Start by marking “A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)” as Want to Read:
A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)

A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)

Escape to the charming town of Copper Mill, Tennessee. Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Copper Mill is a place of tradition and tranquility, where neighbors work together and life moves at a slower pace. But when Kate Hanlon and her husband Paul, the new pastor of Faith Briar Church, move in, they quickly find out that small town life is anything but ...more
Published 2007 by Guideposts

To ask other readers questions about A State of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A State of Grace

Donna
Sep 14, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Traci Depree is one of my favorite authors. Somehow I had tucked this book away and forgotten all about it. I just found it this weekend and read it in one night. This was such a touching story which was actually two stories intertwined. One story was a light-hearted almost comical story about two brothers fighting over a dog and that alternated with a more serious story about a family that was going through some very hard times alone. A woman who had recently lost her husband and then found her ...more
ANNETTE
Feb 08, 2017 ANNETTE rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book about faith filled with community bonding. I liked the way everyone pulls together. Just wasn't too sure about the "mystery" part of the story .
Allie
Dec 15, 2016 Allie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 4.5 stars! I enjoyed this a lot more as I got into it! I loved the ending!
Julie Akeman
May 14, 2016 Julie Akeman rated it it was amazing
Not a bad story, being a Guideposts publication it was of course very faith filled and showed the bonds of the church community, how it should be. I know some places are not like that, though my church is not perfect it seems to be very community minded. There was a little surprising twist to the story, but I'm not giving that up. Perfect read for Christian fiction lovers, it's a mystery but not a who dunnit or any sort of murder mystery but a great cozy read.
Michelle
Aug 26, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
This is the second "Minister's Wife Mystery" that I've read. Like many series published by Guideposts the individual books are frequently by different authors. In this one, the mystery is very mild but the characters are well written and that is more the focus of the story. However, I did think that the subplot about the brothers and the dog was unnecessary (and even distracting) from the main story. The effort to tie that into the main story near the end was a reach.
Kristy
Slightly better than book 1. I liked the idea of why Elvis possibly named Graceland as he did (Grace Land, land of grace).

Likely to read rest of series: I honestly thought these two were it, until just now when I looked here and saw that there were more in the series. Definitely not going to make it through any more.
Camiwar
Jan 10, 2016 Camiwar rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this book - fairly light reading. It was a pleasant surprise as I had just happened upon it at Goodwill. It's not a mystery in the sense of crime or murder, but some things need to be found out for the good of the characters -- such a great surprise ending, in my opinion. Subplots of grieving and adoption, not to mention forgiveness.
Jonathan M.
This book was really good. There was no mystery but they needed grace because this girl has blood cancer. She needed a marrow donor. They thought her sister could have it but she didn't have one. This man named Jack Wilson. So she was saved. Not really a mystery in this one, only about Paticira's life. And her 2 daughters.
Leanne Cragun
I didn't like this book as well as the first books I read by this author. The ending was too obvious, though I do like happy endings. I could predict the ending almost from the beginning. Overall it was okay and it was an easy read.
Carmen
Mar 31, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popular-fiction
Described as a mystery, I felt a bit lost. The mystery is who owns a dog and how to help someone solve a medical problem. I don't think of these things when I hear mystery. But the story was good, well-written, I just think the theme was a bit juvenile.
Pat
Jun 24, 2009 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't really call this series "mystery", but I like them. Easy to read and the plots move along quickly and they are faith- based.
Tiffany
This wasn't really much of a mystery. It was more about the importance of relationships. The characters are lovable in this series so they are just nice, easy, uplifting reads.
Barbara Campbell
Mar 15, 2013 Barbara Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Enjoyable read... DePree is high on my favorite author's list!
Jenny
Jan 03, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women and teen girls
Recommended to Jenny by: Nobody
I really enjoyed this book. It was a story that was easily believeable and the author drew me in, and I felt like I was part of the search for Marissa's twin sister.
Karisa
Karisa rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2012
Elaine Wilcox
Elaine Wilcox rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2008
Sarah Marchuk
Sarah Marchuk rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Tim Cox
Tim Cox rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Marylin
Marylin rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Debbie Campbell
Debbie Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Pat Vayo
Pat Vayo rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Shantelle
Shantelle rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Julie Hahn
Julie Hahn rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Kelly Davis
Kelly Davis rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Mom-Ce
Mom-Ce rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: A State of Grace - 18th Aug Book 1 1 Aug 27, 2013 09:25AM
Traci DePree is the author of nine books. She loves creating new worlds where readers can escape the demands of everyday life and discover a deeper place of faith where true hope resides. She makes her home in a rural town in Minnesota where she fills her days with books, volunteering, gathering with friends and loved ones, playing a little tennis, riding dirt bike, as well as sewing and knitting! ...more
More about Traci Depree...

Mystery and the Minister's Wife (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1)
  • Beauty Shop Tales (Mystery and the Minister's Wife, #3)
  • A Test of Faith (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #4)
  • The Best is Yet to Be (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #5)
  • Angels Undercover (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #6)
  • Into the Wilderness (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #7)
  • Where There's a Will (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #8)
  • Dog Days (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #9)
  • The Missing Ingredient (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #10)
  • Open Arms (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #11) by Traci Depree