Start by marking “Fight for You” as Want to Read:
Fight for You

Fight for You

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  16 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Sold off to pay her father's debts, Cherry spends her nights dancing and her days longing for freedom. Determined to break free of her life, she transfers from the dancehalls to the stadiums where all the real money is made.

The only problem with her plan is that she does not know how to fight. In order to learn, Cherry approaches Berlin, one of the best fighters in the st
ebook
Published June 20th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published June 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fight for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight for You

Laylah
Aug 31, 2012 Laylah rated it liked it
This is a really ambitious novella, which is both its strength and its weakness. Bain-Vrba packs a lot of story into only 15k words -- the whole arc of training and arena fighting for Cherry, and the entire development of the Cherry/Berlin romance -- which means the action never stops, but also unfortunately means that it winds up feeling rushed in a lot of places.

Still, thematically, there's a lot going on here that I like -- women brawlers in arena combat to win their way out of debt slavery!
Adrian Smith
So this book is hard for me to write a review about. I liked it, and I didn’t like it at the same time; I’ll try to explain as best I can. I was intrigued by the concept and the plot. The plot moved quickly, which kept my interest. I was definitely wanting to find out what happened to these two women.

However, I didn’t find any real connection between them or to me. I can’t tell if it’s because it wasn’t there or if it was because of the writing. There was a lot of telling in this story, rather
Inked Reads
Aug 17, 2015 Inked Reads rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, fantasy

Alannah Clarke
Nov 07, 2013 Alannah Clarke rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
To be honest I thought this book looked quite promising but it was a bit of a let down. It just didn't grab me the way I expected which let me down quite a bit during the rest of the novella. However, I can't say I completely hate it, I do think Bain-Vrba cleverly packs in a lot in such a small book. However, I couldn't really connect to any of the characters which resulted in me skim-reading quite a bit.
Francis Franklin
Apr 27, 2016 Francis Franklin rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesbian
Starts off well, and I enjoyed the first half, but the story gets increasingly vague and rushed as if the great big black/plot hole at the end is distorting the fabric of reality. That and the relentless men-are-evil-incarnate theme that feels increasingly like a diatribe.
Issa
Issa rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Ferny Witter
Ferny Witter rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Yukari
Yukari rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Kathleen
Aug 19, 2012 Kathleen rated it liked it
Shelves: au, ff
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Wronskifeinted
Wronskifeinted rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2014
Dagmara Golińska
Dagmara Golińska rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Jelena
Jelena rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
MarCo
MarCo rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Citra
Citra rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Megan
Megan added it
May 08, 2012
Shraddha
Shraddha marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Bernadette Walsh
Bernadette Walsh marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
KV Taylor
KV Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Tamika
Tamika marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Gwendolynn
Gwendolynn marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Elaine Page
Elaine Page marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2012
Raegan Tatro
Raegan Tatro marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Mykeishabroach
Mykeishabroach marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Kader
Kader added it
Aug 10, 2012
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Sara
Sara added it
Aug 28, 2012
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Lanuyanger
Lanuyanger marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Amanda Kruckenberg
Amanda Kruckenberg marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Himadri
Himadri is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2012
Alice Montrose
Alice Montrose marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2012
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Elena
Elena added it
Oct 12, 2012
Gail Hansen
Gail Hansen marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Pepper
Pepper marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Xina
Xina marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Kayla Bain-Vrba has been living in daydreams ever since she was a little girl and writing about them for as long as she can remember. It was her discovery of m/m romance that inspired her first published work at age nineteen and is the genre she feels most at home in. When she’s not writing—or is procrastinating writing—Kayla fills her time with music, her boyfriend, and planning things to a tee, ...more
More about Kayla Bain-Vrba...