Start by marking “Desire ” as Want to Read:

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  993 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Toru is a shy and quiet student who has developed a special crush on his close friend Ryoji, the most popular member of the high school swim team. In front of Ryoji, Toru hides his feelings and acts as if he is just one of Ryoji's good friends, but in a moment out of the blue his world will be turned upside down as Ryoji will confess a secret desire for Toru. Dazzled, Toru ...more
Published November 1st 2004 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published September 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire

Annelise L'Estrange
When I picked this up, I only wanted to pass the time and, thank God, the plot wasn’t overly complicated or anything and the main character, Toru, was a cutie :)

Baically, is the story of two friends: Toru and Ryoji. Toru loves Ryoji secretly and Ryoji has a sexual atraction towards Toru, but none of them knows about each other’s feelings until Ryoji admits to Toru that he gets aroused near him.

Honestly, I didn’t like Ryoji. I don’t usually like forceful males in any sort of way and he was a tota
Anne Freya
Inilah salah satu komik yg sukses bikin aku jengkel setengah mati wkt bacanya. 2 tokoh utamanya sama2 menyebalkan karakternya.
Feb 23, 2015 Enya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: yaoi

The random italics of the translation I read were REALLY IRRITATING.
Otherwise, I really liked the story and the drawing style. Point deduction for emotionally manipulative second main character. Though it sometimes created humour. And I guess there's no fault in portraying people like that, it's just that I don't personally enjoy reading these portrays too much.
A lovely and entertaining manga. The characters had depth and were compelling. The blend of humor with the otherwise melodrama narrative was balanced wonderfully. There were a couple of moments when the translation seemed to have missed something, something that was trying to still be conveyed in the images but got lost in the language. I fear this happens far more often than it should. There were also a couple of sequences were the artist left faces half drawn or not done at all and while this ...more
I don't know how to feel about this one. I liked the plot but I didn't like the plot. It had its moments when the story was pretty great but the romance that went on I didn't understand sometimes. It seemed okay.
I thought it was very cute when I first read it about two years ago. To this day it is one of my favorites.
very nice
Queenb marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Skarlette Sosa
Skarlette Sosa marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Paola Romeo
Paola Romeo marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Miguel Angel
Miguel Angel marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Andrea Cox
Andrea Cox marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
  • CUT
  • Passion, Volume 01
  • Little Butterfly, Vol. 01
  • Empty Heart: False Love
  • Love Mode Vol. 1 (Love Mode, #1)
  • Kizuna - Bonds of Love: Book 1 (Yaoi)
  • Spell