Start by marking “EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI” as Want to Read:
EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

Sem a moral das religiões estabelecidas, o autor embarca o leitor na polêmica em torno daquilo que está além da vida e nos sustenta diante da morte. Para isso, usa o poder de síntese e faz os religiosos, os espiritualistas e mesmo os que se consideram ateus refletirem. Mas sem as palavras, os sermões, as exigências ou promessas que os credos tradicionais apregoam. Paul Ard ...more
Paperback, 1, 128 pages
Published 2009 by INTRINSECA (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EXPLICANDO DEUS NUMA CORRIDA DE TAXI

Simona
Jan 01, 2016 Simona rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Un power-point pe hârtie, câteva fraze scurte, cărora le sunt atașate niște caricaturi mai mult sau mai puțin inspirate, pline de idei confuze despre (non)existența lui Dumnezeu.
Amestecă atît de multe enunțuri, dă valoare de adevăr atâtor afirmații contradictorii despre religie, încât senzația mea este că însuși autorul e indecis și că nu s-a hotărât dacă e, până la urmă, credincios, necredincios sau un new-ager politically correct, dornic să împace pe toată lumea printr-un mesaj incoerent, sup
Hestia Istiviani
Jul 11, 2015 Hestia Istiviani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baru pertama kali baca bukunya Paul Arden yang berjudul What You Think, Think the Opposite atas rekomendasi teman. Karena impresiku yang bagus akan buku itu, maka aku mencoba membaca bukunya yang lain. Alhasil dengan menggunakan akses perpustakaan milik Bos Besar, aku bisa membaca buku yang katanya mengulas tentang (si)apa itu Tuhan.

Gaya Bahasa, Kosa Kata, dan Penyampaian
Oh iya, aku membaca buku ini dalam edisi terjemahan karena yang ada di perpustakaan hanya edisi tersebut. Bagiku, terjemahanny
Abdyka Wirmon

ini bukan buku agama

ini buku tentang tuhan.

sekian terima kasih..

*meniru apa yang disampai oleh buku ini, singkat, padat dan sedikit ngambang :)
Ezgi Tülü
Fuarda işsizliğimden okudum.
Cahyo
Mar 02, 2008 Cahyo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bagaimana membandingkan ke-3 buku mewah Paul Arden? Bagusan buku yg pertama kemana2, terus dia kena "2nd book curse".. apalagi yg buku ke-3 ini, hadoohhhh...

Satu lagi point yg bikin (tambah) aneh; ono opo yo, ahli marketing jebolan saatchi kok ngomongin Tuhan, dibikin buku pula! Wheleh2.. mendingan baca Amstrong sekalian deh, lebih jelas dan lebih ilmiah pula.

No offense, tapi membaca buku nya yg ke-3 ini kok rasa2nya lebih seperti sekedar pemenuhan kehausan anggota komunitas global (baca: compli
Tony
Nov 06, 2014 Tony rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“Look, he said, pointing at the sunset. What do you think made that? Do you think it’s an accident? Do you think it’s a trick of the light? Do you think it’s a fluke?”
Uhm, Rayleigh’s scattering perhaps? I love it how the clueless author decides to end his masterpiece with this jaw-dropping bad piece of argument. Not that there were any arguments worth mentioning in the first place, which makes the claim he makes at the front cover, that his “book explains once and for all [the existence of God
Liebie
Jan 01, 2009 Liebie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone...
This book is somewhat really match with my understanding about God vs Religion:
1. God is exist. We can't see Him but we can feel Him. Jz like the WIND
2. Paul's illustration""God created the Sun, Men created a LightBulb"
Men r scared of darkness because in the dark they can't see, know, understand and predict anything surround .Men will try to
seek and follow any light they found near. Well, God indeed positioned Himself as "the Light of Life" but lot's of human can't
reach and understand His e
Luke
Dec 26, 2008 Luke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a gift. I'm not sure that it's the kind of thing that I'd pay for, but I am very glad that I read it.

It is, by turns, both enlightening and annoying; to say that Paul Arden has tickets on himself is possibly understating things. But nevertheless, his take on the whole God conundrum is pretty interesting. It's not particularly dogmatic, and it pays attention to the difference between being religious and being spiritual - though never in a way that encourages a lot of division.
Tania Kliphuis
This is the kind of book that you can pick up again and again. It's very well-designed, easy-to-read and a fantastic affirmation that faith is not tied to the church.

As a non-practising Catholic, this tiny book (it doesn't even take 10 minutes to read) spoke volumes to me. Just like Arden, I believe that people should try to be "good" in everything they think, say and do. The fact that I don't go to confession once a week doesn't have any bearing on my "goodness".

