Start by marking “Play Dead (Barking Orders, #1)” as Want to Read:
Play Dead (Barking Orders, #1)

Play Dead (Barking Orders #1)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Arliss Hemming spent his whole childhood trying not to be noticed. A rare mutt raised in a community full of bulky, dark haired wolf shifters, he never fit in. His blond hair and slender frame made him a joke among the pack -- but away from home and on the college campus, he's found a place to belong. For the first time in his life, Arliss is free to express himself, but t ...more
Published October 13th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Play Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play Dead

Veronica /  V
Finally here, I pre-ordered this book on the 17th of May, I hope is worth the wait..

UPDATED

The other day I read about a Mc who was a wimp, now I read about Arliss who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I agree with another reader that he had his "Too stupid to live moments" actually, I'm surprise he is still alive.
I don't mind to read about character who has a disability, are ugly and they are not tall dark and handsome, however, Arliss as lovely, pretty and cute he was, he was really sill
Mandi
3.5 stars. I really enjoyed the story (though some important parts of the relationship were glossed over). Interested in a few of the minor characters (like Dave's CO and his powers), but a lot of open threads at the end. I know its just the first book, but I would've liked a little more closure.

Will definitely be getting the next book when it comes out.
Maya
Oct 11, 2012 Maya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: hearts
Play Dead by Mathilde Watson
Barking Orders, Book 1
3.5 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Even as a child, Arliss has always been different from the other shifters in his pack, a fact that his pack mates have never let him forget. He is blonde haired and slight in stature and all the wolves in the pack are large and dark haired. From the time he was ten he has loved to dress up in girls clothes and make up, add in the fact that he is gay and that he shifts into a yellow labrador and he
Kinny
Sadonna
Hmmmm. I'm guessing this is an author that has gotten caught in the Silver implosion as it appears that this is the first of an expected series, but this is the only book published. It's an interesting premise and twist on shifters, but we are left with a LOT of loose threads.

I really liked Arliss and would like to know more about him since he seems to be a bit of an anomaly. His grandfather tells him some about his heritage, but not enough to really help him when he is struggling. He is bullie
Andrea
I really liked this book and look forward to more in the series. It didn't end of a cliffhanger but sure left me wanting more.

Some parts were a little too mushy for me but that's me.
Heller
2.5

I'm not quite sure about this one. I enjoyed the characters of Arliss and Dave but the shifter dynamics and world-building didn't work for me. I kind of wish this hadn't been a paranormal story, I would have enjoyed the romance of an ex-military man falling for the younger drag queen in training without all the supernatural trappings. I'll pass on the second in the series.
Deanna
I feel this book is under rated. It was well written, and the characters were fleshed out for the length and type of book. Yes there are cliffhanger characters that will surely be resolved in future books (hopefully). There were a lot of characters for background that were more developed that most. I will definitely read future volumes.
Lily
A quite well written shifter story, which I liked enough to read in one sitting. It conveys a happily for now type of ending, but things could develop in future instalments.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Maya
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Alyssa
I loved this book. It was absolutely adorable. I would have liked more of an ending though.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 - 4 Hearts

Review to follow
Betryal
*** 3.5 ***
Ade
Ade marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Jennifer R
Jennifer R marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Noro
Noro marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
May 13, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Dana
Dana added it
Feb 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 10, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Avid
Avid marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Play Along (At Play, #1) You Don't Have To Ask Positive Reinforcement Three Little Words (Cabin for Two Series, Book 3) The Usual Conventions (Unconventional Romances, #1)