Wrath and Righteousness

Wrath and Righteousness (Wrath & Righteousness #1)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  38 reviews
THE WORLD IS ON THE BRINK.
You must decide. Join us and we can show you a way to be king. Join us and we save you. But understand this: You will be joining a battle that goes far beyond what you see. You will be joining a battle that goes far beyond the simple struggle for power inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We have a much larger battle, a much greater war, a much lon...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Mercury Ink (first published 2012)

Lisa
This e-book is one in ten "episodes". A new episode will be released about every month over the course of the next year.

I really am enjoying the book! I am bummed out that I have to wait so long (about a month) to read the 2nd episode. I really like the attachments that I have to some of the characters. I love how the author writes about Satan and his followers. Really creepy. I've never read a book that delves into that.
Sandy
This volume includes Episodes 1-5

The forces of Darkness, actively seeking to destroy all that is good, have focused their efforts on Saudi Prince Abdullah al-Rahman, second in line to the Royal House of Saud. By tempting the Prince with the Saudi throne, and power beyond his wildest imagination, Lucifer and his servants hope to unleash Armageddon and bring down the United States.

Meanwhile, a select group of individuals—blessed by Providence and given a special mission—have set out to challenge L...more
Damian
I read about this book in an email from Glenn Beck. The last Glenn Beck sponsored novel I had read was Michael Vey, and so I thought it might be an interesting, but light read. So far, I would say it has delivered on this. This book sets the stage (presumably) for the next 9 books that are to come out.

The book has good and evil (both in the real and spiritual worlds). At first it seemed a bit contrived, but now I'm starting to like the approach, and think it could be interesting that there are s...more
Eric
Good start to what I hope will be a great series. A lot of character development in this first book, but that is to be expected. Story has a nice flow and very easy to follow. Just as it was starting to get moving along it was over. So, I'm looking forward to the next and hope the pace picks up where this one left off.
Donna Kay
Definitely thought provoking!!!!!!! Strong characters, some of which I got attached to immediately. Absolutely worth the time. However, I'm not a real patient person & I don't like having to wait so long for the 2nd episode to come out. But we all have our challenges.
Wendy Burke
Gosh darn it...first Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series, then James Rollins' SIGMA series, along with James Patterson's Michael Bennett series---now Chris Stewart's on-going saga.

You're killin' me MERCURY INK! (But, I love ya!)
Adam
Aug 10, 2012 Adam added it
If your a fan of Frank Peretti, you will love this book. It was a easy book to get into right away. Its set in modern times and when you read it you would think all the events are occurring currently.
Vicki
Jun 22, 2012 Vicki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vicki by: Glenn Beck
Shelves: fiction
Glad Mercury Ink came out with this in e-book form. Hopefully, they will eventually have it in print form in the future. If you like suspense, the first book has plenty.
Anne
Jun 24, 2012 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anne by: Glenn Beck
First in a series about the End Times. If the rest is as good, I will continue to read the series. My only complaint-too short.
Heather
Good book. Not what I normally read but anxious to see how everything comes together on the next segment.
Kevin H

This book is more of a prelude to the second book. The second book gets deeper into the story.
Nicole
This series should be on a top seller list! I can't wait for the latest installment each month!
Terry
LOVED it- couldn't put it down & can't wait to hear the next one!!!
Tina
Fabulous and timely story. Cannot wait for the next in the series!
Wes Gade
Good start to the series. Can't wait to read book 2.
John
Couldn't put it down
Autumn
An interesting tale. It is scary to think there are people out there who believe it is real rather than fiction or even a fictionalized account of reality, but to each his own. I am a bit pissed off about the format because I would like to read the rest of the series, but I am sure as hell not going to pay for nine more of these things.