Buy it for yourself, or give it
Felly
Dec 26, 2009 Felly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Felly by: Abdyka Wirmon
OK this is my first Paul Arden's book.
Read in in Bahasa Indonesia and found it an interesting and fascinating books.
Simple but with deep issue. I love the way Arden's describing god or GOD. I also love pictorial books because picture can explain almost everything to anyone.
God issue have been an interesting issue for me and I believe that also for anyone who seeks truth for everything.

How we find our own GOD in our daily life.
How religion or belief shapes our life?
What is a belief or religion
Akbar
Aug 29, 2008 Akbar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
This overpriced book is like God For Dummy that literally wrote by a dummy. Paul Arden, is an author with inspiring words to read, but God knows he doesn't have the capacity to write a book about Him.

I love other Paul's work, but this one is totally mess. If you're Paul's fans, this book might become your collection. But if you're God's fans and seek books about Him to read, i suggest you read Karen Armstrong's.
Helen
Aug 26, 2010 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The thinking type ; )
I thought this book was really an original take on religion and belief. Arden yet again has some fantastic and insightful ideas. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, even thought it was a light book and took no time at all to read to the end. Its a good book to take on holiday because you’re guaranteed to finish it before you come back!
Natasha Borah Khan
Aug 02, 2014 Natasha Borah Khan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
I think this is an amazing book. All you need to enjoy this little book is an open mind and a sense of humour.. Full review at NatashazWords
Mon
Dec 10, 2009 Mon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
If you're wondering if you should buy the book:

1) It's pro-God

2) It does what its title says, you can read it in under 10 minutes in a book shop. But then, my advice isn't really for people who can afford a taxi ride to work.
Shruthi Warrier
Given the place I was at and the time I was reading this book, it was quite situational read for me. However, though a nicely put topic, it didn't influence me a bit. Strong faith, what say Paul Arden? ;) Nice illustrations to match up the witty text! Interesting read to go with a boring taxi ride.
Dan Gennoe
Aug 22, 2011 Dan Gennoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arden argues that the question is not so much, does God exist, but what is god? And it's a good question, one he ponders in his usual succinct manner.
Selma
Jul 30, 2015 Selma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed it.
Koen Crolla
Mar 17, 2010 Koen Crolla rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: idiots
Shelves: religion
One of the most shallow books on religion written since C.S. Lewis. Arden is a nasty mental midget incapable of even the slightest bit of critical thought.
Jimmy
Oct 20, 2008 Jimmy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ingin-punya
Aku berada di padang rumput yang sangat luas dan indah. Rumputnya yang hijau menghampar di sekelilingku. Pemandangan indah yang sudah sangat lama tidak aku jumpai lagi, terakhir ketika aku masih kecil dan tinggal di desa. Aku mulai mengayunkan langkah disegarkan oleh angin yang berhembus. Mataku memandang sekeliling berharap menemukan orang lain di sini, dan pandangan mataku terpaku pada sebatang pohon yang cukup rindang. Bukan pohon itu yang membuat aku terpaku, namun. sesosok tubuh yang sedang ...more
Jason
No surprises that this book was written by someone in the advertising field, since the book is all style and no substance. I could easily write a similarly trite piece of crap about advertising and PR that boils down to, "Lots of folks wonder why there are ads. I have not done any research or serious thinking about advertising, but I think ads are swell. Here's a cute picture to illustrate my love of ads. I guess ads are just there for some reason. Some folks like ads, some folks don't like ads, ...more
Katherine Marple
"God Explained in a Taxi Ride" by Paul Arden is one of his many motivational books published and meant to drive home the solution in as few words as possible. He takes one very heavy topic and explains it in the bluntest of terms.

"God Explained..." is no exception to this rule.

Think about it. Whether you believe in Christ, Allah, Buddha, the Sun God, yourself... this book will answer your questions. Because the long and the short of it is this: God exists in YOU.

Quotations:
"We need a soulmat
Bookaholic
Dacă eşti un bookaholic înrăit, probabil că nu ratezi nici un moment pentru a citi – de ce să pierzi două ore pe zi, dus-întors, în transportul în comun, aşteptând enervat să treci de stopul ăsta, apoi de următorul, şi tot aşa, când ai putea să mai citeşti vreo douăzeci de pagini dintr-o carte? Recunosc că eu aşa fac, sunt acel gen care citeşte chiar dacă am loc în autobuz sau nu, dacă am de ce bară să mă ţin sau nu (da, ştiu, poate că e cam enervant pentru alţii). Evident, nu citesc cărţi de fi ...more
Andi
May 14, 2010 Andi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: noone
Recommended to Andi by: Paul Arden's 2nd book
Simpel saja, aku tidak suka buku ini walaupun seperti buku pertama Paul Arden (Its Not How Good U're, Its How Good U Wanna Be), dia bisa pas masuk di tas pinggang. Buku ini buku ketiga Paul Arden kukira, yang kedua judulnya Whatever U Think, Think the Opposite. Yang kedua ini bukan best seller book, tapi justru lebih orisinil Paul Arden. Nah...buku ketiganya yang berjudul God Explained in A Taxi Ride ini sangat jelek menurutku. Paul mencoba berbicara sebagai pengamat semua sudut pandang agama-ag ...more
Mysterium
It takes a special book to discuss the debate about the existence of God in just over 100 pages. This is just that special book. Paul Arden does an amazing job at taking what can be a very complex and deep issue and making it easily relate for any reader. He uses humour and wit with some cool little graphics to keep the reader on his or her toes when thinking about the ultimate question...Is there a God?

