Start by marking “An Honorable Man” as Want to Read:
An Honorable Man

An Honorable Man

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Paxton, a forensics scientist whose wife has deserted him and their twin sons, becomes embroiled in trying to catch a serial killer when the boys discover a human finger-bone while rock-hunting. As more bodies turn up, and his housekeeper takes temporary leave, Paxton turns to Jordon, the boys' grade school teacher, to watch them after school. There is only one problem, Pa ...more
Published June 16th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about An Honorable Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Honorable Man

Ryoma Gartre
This story was solidly created and emotionally pulling too. Paxton and his twins, Den and Dan, were interesting characters. They made this story richer. Jordon or Jordy was a solid, smart man, I liked him. His newly re-developed relationship with Paxton was emotionally real. I liked this story. The whole mysterious part with a serial killer and how the case progressed in overall, was pulling from the start till the end.
Despite the premise sounding quite good, the story was nothing special. The mystery felt kind of forced. I got the feeling the author didn't know what to do with the wife so he (view spoiler) But that's my opinion, maybe other readers will like An Honorable Man. For me it was an okay read, thus 2.5 stars.
Becky Condit
3 1/2 Stars

AN HONORABLE MAN by Edward Kendrick is an interesting book. The MCs are gay but there is no gay sex on the pages. There is conflict with family and other people over the fact that they are gay, and fears of losing their jobs if they come out of the closet, but that’s pretty much the extent of the gay story.
This book is a murder mystery riding on top of the story of Paxton and Jordan reigniting a relationship that was destroyed over a decade ago by Paxton’s father’s demands that he mar
Veronica /  V
Ok, let me tell you the best about this book is the cover.
I'm afraid I have great expectations about this story, because I like this author, and I find some of his books amazing.
It didn't bother me that it didn't have sex scenes(I love M/M sex scenes), also it didn't bother me that the found the serial killer so soon, to easy.
Maybe if it was a little bit longer, it would have been better.
This is more a suspense with a little bit of romance, to short to reach the full potential, although still
The writing is clunky and shallow, Paxton is a dick, and the kids are ostensibly twelve but act more like seven or eight, which weirds me out. Also, it was actually kind of creepy that they went back to joking about finding bones in their rock-hunting expedition ten days after (view spoiler) Ten days! You'd think they'd be a little bit more shaken by the whole thing, but I guess not.

Like other reviewers, I
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

When Paxton was given an ultimatum by his father, many years ago, he caved in and did what his father wanted. But, he had to give up Jordan. Now, years later, Jordan is back in his life as a friend and Paxton won’t let it go any further, because he still hopes that his wife will come back, even if it is for the sake of the children.

This is quite a good second chance romance. But, if I am perfectly honest,
Mar 01, 2014 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: ezinwanyi
Hard one to rate because although I enjoyed the story as a whole (even if the ending felt a little abrupt and unfinished), the believability was pretty nonexistent by the end. I'm sorry but nowhere but Storyland can (view spoiler) ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Paxon is caught up in a murder mystery after his kids find a bone. He relies on his old friend and college lover to help with his kids but he doesn't act on any feelings because even though he's been separated for two years he doesn't want to do the wrong thing. As the mystery deepens you realize that Paxon has made some choices that aren't complete honest and things are coming home to roost.
This was a mystery with a little bit of romance thrown in. The book centered more on Pax's job and the mystery to solve more than the relationship between himself and Jordan. A good book, well written. I do wish that it had concentrated more on the relationship between Jordan and Pax more though.
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Alarik marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Gaby Franz
Gaby Franz marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Wara added it
Aug 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born and bred Cleveland, I earned a degree in technical theater, later switched to costuming, and headed to NYC. Finally seeing the futility of trying to become rich and famous in the Big Apple, I joined VISTA, ending up in Chicago for three years. Then it was on to Denver where I put down roots and worked as a costume designer until just recently.

I began writing five years ago after joining an o
More about Edward Kendrick...