Start by marking “EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI” as Want to Read:
EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  599 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Sem a moral das religiões estabelecidas, o autor embarca o leitor na polêmica em torno daquilo que está além da vida e nos sustenta diante da morte. Para isso, usa o poder de síntese e faz os religiosos, os espiritualistas e mesmo os que se consideram ateus refletirem. Mas sem as palavras, os sermões, as exigências ou promessas que os credos tradicionais apregoam. Paul Ard ...more
Paperback, 1, 128 pages
Published 2009 by INTRINSECA (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

Tony
“Look, he said, pointing at the sunset. What do you think made that? Do you think it’s an accident? Do you think it’s a trick of the light? Do you think it’s a fluke?”
Uhm, Rayleigh’s scattering perhaps? I love it how the clueless author decides to end his masterpiece with this jaw-dropping bad piece of argument. Not that there were any arguments worth mentioning in the first place, which makes the claim he makes at the front cover, that his “book explains once and for all [the existence of God]
Abdyka Wirmon

ini bukan buku agama

ini buku tentang tuhan.

sekian terima kasih..

*meniru apa yang disampai oleh buku ini, singkat, padat dan sedikit ngambang :)
Luke
I received this as a gift. I'm not sure that it's the kind of thing that I'd pay for, but I am very glad that I read it.

It is, by turns, both enlightening and annoying; to say that Paul Arden has tickets on himself is possibly understating things. But nevertheless, his take on the whole God conundrum is pretty interesting. It's not particularly dogmatic, and it pays attention to the difference between being religious and being spiritual - though never in a way that encourages a lot of division.
Cahyo
Bagaimana membandingkan ke-3 buku mewah Paul Arden? Bagusan buku yg pertama kemana2, terus dia kena "2nd book curse".. apalagi yg buku ke-3 ini, hadoohhhh...

Satu lagi point yg bikin (tambah) aneh; ono opo yo, ahli marketing jebolan saatchi kok ngomongin Tuhan, dibikin buku pula! Wheleh2.. mendingan baca Amstrong sekalian deh, lebih jelas dan lebih ilmiah pula.

No offense, tapi membaca buku nya yg ke-3 ini kok rasa2nya lebih seperti sekedar pemenuhan kehausan anggota komunitas global (baca: compli
Felly
OK this is my first Paul Arden's book.
Read in in Bahasa Indonesia and found it an interesting and fascinating books.
Simple but with deep issue. I love the way Arden's describing god or GOD. I also love pictorial books because picture can explain almost everything to anyone.
God issue have been an interesting issue for me and I believe that also for anyone who seeks truth for everything.

How we find our own GOD in our daily life.
How religion or belief shapes our life?
What is a belief or religion
Natasha Borah Khan
I think this is an amazing book. All you need to enjoy this little book is an open mind and a sense of humour.. Full review at NatashazWords
Tania
This is the kind of book that you can pick up again and again. It's very well-designed, easy-to-read and a fantastic affirmation that faith is not tied to the church.

As a non-practising Catholic, this tiny book (it doesn't even take 10 minutes to read) spoke volumes to me. Just like Arden, I believe that people should try to be "good" in everything they think, say and do. The fact that I don't go to confession once a week doesn't have any bearing on my "goodness".

Buy it for yourself, or give it
Akbar
This overpriced book is like God For Dummy that literally wrote by a dummy. Paul Arden, is an author with inspiring words to read, but God knows he doesn't have the capacity to write a book about Him.

I love other Paul's work, but this one is totally mess. If you're Paul's fans, this book might become your collection. But if you're God's fans and seek books about Him to read, i suggest you read Karen Armstrong's.
Bookaholic
Dacă eşti un bookaholic înrăit, probabil că nu ratezi nici un moment pentru a citi – de ce să pierzi două ore pe zi, dus-întors, în transportul în comun, aşteptând enervat să treci de stopul ăsta, apoi de următorul, şi tot aşa, când ai putea să mai citeşti vreo douăzeci de pagini dintr-o carte? Recunosc că eu aşa fac, sunt acel gen care citeşte chiar dacă am loc în autobuz sau nu, dacă am de ce bară să mă ţin sau nu (da, ştiu, poate că e cam enervant pentru alţii). Evident, nu citesc cărţi de fi ...more
Helen Capstick
Sep 05, 2010 Helen Capstick rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The thinking type ; )
I thought this book was really an original take on religion and belief. Arden yet again has some fantastic and insightful ideas. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, even thought it was a light book and took no time at all to read to the end. Its a good book to take on holiday because you’re guaranteed to finish it before you come back!
Shruthi Warrier
Given the place I was at and the time I was reading this book, it was quite situational read for me. However, though a nicely put topic, it didn't influence me a bit. Strong faith, what say Paul Arden? ;) Nice illustrations to match up the witty text! Interesting read to go with a boring taxi ride.
Mon
If you're wondering if you should buy the book:

