Start by marking “A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)” as Want to Read:
A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)

A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Escape to the charming town of Copper Mill, Tennessee. Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Copper Mill is a place of tradition and tranquility, where neighbors work together and life moves at a slower pace. But when Kate Hanlon and her husband Paul, the new pastor of Faith Briar Church, move in, they quickly find out that small town life is anything but ...more
Published 2007 by Guideposts

To ask other readers questions about A State of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A State of Grace

Carmen
Described as a mystery, I felt a bit lost. The mystery is who owns a dog and how to help someone solve a medical problem. I don't think of these things when I hear mystery. But the story was good, well-written, I just think the theme was a bit juvenile.
R.J. Kottke
Fun light mysteries
Michelle
This is the second "Minister's Wife Mystery" that I've read. Like many series published by Guideposts the individual books are frequently by different authors. In this one, the mystery is very mild but the characters are well written and that is more the focus of the story. However, I did think that the subplot about the brothers and the dog was unnecessary (and even distracting) from the main story. The effort to tie that into the main story near the end was a reach.
Kristy
Slightly better than book 1. I liked the idea of why Elvis possibly named Graceland as he did (Grace Land, land of grace).

Likely to read rest of series: I honestly thought these two were it, until just now when I looked here and saw that there were more in the series. Definitely not going to make it through any more.
Jonathan M.
This book was really good. There was no mystery but they needed grace because this girl has blood cancer. She needed a marrow donor. They thought her sister could have it but she didn't have one. This man named Jack Wilson. So she was saved. Not really a mystery in this one, only about Paticira's life. And her 2 daughters.
Leanne Cragun
I didn't like this book as well as the first books I read by this author. The ending was too obvious, though I do like happy endings. I could predict the ending almost from the beginning. Overall it was okay and it was an easy read.
Tiffany
This wasn't really much of a mystery. It was more about the importance of relationships. The characters are lovable in this series so they are just nice, easy, uplifting reads.
Jenny
Feb 06, 2013 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women and teen girls
Recommended to Jenny by: Nobody
I really enjoyed this book. It was a story that was easily believeable and the author drew me in, and I felt like I was part of the search for Marissa's twin sister.
Barbara Campbell

Enjoyable read... DePree is high on my favorite author's list!
Pat
I wouldn't really call this series "mystery", but I like them. Easy to read and the plots move along quickly and they are faith- based.
Elaine
Jun 09, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
When doing a search on bookfinder, it's 498
Diana
Diana added it
Jun 02, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Kitti Boesel
Kitti Boesel marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Sharon Green
Sharon Green marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Shawn Armstrong
Shawn Armstrong marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Peg
Peg marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Traci DePree is the author of nine books. She loves creating new worlds where readers can escape the demands of everyday life and discover a deeper place of faith where true hope resides. She makes her home in a rural town in Minnesota where she fills her days with books, volunteering, gathering with friends and loved ones, playing a little tennis, riding dirt bike, as well as sewing and knitting! ...more
More about Traci Depree...

Mystery and the Minister's Wife (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1)
  • Beauty Shop Tales (Mystery and the Minister's Wife, #3)
  • A Test of Faith (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #4)
  • Mystery and the Minister's Wife series: The Best is Yet to Be
  • Angels Undercover (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #6)
  • Into the Wilderness (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #7)
  • Where There's a Will (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #8)
  • Dog Days (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #9)
  • The Missing Ingredient (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #10)
  • Open Arms (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #11) by Traci Depree
A Can of Peas Dandelions in a Jelly Jar Aprons on a Clothesline Into the Wilderness (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #7) Open Arms (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #11) by Traci Depree