Start by marking “Mate of the Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mate of the Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #1)

Mate of the Werewolf (Changeling Encounters #1)

3.51  ·  Rating Details ·  1,844 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
Grace Marin was a veterinarian with a mission. She needed to raise and keep enough funds for her wildlife sanctuary. When she meets her biggest donor at a fundraiser...her world is turned upside down. After a passionate and wild encounter in a bathroom...he drops a bomb. He's a wolf changeling and she is his mate. Unless she agrees to his terms and mates with him...he will ...more
Published May 6th 2012 by Scott Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mate of the Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mate of the Werewolf

Talltree
Hot, sweet, insta-love PNR novella read!
Safe romance
LaShonta
Jun 06, 2013 LaShonta rated it did not like it
Shelves: disliked, mf-shifters
Oh dear:(

Ok, let's start off by saying, "Where is the damn plot??!!"

Let me lists the things I didn't like about this story, if you can call it that.

1. It was too damn short!!
2. Noah was a jackass in the beginning.
3. Who in the hell is gonna have sex after meeting someone for 30 seconds (and I do mean 30 seconds) mate or no?
4. Why in hell would Noah blackmail his mate to mate with him? (I am not even joking!!)

So moving on, this was about Noah meeting his mate at a fundraiser in which his mate was
Denna✌
Aug 19, 2016 Denna✌ rated it liked it
Vey short, very hot and very safe! If you're looking for a very short, hot and safe book this is it!
Theresa
Feb 13, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Even tho im not a fan of Paranormal I love this book. it was short but good. make a girl wish she has the same power. a little. No mater what style book Jan write I have enjoyed it. thank u so much! ! u r a fantastic author!!
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
OH I'm sorry if not everybody likes this sort of stories but for me perhaps they are my guilty pleasure!!, this genre is one of my favourites, thats what got me into reading so I always have a soft spot when it comes to review paranormal, I did feel sometimes the dialogue was a bit rushed and because its a short story well I felt it ended too fast and it had potential to be a longer read, but also perhaps that is me not wanting to finished to book!, in saying that we must remember we are talking ...more
T.
Dec 11, 2013 T. rated it really liked it
The story was good, but it was only a novella- I'm starting to feel a little cheated by excellent writers that have potentially great novels, but they seem content to just write a novella. Good writing style, good character development, interesting storyline-- lots of unrealized potential for a full-size book. Worth the read.
Ashley Hedden
Aug 08, 2014 Ashley Hedden rated it it was amazing
This was another great story by J.S. Scott. This was a story about an incredibly handsome werewolf who is looking for his mate. When Noah meets Grace, he not only finds his mate but also the woman he loves. This was a great story and I can not wait to read the rest of the series. This is a must read for everyone.
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Feb 25, 2014 Lindsay Thompson-Sublett rated it really liked it
I'll be honest, I wasn't sure but I was actually impressed. It is a short story but it is a great read.
Tonya
extremely short (blink and you'll miss it) but also hot, safe and sweet. 100% safe
Ani's  Reviews
Nov 11, 2014 Ani's Reviews rated it it was amazing
I loved this story even though it was fast paced. It still got great details, good elements and it was interesting. I was left wanting more after reading it and I will be definitely checking out the rest of this books.
siara brandon
May 31, 2014 siara brandon rated it it was amazing
Mate Of The Werewolf

Mate Of The Werewolf was a really good book.I liked how you started the book at a ball room dance. Siara Nicole Brandon.
robyn greer
Dec 04, 2014 robyn greer rated it it was amazing
Hey scott