1) It's pro-God

2) It does what its title says, you can read it in under 10 minutes in a book shop. But then, my advice isn't really for people who can afford a taxi ride to work.
Dan Gennoe
Arden argues that the question is not so much, does God exist, but what is god? And it's a good question, one he ponders in his usual succinct manner.
Koen Crolla
Mar 17, 2010 Koen Crolla rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: idiots
Shelves: religion
One of the most shallow books on religion written since C.S. Lewis. Arden is a nasty mental midget incapable of even the slightest bit of critical thought.
Katherine Marple
"God Explained in a Taxi Ride" by Paul Arden is one of his many motivational books published and meant to drive home the solution in as few words as possible. He takes one very heavy topic and explains it in the bluntest of terms.

"God Explained..." is no exception to this rule.

Think about it. Whether you believe in Christ, Allah, Buddha, the Sun God, yourself... this book will answer your questions. Because the long and the short of it is this: God exists in YOU.

Quotations:
"We need a soulmat
Jimmy
Aku berada di padang rumput yang sangat luas dan indah. Rumputnya yang hijau menghampar di sekelilingku. Pemandangan indah yang sudah sangat lama tidak aku jumpai lagi, terakhir ketika aku masih kecil dan tinggal di desa. Aku mulai mengayunkan langkah disegarkan oleh angin yang berhembus. Mataku memandang sekeliling berharap menemukan orang lain di sini, dan pandangan mataku terpaku pada sebatang pohon yang cukup rindang. Bukan pohon itu yang membuat aku terpaku, namun. sesosok tubuh yang sedang ...more
Sean Goh
There are no answers. We will never find them. And that's a good thing, because the unknown makes life so rich. (Live the mystery)

You can only have faith in what you don't know, and can't prove.

The eskimo to the missionary:
"Would I go to hell if I didn't know anything about it?"
"No."
"Why did you tell me about hell then?"

We fight our neighbours because we don't understand them, not because we disagree with them.

God is our name for the force behind creation.
Moerae
The most enjoyable part of this book was it's childish drawings. Unfortunately, the book did little to explain god, which is rather disappointing. Given the title of the book, I was certain that that's what it would do. Alas it was more of a hodge podge of nonsense jumping from one thing to the next in a highly infuriating and illogical manner.
Andi Kuncoro
May 14, 2010 Andi Kuncoro rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: noone
Recommended to Andi by: Paul Arden's 2nd book
Simpel saja, aku tidak suka buku ini walaupun seperti buku pertama Paul Arden (Its Not How Good U're, Its How Good U Wanna Be), dia bisa pas masuk di tas pinggang. Buku ini buku ketiga Paul Arden kukira, yang kedua judulnya Whatever U Think, Think the Opposite. Yang kedua ini bukan best seller book, tapi justru lebih orisinil Paul Arden. Nah...buku ketiganya yang berjudul God Explained in A Taxi Ride ini sangat jelek menurutku. Paul mencoba berbicara sebagai pengamat semua sudut pandang agama-ag ...more
Panata Harianja
May 05, 2008 Panata Harianja rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Orang-orang yang sedang menganiaya Ahmadiah
Shelves: self-development
Kalau ada yang bilang buku ini lebih jelek dari 2 bukunya Arden yang lain saya harus setuju. Karena memang buku ini jelek untuk karya dari orang sekaliber Arden.

