad guy in the first book was not the only one trying to destroy paranormal public. Now there is a new committee there to pick the next principle along with strange going-ons sickening one whole race of paranormals. I liked that I already knew the characters- a second book is always nice because you already know everyone already and you can jump right into the story. There were a few new characters which is always nice. I also liked that Edwards doesn’t shove details down your throat a ...more
Kimm
Yay! We are finally seeing Charlotte coming into her own! I loved the character progression in this novel. However, I do remain torn on one issue. I love the fact that the romance is not an insane, crazy, "throw caution to the wind" affair. I am appreciative of the fact that the protagonist's romantic feelings do not DRIVE the plot. I love that her affections do not dominate her evolution. Unfortunately, I still found myself getting impatient with Kellar (and Charlotte too, though she was busy d ...more
Kara
I'm pretty much hooked on this series now. It's easy entertaining reading.
Emaleth Morrigan
Love this series! Enjoyed it as much as the first one altho' I'm kind of disappointed there weren't as many close encounters with Keller as I would have liked :D. Lisabelle is still such a hoot and I liked the new additions. I have to say tho', I saw Charlotte as kind of helpless and weak, she didn't do much except for that shield and it took a while to come. I was getting a little impatient with her and she kept ending up in infirmary, good thing she has strong friends.lol BUT of course it all ...more
Crystel
I would have given this book more stars if the editor knew how to do his job. Seriously. So many typos, and the overuse of the various synonyms for "smile" really got in the way of the story. I liked it enough to read the next one; I just really hope the writing doesn't take another step backwards. The first book was so well done that it'd be a shame if it is the only one that doesn't feel like it was rushed to be released.
Shawna
This was a worthy follow-up to Paranormal Public. This series is not over the top "wow factor" for me. However it's definitely a solid story and the fact that I tend to have much lower expectations for books that are primarily for kindle (free-$3.99) probably had an impact on my rating this as a 4 star story. It's not the most origianl story, but it does have some new spins in an overdone genre which is refreshing. The Museum of Masks is one of these spins that I especially enjoyed in this seque ...more
Bradley C Baker
Interesting story idea. A few proofreading issues.
Elienora the Sensation

I don't know I felt the story just drag and drag...a whole lot of nothing in between and all the sudden things start happening and the end....

You would think being the only Elemental, they would help her learning her magic....not.

And the romance really just a hint here and there...not really worth mention....

So yeah...
Claudia
I thought it was a great follow-up to the first book, Paranormal Public. If you enjoyed the first book, you won't be disappointed with Museum of Masks. Edwards took the story further and made it work without sacrificing the world/story she created in the first. Looking forward to a new semester!
Deoro
Poor man's Harry Potter suitable for the youngest readers. I liked the world building and the story was OK but seemed very predictable. Younger readers will probably enjoy it more.
mundiemom5
WOW! is all I can say! I just finished this amazing book and I'm speechless. I have to mull it over for a bit before I write my review.
Ellie
I' ve got no words to describe how I feel about this book, so I'll just leave it at this:
Best
Freaking
Book
Ever....
Edieann

Again, very thought out plot with twists I never expected...looking forward to the next!
Vicci
Book two just as good as book one! I wish three was out now! loved this book!
Frederick
cant wait to continue this series in the next book.
Laine
Laine marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
  • Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)
  • The Drifting (The Velesi Trilogy, #2)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Snow, Blood, and Envy
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Beloved (The Crystor #3)
  • Pride's Pursuit (A Wolf's Pride, #3)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • Arise (Syrenka, #3)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Genevieve: A Witchblood Novelette (Witchblood, #3.5)
  • Unattainable (Affliction, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Threads That Bind (Havoc Chronicles, #1)
  • Promises (Timeless #2)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • The Third Scroll (Hardstorm Saga, #1)
I like to read, write, and watch movies. Basically, I like stories.
More about Maddy Edwards...
Paranormal Public (Paranormal Public, #1) One Black Rose (One Black Rose, #1) August (One Black Rose, #2) Elemental Shining (Paranormal Public #3) Autumn (One Black Rose, #3)

“Because sarcasm is my native language.” 7 likes