Start by marking “Lebendige Schatten (Reckless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lebendige Schatten (Reckless, #2)

Lebendige Schatten (Mirrorworld #2)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,505 Ratings  ·  429 Reviews
Das dunkle Märchen geht weiter. Jacob Reckless düstere Abenteuer gehen weiter. Seinen Bruder Will hat er retten können, doch der Preis war hoch. Wird sich die Motte auf seiner Brust, Zeichen des Feenfluchs, lösen und zu ihrer Herrin fliegen, ist Jacob dem Tode geweiht. Ein Wettlauf gegen die Zeit beginnt und ein Wettkampf mit dem Goyl Nerron um den einen Schatz. Er kann di ...more
Published September 6th 2012 by Cecilie Dressler Verlag

To ask other readers questions about Lebendige Schatten, please sign up.

Sophia Since this story is a trilogy there will be a 3rd book after Reckless II ;)
The Metamorphosis by Franz KafkaThe Man Without Qualities by Robert MusilSteppenwolf by Hermann HesseThe Trial by Franz KafkaThe Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria Rilke
Best German/Austrian Literature
293rd out of 612 books — 783 voters
The Neverending Story by Michael EndeDie kleine Hexe by Otfried PreußlerMomo by Michael EndeDas kleine Gespenst by Otfried PreußlerDer Räuber Hotzenplotz by Otfried Preußler
German Childrens' Books in German
73rd out of 212 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynn Rainbow
Jun 11, 2016 Lynn Rainbow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a few days since I finished reading this book, but I've had no time to actually sit and write down this review. And this is due to study and exams, and not because I've nothing to say about this book (because, you know, I gave it 5 stars so obviously I've a lot of things to say about this one).

What can I say? I read Reckless a long time ago, and I didn't know there would have been a sequel to it. I found out about this book just a couple of months ago, and when I finally found it at m
Simona Bartolotta
"Nothing lasted for ever, even behind the mirror."

EDIT 19/12/15 - English translation (more or less) of the review added - recensione in italiano a fondo pagina/Italian review at the bottom of the page.

Lately, the attention I pay to new book releases is even lower than usual, and it is at its worst even in my 'normal' periods, so just imagine. Anyway, I was in this bookshop in Edinburgh all on my own, when at some point, having already browsed through all the other sections, I find myself in the
Trish
Dec 09, 2015 Trish rated it it was amazing
The second volume about Jacob Reckless, the boy who found another world behind a black mirror and fox, his shape shifting friend (well, more than just a friend if both are honest).

When I opened the book, I was very disappointed because where the first book was filled with the author's illustrations, this only had little ones at the beginning of each chapter. It felt lifeless in comparison to the first volume.
When asking Cornelia Funke here on Goodreads, she told me that she had wanted to includ
Daria
May 31, 2014 Daria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a rather long time since I last ventured into Funke's Mirrorworld (although I did only do it the once), even longer since I last re-read Dragon Rider, my all-time Funke favorite, and probably eons since the Inkworld happened. My memories of Funke's books are distant but strong: I recall being bemused and enchanted by her dark and wonderful tales, and I owe her a young reader's deep-seated loyalty.

But it's not an eleven-year old Daria that read Reckless and Fearless. I wonder if the el
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
OMG PLEASE LET IT BE ALTEASTNEXT YEAR I WANT MORE OF JACOBBBBBB!

UPDATES:
Loved it!
Rachel Lightwood
I know that I am a mood reader - scheduling what books to read when just doesn’t work for me. I know that, obviously. But for some reason I pushed myself through this book even though I knew that I just wasn’t in the right mood for such a ‘heavy’ and wordy fantasy. Don’t get me wrong though, this book was fantastic. I cannot deny that. Fearless was the continuation of Jacob Reckless' journey in the Mirrorworld, and the story was engrossing as always.

The plot, somehow, manages to be a constant s
Tyree Singleton
Jun 24, 2014 Tyree Singleton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since the end of the Reckless I have been waiting for this sequel to come out. I'm sure it won't disappoint. Also, I can't understand why Reckless got a lot of low ratings, i thought it was a really good book.
Alex
Apr 27, 2012 Alex marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shocked that people weren't expecting bk 2... Did they not read the ending??
Isabell
Deutsche Rezension folgt weiter unten
________________