Yang saya rasa jadi masalah adalah, setelah selesai baca.... Arden is not really explained about what is or who is God. Mungkin topik buku ini terlalu luas. Sehingga ketika mau dijelaskan mau dengan cara senyeleneh apapun terasa kurang seru. Apalagi kalau paia konsep gaya bukunya Arden selama ini. Dibanding buku ini, buku-buku zen atau
Mysterium
It takes a special book to discuss the debate about the existence of God in just over 100 pages. This is just that special book. Paul Arden does an amazing job at taking what can be a very complex and deep issue and making it easily relate for any reader. He uses humour and wit with some cool little graphics to keep the reader on his or her toes when thinking about the ultimate question...Is there a God?

Arden does a fantastic job at keeping the mood light enough to not be threatening, but addres
Bill C
What does 16 minute cab ride cost?
Ammaly
Some things in life don't need to be complicated to achieve its purpose and this book is the example of what I'm talking about here. Simple, clear and honest. The book answers some of the biggest questions regarding religion, faith and God in a frank and often humourous manner. Plus, it doesn't take you long but the worthwhile length of a taxi ride to enjoy all this and more.
Nakul Shenoy
A coffee-table book packed with beautiful illustrations by Mark Buckingham, this hilarious work of God by Paul Arden is a must-have, must-read.

And if reading a 125-page palm-size book is too much for you, Paul gives a fast-track way for those "in a big hurry": read directly from Page 96. No jokes! (Hmm... That may not be entirely true!)
Alan Fricker
Paul Arden is an ex advertising man and it shows. I previously bought one of his books on creative thinking (must add that actually) so was curious to his take on this.

It is a very quick read (as advertised) and explains a number of points clearly. Some will find it more than a little patronising.

Worth a borrow from the library
Lauren
My friend bought this for me as a gift (for no particular reason, she says she just saw it and thought of me). It was interesting and although it's not really something to be taken very seriously, I'm glad I read it. I particularly liked the end. I thought it was a lovely way of looking at the existence of God.
Michelle
Short read, really cute.

The blunt tone of this book was a little surprising in an society obsessed with political correctness. I guess if I wasn't a Christian, this might have annoyed me. But....I am. So, it didn't. It just simply stated what I've been taught in a Christian household.
Sarthak
Crisp & comfortable, this book(let) is fun with some bending thought. I liked his logic- We fight with the neighbor not because we hate them but because we don't understand them!
Thumbs up Mr. Arden. And thanks to advertising for teaching him the 8-second-to-impress-audience trick!!
Shaoola
A one-sit- read compelling book

An intruding title that made me hesitate at first wether to get the book or not
Since I read other books for the same author and loved the author's way in presenting his views and thoughts in a light and innovative way I decided to try this one too

Diana
Short and breezy. Lest you fear being brainwashed into accepting God, don't worry. Arden, the author, did not have the ability to condense the bible so effectively into this book of minimal words and drawings. However, he sure makes his faith known to all at the end of the book.
  • Living in Sin?: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality
  • Sunrise Over Disney
  • Being and Homelessness: Notes from an Underground Artist
  • Your Mythic Journey: Finding Meaning in Your Life Through Writing and Storytelling
  • Bullheaded Black Remembers Alexander: The Story of Alexander the Great's Invasion of the Middle East
  • White Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It
  • Watersheds of World History
  • Rise Up Singing: The Group Singing Songbook
  • Rediscovery of North America
  • Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Astonishing Relationship Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters: A Historical Investigation I
  • It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library)
  • Hard Time
  • The Woman's Bible: A Classic Feminist Perspective
  • Bad Cop: New York's Least Likely Police Officer Tells All
  • On Man and Nature
  • Waiting for SUPERMAN: A Participant Media Guide
  • Celtic Daily Prayer: Prayers and Readings From the Northumbria Community
  • Do Tampons Take Your Virginity?: A Catholic Girl's Memoir
Paul Arden (7 April 1940 – 2 April 2008) was an influential author of several books on advertising and motivation including "Whatever You Think, Think The Opposite" and "It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be" and a former creative director for Saatchi and Saatchi at the height of their advertising might.
In 1987 Arden was appointed executive creative director. He has spent 14 year
More about Paul Arden...
It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be Whatever You Think, Think the Opposite The Guerrilla Factory

“Religion is a light bulb, created by man to help him to see in the dark.” 5 likes