Start by marking “Wrath and Righteousness” as Want to Read:
Wrath and Righteousness

Wrath and Righteousness (Wrath & Righteousness #1)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  261 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
THE WORLD IS ON THE BRINK.
You must decide. Join us and we can show you a way to be king. Join us and we save you. But understand this: You will be joining a battle that goes far beyond what you see. You will be joining a battle that goes far beyond the simple struggle for power inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We have a much larger battle, a much greater war, a much lon
Published May 8th 2012 by Mercury Ink (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wrath and Righteousness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath and Righteousness

Lisa
May 09, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This e-book is one in ten "episodes". A new episode will be released about every month over the course of the next year.

I really am enjoying the book! I am bummed out that I have to wait so long (about a month) to read the 2nd episode. I really like the attachments that I have to some of the characters. I love how the author writes about Satan and his followers. Really creepy. I've never read a book that delves into that.
Sandy
Jan 27, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-authors
This volume includes Episodes 1-5

The forces of Darkness, actively seeking to destroy all that is good, have focused their efforts on Saudi Prince Abdullah al-Rahman, second in line to the Royal House of Saud. By tempting the Prince with the Saudi throne, and power beyond his wildest imagination, Lucifer and his servants hope to unleash Armageddon and bring down the United States.

Meanwhile, a select group of individuals—blessed by Providence and given a special mission—have set out to challenge L
Damian
May 30, 2012 Damian rated it liked it
I read about this book in an email from Glenn Beck. The last Glenn Beck sponsored novel I had read was Michael Vey, and so I thought it might be an interesting, but light read. So far, I would say it has delivered on this. This book sets the stage (presumably) for the next 9 books that are to come out.

The book has good and evil (both in the real and spiritual worlds). At first it seemed a bit contrived, but now I'm starting to like the approach, and think it could be interesting that there are s
Eric
May 13, 2012 Eric rated it really liked it
Good start to what I hope will be a great series. A lot of character development in this first book, but that is to be expected. Story has a nice flow and very easy to follow. Just as it was starting to get moving along it was over. So, I'm looking forward to the next and hope the pace picks up where this one left off.
Donna Kay
May 17, 2012 Donna Kay rated it really liked it
Definitely thought provoking!!!!!!! Strong characters, some of which I got attached to immediately. Absolutely worth the time. However, I'm not a real patient person & I don't like having to wait so long for the 2nd episode to come out. But we all have our challenges.
Wendy Burke
Jul 21, 2012 Wendy Burke rated it it was amazing
Gosh darn it...first Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series, then James Rollins' SIGMA series, along with James Patterson's Michael Bennett series---now Chris Stewart's on-going saga.

You're killin' me MERCURY INK! (But, I love ya!)
Adam
Aug 10, 2012 Adam added it
If your a fan of Frank Peretti, you will love this book. It was a easy book to get into right away. Its set in modern times and when you read it you would think all the events are occurring currently.
Vicki
Jun 22, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: Glenn Beck
Shelves: fiction
Glad Mercury Ink came out with this in e-book form. Hopefully, they will eventually have it in print form in the future. If you like suspense, the first book has plenty.
Anne
Jun 24, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Glenn Beck
First in a series about the End Times. If the rest is as good, I will continue to read the series. My only complaint-too short.
Heather
Good book. Not what I normally read but anxious to see how everything comes together on the next segment.
Kevin H
Jul 05, 2012 Kevin H rated it liked it

This book is more of a prelude to the second book. The second book gets deeper into the story.
Nicole
Sep 11, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-reads
This series should be on a top seller list! I can't wait for the latest installment each month!
Terry
Aug 16, 2012 Terry rated it really liked it
LOVED it- couldn't put it down & can't wait to hear the next one!!!
Tina
May 24, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eye-opener
Fabulous and timely story. Cannot wait for the next in the series!
Wes Gade
Jul 02, 2012 Wes Gade rated it really liked it
Good start to the series. Can't wait to read book 2.
John
Jul 20, 2012 John rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down
Rob Norr
Aug 04, 2012 Rob Norr rated it it was amazing

Autumn
Jun 09, 2012 Autumn rated it really liked it
An interesting tale. It is scary to think there are people out there who believe it is real rather than fiction or even a fictionalized account of reality, but to each his own. I am a bit pissed off about the format because I would like to read the rest of the series, but I am sure as hell not going to pay for nine more of these things.