I loved Cornelia Funke's Inkheart books and was a bit disappointed by the first Reckless book. I liked it but something seemed missing. I just finished the second book and liked it much more. The story continues where the first book left off. Jacob tries to find a way to counter the fairy curse that will kill him if he doesn't succeed. He is accompanied by the shapeshifter Fox. After every other measure Jacob knows of and tries fails to help a
James M. Madsen, M.D.
I liked "Reckless," the first novel in this trilogy, and I gave it three stars out of a possible five; but for me it was a little lacking in depth and in character development. Now, in retrospect, I see it as setting the stage for "Fearless," which is in almost every way significantly better than the introductory volume. "Fearless" starts slowly but after about a third of the book or so rapidly morphs into an exciting tale with characters about whom I really cared. The bulk of the book is a "Rai ...more
Amelie
Jun 12, 2016 Amelie rated it really liked it
Ein kurzer Blick zurück auf den 24. Februar 2011, der Tag an dem ich den ersten Band beendet hatte. Ich fand das Buch nicht unbedingt schlecht, war aber ein kleine wenig enttäuscht, weil mir zwei der Hauptcharaktere, nämlich Clara und Will, sehr unsympathisch gewesen sind und es mich ein wenig gestört hatte, dass Jacob sein Leben für Will riskiert.
Nun, in diesem zweiten Band ist keine einzige Szene aus der Sicht von einem der beiden geschrieben. Um genau zu sein spielen sie hier nur eine sehr se
Shiku
Oct 14, 2012 Shiku rated it really liked it
Die deutsche Rezension findet ihr hier.

The review contains spoilers about the first book.
________________________________________

The Mirrorworld’s best treasure hunter’s career seems to come to an end – not because he wants it to, but because he said the Dark Fairy’s name, cursing himself with it. The moth on his breast will bite him six times, and then it’ll fly away, taking Jacob’s life with it.
Every artefact he has tried was useless, but there is a last chance: the legend says a magical cross
Liviania
Apr 03, 2013 Liviania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jacob Reckless found a mirror in his missing father's study that allows him to travel to another world, a world full of magic. In the first Mirrorworld novel, RECKLESS, Jacob's brother followed him and was nearly turned into a Goyl - a creature of stone. Jacob saved him but is now under a curse himself, one that will kill him within the year. There is one last artifact that could save his life, but it will be a struggle to find it in time - especially since there is another searching for it.

FEAR
Miss Bookiverse
Ich glaube so schnell habe ich noch nie ein so langes Hörbuch gehört, dann war's auch noch ein Reread, aber genau das richtige für die Weihnachtszeit zu zweit :)

Ich find immer noch alles genauso toll wie beim ersten Mal. Fuchs und Jacob sind einfach eins meiner allerliebsten Paare, auch wenn sie das selbst viel zu langsam kapieren. Mein Lieblingspart ist nach wie vor die ganze Blaubart-Eskapade.
Die ganzen Märchenelemente drumherum sind so kreativ und spannend. Vieles wird ja nur in Nebensätzen e
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Cornelia Funke is one of those authors where I decided she was a favorite author because I loved the first two of her books I read, Inkheart and The Thief Lord. Further reading, however, has revealed that maybe I don’t love her books as much as I thought. I mean, I still think she’s talented, but my more recent experiences with her have very much been cases where they’re not the ideal books for me personally, being much more focused on world building and plot than on characterization.

Read the fu
Viridiana Ivashkov
Nov 15, 2014 Viridiana Ivashkov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Se merece 10 estrellitas (?) :3 y se va directo a los favoritos.
Wuau me robó el aliento, este libro es como un puñetazo directo al estómago (?) y por un boxeador profesional jaja.

Cornelia, oh querida Cornelia Funke me has conquistado completamente con una historia llena de fantasía oscura tan original. Con un universo tan completo y lleno de magia. Es soberbio, el mundo de detrás del espejo es una maravilla. A pesar de que te deja un regusto amargo, ya que en este lugar de ensueño en el que pueb
Allison Green
i cannot wait till this book comes - the first one was amazing!
Bushra
Jul 07, 2013 Bushra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better than Reckless. Maybe because Clara wasn't in it. And hence none of the awkward scenes between Jacob and her. This story focussed much more on Fox and Jacob, and that made me happy.
So Jacob is dying because of saying the Dark Fairy's name, and throughout this book he's trying to find a cure. It was beautifully written, his desperation was palpable to me, Fox had a much bigger role to play, and her feelings were also so very well portrayed. I loved it loved it. I especiall
Feb 24, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're back in Mirrorworld, based on our world but alive with all the creatures we read about in fairy tales. Jacob, in our Chicago, has bid on a magic bottle inhabited by a northern djinni - their blood is rumored to reverse curses and boy does Jacob have a curse (that moth which will eventually eat his heart, a 'gift' after his role in the Blood Wedding; confused? read the first book). Turns out, the blood doesn't work so we're on to Plan Z, a magical crossbow that will either kill thousands or ...more
Daisy
asdfghjkl I can't.
Oh my god. I love the first one of the Mirrorworld series, and it became my favourite book. But after this latest instalment...