Arden does a fantastic job at keeping the mood light enough to not be threatening, but addres
Panata Harianja
Mar 10, 2008 Panata Harianja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Orang-orang yang sedang menganiaya Ahmadiah
Shelves: self-development
Kalau ada yang bilang buku ini lebih jelek dari 2 bukunya Arden yang lain saya harus setuju. Karena memang buku ini jelek untuk karya dari orang sekaliber Arden.

Yang saya rasa jadi masalah adalah, setelah selesai baca.... Arden is not really explained about what is or who is God. Mungkin topik buku ini terlalu luas. Sehingga ketika mau dijelaskan mau dengan cara senyeleneh apapun terasa kurang seru. Apalagi kalau paia konsep gaya bukunya Arden selama ini. Dibanding buku ini, buku-buku zen atau
Patrick Gendron
Feb 19, 2016 Patrick Gendron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am always amazed at Pauls skill of taking a large concept, dwindling it down to just a short snippet of type, and impacting the reader deeply. Something that comes so naturally to him and served him well as his time in advertising. Some of the images paired with his words I found hilarious. Some of them I didn't like. Some of them I found deeply intriguing. The latter caused deep thought. You can read this extremely quickly, and even if you may not agree with the path of thought on many of the ...more
Sean Goh
Apr 29, 2014 Sean Goh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are no answers. We will never find them. And that's a good thing, because the unknown makes life so rich. (Live the mystery)

You can only have faith in what you don't know, and can't prove.

The eskimo to the missionary:
"Would I go to hell if I didn't know anything about it?"
"No."
"Why did you tell me about hell then?"

We fight our neighbours because we don't understand them, not because we disagree with them.

God is our name for the force behind creation.
Alin Kadun
Dec 09, 2015 Alin Kadun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its contemplating. I mean at least once on our lifetime we had this 1 belief about 1 specific religion. And as we grew fond of it, this book offered a simple yet contradicting writing about God. Its interesting, we all try to be good, religious and stuff, but still we're mere human. And try to understand God is like trying to understand infinity.
Ivy Samuel
Jul 07, 2016 Ivy Samuel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mildly disappointing. I'm not sure I'd go anywhere near a book that has Arden's name on it. Judging by this book he seems to be an empty drum. Loud and hollow. Just not my type is all I'm saying. I've given the book such a high rating because it was entertaining in the manner of a sitcom, the paper was nice, the pictures were alright and it was all very stylish.
Alan Fricker
Dec 14, 2012 Alan Fricker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Paul Arden is an ex advertising man and it shows. I previously bought one of his books on creative thinking (must add that actually) so was curious to his take on this.

It is a very quick read (as advertised) and explains a number of points clearly. Some will find it more than a little patronising.

Worth a borrow from the library
  • Living in Sin?: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality
  • Neopagan Rites: A Guide to Creating Public Rituals That Work
  • Sunrise Over Disney
  • Being and Homelessness: Notes from an Underground Artist
  • Your Mythic Journey: Finding Meaning in Your Life Through Writing and Storytelling
  • Bullheaded Black Remembers Alexander: The Story of Alexander the Great's Invasion of the Middle East
  • When the Trees Say Nothing: Writings on Nature
  • Rediscovery of North America
  • Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Astonishing Relationship Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters: A Historical Investigation Into the Mythology and Literature of Jesus Christ and the Religious Symbolism in Rowling's Magical Series.
  • Rise Up Singing: The Group Singing Songbook
  • White Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It
  • Bad Cop: New York's Least Likely Police Officer Tells All
  • Watersheds of World History
  • It's Perfectly Normal: A Book about Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health
  • On Man and Nature
  • Waiting for SUPERMAN: A Participant Media Guide
  • Do Tampons Take Your Virginity?: A Catholic Girl's Memoir
  • The Character
Paul Arden (7 April 1940 – 2 April 2008) was an influential author of several books on advertising and motivation including "Whatever You Think, Think The Opposite" and "It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be" and a former creative director for Saatchi and Saatchi at the height of their advertising might.
In 1987 Arden was appointed executive creative director. He has spent 14 year
More about Paul Arden...

“Religion is a light bulb, created by man to help him to see in the dark.” 11 likes