The first one was... I think it was $3 and the next nine are supposed to be around $5... just no. I am not going to pay around $48 for a work of fiction. I would...more
Andrea
Mar 17, 2014 Andrea marked it as to-read
my understanding is that this is the great and terrible series re-written for a broader (non-LDS) audience. trying to device if I should read it...
Myrna
The first of a collection of stories about the state of the world today and the fight against evil worldwide. Fascinating and scary because it paralels the current battle that we are now faced with. If you believe that this United States of American has a spiritual destiny as I do, you will enjoy this series. I only buy the ebooks, didn't even realize that It came in another format. But I wait excitedly for the next installments. I am reading book 3 now and it promises to be as thought provoking...more
Sher
This is the first of ten episodes in the Wrath and Righteous series. I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would, although I know Chris Stewart is an excellent author (and now a congressman from Utah). I usually shy away from books in a series, but am looking forward to the rest of these books. it is easy reading and should be enjoyable for most people. Warning: it contains religious references. Wouldn't want someone to be offended when the word "God" is used, but not as a curse.
Teresa
This is an e-book series - there will be ten episodes. It does read like the '24' television series and is reminds me very much of the things that are going on in the world today - with a religious overtones. I was just getting into the characters and the story when the episode was over - can't wait for the next one to come out on June 19th.
Terri
The Great and Terrible series rewritten for a broader audience than LDS readers. I'll stay with the first because I already purchased them. However, it is worth the purchase if you don't have the previous set. His experience and knowledge about what's going on in the world shine through along with his spirituality.
Donna
This is a Christian thriller that revolves around today's political verses evil happenings. To anyone who liked the Left Behind series....it's a spin off, with more up-to-date political views. With the state of the world today, it sure gave new insight into the U.S. involvement with the Middle East.
Susan
Good thriller. Stories in the US and the Middle East intertwined with the role of evil in the form of demons working among us. It is pretty well done, but could have used one more once over from an editor on some story points. Left off with a cliffhanger, so I'm ready for the next installment.
Lisa
This book is excellent and amazingly timely! So timely, that it's almost scary. I couldn't put this book down. I would tell you my favorite part...but that would be a spoiler! I highly recommend it & cannot wait until the next "episode." This is torture, Glenn & Chris!!!
Weaver   "Andy"
I'm hooked. Easy flow to writing style. Characters were well developed. I was quickly absorbed in the story and couldn't put the book down. I must read the entire series. Christian readers will find the relationship between good and evil insightful and mesmerizing.
Becky
Aug 19, 2012 Becky rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Becky by: Glenn Beck
Do I really have to read the whole series to get into this tragedy? Sorry, I'm just not getting it yet. Too many story lines going in lots of different directions. They must come together sometime, but do I have to read seven books to get to it?
Barbara
First book in series. I was told it was along the line of Left Behind series. It was a good read but I found it hard to follow. Now reading 2nd book in the series and it is all starting to come together.
Meagan

Don't waste your time if you already read his "Great & Terrible" series. Loved it! This series is just a condensed version of the good ones. Lame.
  • The Eye of Moloch
  • The 13th Enumeration
  • Golden Dawn
  • Damascus Countdown (The Twelfth Imam, #3)
  • Winter Shadows
  • The Warrior
  • Brink of Chaos (The End Series #3)
  • Nephilim Genesis of Evil
  • The Age of Apollyon (The Age of Apollyon Trilogy, #1)
  • Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White
  • The Sword of Moses
  • The End is Now
  • Prophecy (Arkane, #2)
  • Heaven and Hell: a Novel: A Journey of Chris and Serena Davis (Tears of Heaven)
  • Rare Earth
  • The Fourth Awakening
  • The Glimpse
  • The Jericho Deception: A Novel
Chris Stewart is a bestselling author and world-record-setting Air Force pilot whose previous military techno-thrillers have been selected by the Book of the Month Club and published in six different countries. He is the author of the highly acclaimed series The Great and Terrible, as well as A Christmas Bell for Anya, which was performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir during their 2005 Christma...more
More about Chris Stewart...
Prologue: The Brothers (The Great and Terrible, #1) Where Angels Fall (The Great and Terrible, #2) The Second Sun (The Great and Terrible, #3) Fury & Light (The Great and Terrible, #4) From the End of Heaven (The Great and Terrible, #5)