J.s. Scott is a author in a class by himself.when ever I see his name on a book, I just gotta have it
Tami
Feb 24, 2014 Tami rated it it was amazing
Can a vet find romance with a wealthy shifter? Anything is possible! This book has mystery and a whole lot of steaminess.I always enjoy Jan's book and this one is free!
Lavana Sanchez
Oct 25, 2013 Lavana Sanchez rated it it was amazing
i think she did deserve him but the book should of been a little bit more longer it was a little bit to short
Debra
Jan 12, 2015 Debra rated it it was amazing
This book is very erotic and if you like shifter stories with the alpha hotness this is the book for you. Be warned it is a turn on panty wetting sexy read.
Jesseeca
Dec 04, 2014 Jesseeca rated it it was amazing
Hot little read before bed!!!
Trisha
Apr 23, 2013 Trisha rated it it was amazing
very short book but I really enjoyed it. I will look up other books by this author.
Julia
Feb 07, 2015 Julia rated it it was amazing
Great Book!!!! I would read this book again most definitely!!!
Michelle Mercedes
Jan 31, 2014 Michelle Mercedes rated it it was amazing
I loved it, I have to say it was well written
Denise
Nov 22, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
When Noah meets Grace, he not very nice but Grace needed his funding .. Also
Noah knew that Grace was his mate .. this is a very short story that you can sit back and enjoy it
over lunch
Rochelle
Aug 21, 2013 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
I really loved this little story!
Victoria Newman
Sep 04, 2013 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
 B.E.Love
Mar 22, 2013 B.E.Love rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars This was a pretty good novella I wish we could have gotten a little more and I was a little surprised when at 73% the book was over(I wish I knew that going in so I wasn't surprised when I turned the page and the book was over). Grace is a vet but her real passion is the wildlife sanctuary she runs so she finds herself at a fundraiser trying to raise money for the animals. When she meets Noah sparks fly and they find themselves in a intimate situation. Grace is shocked when Noah ...more
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
Again, the paranormal lore reminded me of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. Like Ethan's Mate (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...), this one was also free on Amazon, but even shorter, and even less plot [spoiler alert - don't worry though, not much there to spoil]:

Werewolf meets Girl for the first time at a charity function. Werewolf and Girl have oral sex in the restroom. Werewolf (who is insanely rich) threatens to withdraw funding for Girl's pet (pun intended) project unless s
Janet Juengling-Snell
Mar 24, 2013 Janet Juengling-Snell rated it really liked it
A short, but a smoking hot read!!! All I can say it WOW.

Mate of the Werewolf, by J.S. Scott, jumps right into the story.

Werewolf finds his mate and goes after her. No beating around the bush, no games, just right to the point.

I have to admit it was refreshing to read something so straight forward.

Mara
Jul 13, 2012 Mara rated it did not like it
Shelves: trash-bin, dnf
Even erotica has (or should have) standards: good writing is one of these.
A short story is much more difficult to write, but it seems a lot of people think that a sex scene/sex story is somewhat different. Nope, it's probably more difficult. Because eroticism isn't sex. :)

Laura Goff
Aug 25, 2013 Laura Goff rated it really liked it
It was a good find I happened upon by surfing through other books to read but I'm glad to come across it .... it has a great storyline I recommend
Linda
May 30, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
A very quick read, a shifter sniffs his mate and tries to blackmail her into mating.
Smutty fluff and shifters. 27 pages.
Elizabeth Wood
Apr 06, 2014 Elizabeth Wood rated it really liked it
Short But Sweet!

Hot!

Noah and Grace find each other unexpectedly, but will they be together? Or will circumstances keep them apart forever?
  • Her Billionaire Alpha (Moon Pack Rules #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • Her Wolf, Her Protector
  • The New Alpha
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Mark of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #1)
  • Werewolf Dreams (Taming the Wolf, #1)
  • Bound to the Alpha: Part Three
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Frostbite: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #2.1)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Accidentally Wolf (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
J.S. Scott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She's an avid reader of all types of books and literature. Writing what she loves to read, J.S. Scott writes both contemporary erotic romance stories and paranormal romance erotics. They almost always feature an Alpha Male and have a happily ever after because she just can't seem to write them any other way!

Please v
More about J.S. Scott...

Changeling Encounters (3 books)
  • The Dangers of Adopting a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #2)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)

“Most of her classmates were barely legal drinking age and were all about college partying, while Kara could only think about making it through each day, getting one step closer to graduation.” 4 likes
“Tears streamed from her eyes as she looked at the clock, blurred by the flood of moisture that seemed never-ending.” 4 likes