The first one was... I think it was $3 and the next nine are supposed to be around $5... just no. I am not going to pay around $48 for a work of fiction. I would
Bettina
Sep 11, 2014 Bettina rated it it was amazing
I read all 9 books and could not put them down. They took me to a place that was other worldly, but could be this world in the future. Good and frightening! Loved it!
Mary Beth
Jun 19, 2015 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing
I've read all 10 books. Each is a fairly short read but I was always eager to read the next on!! It felt so close to today's possibilities.
Andrea
Mar 17, 2014 Andrea marked it as to-read
my understanding is that this is the great and terrible series re-written for a broader (non-LDS) audience. trying to device if I should read it...
Trudy
Sep 13, 2014 Trudy rated it liked it
I'm not so much into extreme Islamics and their wars. The generals family is interesting to follow.
Myrna
Aug 16, 2012 Myrna rated it really liked it
The first of a collection of stories about the state of the world today and the fight against evil worldwide. Fascinating and scary because it paralels the current battle that we are now faced with. If you believe that this United States of American has a spiritual destiny as I do, you will enjoy this series. I only buy the ebooks, didn't even realize that It came in another format. But I wait excitedly for the next installments. I am reading book 3 now and it promises to be as thought provoking ...more
Marlene
Feb 18, 2016 Marlene rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
This book was okay but I can't wrap my mind around another 11 or so. Good bye.
Sher
Apr 29, 2014 Sher rated it really liked it
This is the first of ten episodes in the Wrath and Righteous series. I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would, although I know Chris Stewart is an excellent author (and now a congressman from Utah). I usually shy away from books in a series, but am looking forward to the rest of these books. it is easy reading and should be enjoyable for most people. Warning: it contains religious references. Wouldn't want someone to be offended when the word "God" is used, but not as a curse.
Danielle Wedgeworth
Aug 06, 2014 Danielle Wedgeworth rated it really liked it
What I liked about this series of books is that it took current day America through an terrorist act and out through the other side. So often dystopian novels drop the story before throwing readers a bone.(Some sort of conclusion to the disaster that has been set up.)

I thought it was pretty realistic and I enjoyed the personification of good and evil in the lives of the characters.
Teresa
May 16, 2012 Teresa rated it really liked it
This is an e-book series - there will be ten episodes. It does read like the '24' television series and is reminds me very much of the things that are going on in the world today - with a religious overtones. I was just getting into the characters and the story when the episode was over - can't wait for the next one to come out on June 19th.
Terri
Jun 09, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing
The Great and Terrible series rewritten for a broader audience than LDS readers. I'll stay with the first because I already purchased them. However, it is worth the purchase if you don't have the previous set. His experience and knowledge about what's going on in the world shine through along with his spirituality.
Donna
Dec 20, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it
This is a Christian thriller that revolves around today's political verses evil happenings. To anyone who liked the Left Behind series....it's a spin off, with more up-to-date political views. With the state of the world today, it sure gave new insight into the U.S. involvement with the Middle East.
Susan
Jul 03, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Good thriller. Stories in the US and the Middle East intertwined with the role of evil in the form of demons working among us. It is pretty well done, but could have used one more once over from an editor on some story points. Left off with a cliffhanger, so I'm ready for the next installment.
  • Cowards: What Politicians, Radicals, and the Media Refuse to Say
  • The 13th Enumeration
  • Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White
  • Philip Dru: Administrator
  • There's a Hamster in the Dashboard: A Life in Pets
  • The Lost Prophet (Ramsey #2)
  • The Planner
  • Absent Enemies (Star Trek: Titan)
  • Which None Can Shut
  • Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, The Traveler's Gift
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
Chris Stewart is a bestselling author and world-record-setting Air Force pilot whose previous military techno-thrillers have been selected by the Book of the Month Club and published in six different countries. He is the author of the highly acclaimed series The Great and Terrible, as well as A Christmas Bell for Anya, which was performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir during their 2005 Christma ...more
More about Chris Stewart...

Wrath & Righteousness (10 books)
  • Darkness of This World (Wrath & Righteousness, #2)
  • Son of the Morning (Wrath & Righteousness, #3)
  • Breathless (Wrath & Righteousness, #4)
  • The Master's Cry (Wrath & Righteousness, #5)
  • Smoke and Dust (Wrath & Righteousness, #6)
  • Wolves in the Night (Wrath & Righteousness, #7)
  • Evil in the Darkness (Wrath & Righteousness, #8)
  • Spiders from the Shadows (Wrath & Righteousness, #9)
  • Sunrise (Wrath & Righteousness, #10)