When I say it's perfect beyond belief I'm not exaggerating. This book should be far more well-known.
Reckless Reckless was brilliant, with crime, action, romance, adventure, fantasy and all that. But Fearless, has all this, but takes everything to a completely new level.
We get to know Jacob and Fox's relationship better and I was almost in tears at sever
Anna
Mar 04, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Really good, again. But there's nothing else to expect from Cornelia Funke, to be honest. I was very happy about all the familiar faces from the first book, I am glad that Fuchs (or fox as I assume she's called in the English version) got more back story. The hunt was amazing and very stressful (yes, for the reader, this is about life and death after all) and the competition was very likeable. I am excited to see more of him next time. The enemies were frightening and the best part about it was ...more
Abril G. Karera
Apr 26, 2016 Abril G. Karera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un verdadero homenaje a la tradición alemana de los cuentos de hadas. Misterio. Aventura. Personajes reales que hasta se pueden oler. Emoción. Castillos encantados. Príncipes azules. Una verdadera delicia.
Wanheda (Commander of Death)
Dimenticati di te stesso, ma non di lei.

Mi odio, mi odio, mi odio, mi odio. Ho finito anche il secondo libro e ora mi tocca aspettare. Lo sapevo che finiva così eppure non sono riuscita a trattenermi. Più e più volte mi sono sforzata di fermarmi e spegnere il tolino per cercare di farlo durare il più a lungo possibile, e non come ho fatto durante la lettura della trilogia delle gemme, quella era apatia, proprio non volevo che finisse perché spegnerlo significava rimanere con lo sguardo perso n
Kendra
Nov 11, 2015 Kendra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can finally breathe again.
Tsuraya
Wow, Fearless, wow. For my love of fantasy and fairy tales shall this book became an oase to my thirst.

Wow Cornelia Funke I'm no wrong declaring you as (one) my favorite words-weaver ever. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Amazing. Everyone should dig into the awesomeness of this book.

Okay, the real review.

So I picked the first book of Mirrorworld series in it's Indonesian Edition and loved it so much and now I got an International Edition of the second book. But back then, I didn't give Reckless 5
Karen Bernal
Jun 06, 2016 Karen Bernal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2016
Reckless es ahora de mis sagas favoritas de fantasía. Y es que cornelia nunca decepciona.
Aunque en ésta ocasión las ilustraciones fueron pequeñitas, es indudable el aporte que hacen a la historia.

Me desconcierta un poco darme cuenta que esta sa aga no tiene tanto fandom como corazón de tinta, pero les aseguro que es tan bueno como todo lo que Funke nos da.

No quiero publicar spoilers ni nada, pero sepan que está historia tiene un toque de romance, aunque claro está no entorpece para nada toda la
Eve
Oct 24, 2011 Eve marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sweet! I love all of Cornelia's other books, and I can't wait for this one! I hope it comes out soon...
Evelyn Espinosa
Jul 22, 2016 Evelyn Espinosa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ésta segunda parte por mucho a superado al primer libro, en mi opinión.

El libro te engancha una vez pasadas las primeras treinta páginas, y ya no lo puedes soltar hasta terminarlo. El desenlace eleva la frecuencia cardíaca y sientes la adrenalina correr por todo el cuerpo. El final. Éste te invita de inmediato a comenzar el tercer libro, lo que me pareció excelente porque te deja expectante e intrigado para continuar con más...

PD. Jacob fue tonto, muy tonto en muchas ocasiones, pero se justific
Emma
May 08, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy, fantasy
Jacob Reckless is going to die. And an entire magical world at his disposal hasn’t managed to yield anything to change that…until now. A tomb has been uncovered, and rumors have it that it hold both the body of the Witchslayer and his magical crossbow. The legends say the crossbow comes with three arrows. The first, fired at an enemy in hatred, had slain ten thousand men. The second, fired at his son in love, had brought him back from death’s door. Jacob sets out to recover this one last hope wi ...more
Samantha Boyette
May 18, 2013 Samantha Boyette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
So...middle books generally disappoint, but I was really hoping this one wouldn't. It did.

I loved Reckless, it was everything I've come to expect from a Funke book and I started this one with high expectations that the magical feeling would continue. I'm honestly not sure why it didn't. Maybe it was the secondary viewpoint of the other treasure hunter?

Worldwise, this book was beautiful. The mirror world feels thick and real and I can vividly imagine every piece of it. Funke's descriptions are t
??? 5 46 Jun 22, 2013 05:21PM
Yay.. 3 25 Jan 23, 2013 10:17AM
  • Dschinnland (Die Sturmkönige, #1)
  • Lilith (Uralte Metropole, #2)
  • Feenlicht (Sturmjäger von Aradon, #1)
  • The Margrave (Relic Master, #4)
  • Erwachen (Die Dreizehnte Fee, #1)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Secret Country
  • Legacy (Wicked, #3)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke...

Mirrorworld (5 books)
  • Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1)
  • The Golden Yarn (MirrorWorld, #3)
  • Untitled (Mirrorworld, #4)
  • Untitled (Mirrorworld, #5)

“When the heart craved something so forcefully, then reason became nothing but helpless observer.” 18 likes
“What was she hoping to gain from his death? That it would numb the pain of his betrayal, or heal her injured pride? Her red sister didn't know much about love.” 3 likes