Start by marking “Feeling the Heat” as Want to Read:
Feeling the Heat

Feeling the Heat (The Westmorelands #22)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  628 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Their long-ago affair had ended too abruptly. And Dr. Micah Westmoreland knows Kalina Daniels hasn't forgiving him. But now that they're working side by side, he can't ignore the heat that still burns between them. This time, there will be no question about his motive ... he plans to make her his.
192 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Harlequin Desire (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Feeling the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeling the Heat

Kim
Apr 11, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a complete dud. Kalina and Micah had an affair 2yrs ago, and all they talked about for more than half of this book was that affair, and most of the talking was done to themselves in their own heads. It really was quite boring. The term "2 yrs ago" was said so many times during this book it just became too much. Yes the reader knows 10 pages in that something went down between these two in the past, but to keep talking about it for 100+ pages of the book is just a complete waste of ...more
Dee
I have followed BJ's Westmoreland series since the beginning and enjoy catching up with them everythime a new book comes out.

I did like this one but I really felt that from the middle onwards it was rushed and towards the end we seemed to be going a million miles an hour......I think that if this book had more pages then a better job would have been done!
Pearl
Apr 19, 2013 Pearl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson's romance novels, however, this one was so elementary and full of fluff. I'm glad that it was audible only 4hrs and I didn't have to spend too much time on it. I am really getting tried of the Westmoreland men "being the only one that ever made me feel this way" REALLY. Stop it.
Nikole
Jan 11, 2015 Nikole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackson never disappoints and this was no exception. Great story of loving without controlling and learning to trust.
Kesha
Mar 08, 2013 Kesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic heat.
☂ ℬrandi
You had me with a case of long lost love. Dr. Micah Westmoreland works as an epidemiologist for the Center for Disease Control. Two years ago he had an all too brief (2 months), but hot and steamy affair with Dr. Kalina Daniels in Australia. The affair abruptly ended with Kalina's controlling father told her that Micah participated in their affair by her father's urging, only to keep her in Australia and away from a more dangerous assignment. Rather than talk to Micah, Kalina assumed it was the ...more
Tqwana
Oct 08, 2012 Tqwana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this series a long time, and I'm no longer as in love with them as before. I think it might be the writer's style. I'm not a fan of the choppy sentences. Sometimes, her descriptions toe the line of purple prose. And there are problems with flow and organization - which are more editorial than writing style; just putting a certain sentence at the beginning of a paragraph instead of the end would make a huge difference in many cases here. But, this book almost got a 2, simply bec ...more
Lindsay
Aug 24, 2012 Lindsay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Amore
Jun 07, 2012 Amore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Jackson is back at it again, this time with the Denver Westmorelands. This clan seems to grow exponentially, each one sexier than the last. Feeling the Heat lets us into the world of Dr. Micah Westmoreland of the Center for Disease Control. He and his love interest, Dr. Kalina Daniels, had a brief hot and steamy affair two years ago while working on an epidemic is Australia. Kalina’s father, a military general, is obsessed with controlling his only daughter’s life after the death of his wife ...more
Tia
Mar 06, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a super short novel, in fact I'd call it a novella and I can't say I'm all too impressed with it. I'm pretty darn sure it's part of a series of Westmoreland books, however this book was cheapened by so many things. Such as, the emotional barriers that author placed on the characters, the general plot of it all was hardly any plot. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy simplistic plots but this one had like three mini plots along with one regular one. What I can say way amazing was the passion ...more
Vi Louise
Oct 01, 2015 Vi Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, aa-fiction, romance
AA romance is a relatively new genre for me. I'm embracing it with the help of Brenda Jackson and Beverly Jenkins. This is an episode of the Westmoreland family that is an easy read and helps to transition from any title that one feels they need a break.

I like Ms. Jackson's romance style - intimate situations are written classily (IMO) making it effortless for me to enjoy.

Ladysatel
Dr. Micah Westmoreland and Dr. Kalinda Daniels are both epidemologists with the CDC. Two years ago they had a brief affair in Sydney, Australia. Both agreed it was no strings attached.

After returning to Washington Kalinda overheard her father, General Neil Daniels indicating that the affair had been set up by him to keep her away from China during the epidemic there. Since then Kalinda has loathed Micah.

Micah is determined to win back Kalinda and prove to her that what she thought is wrong. Her
LaTonya
Feb 02, 2013 LaTonya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson and it was by far my least favorite of the Westmoreland series. I thought it was just okay.
Debbie
May 10, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on my Kindle, but there is no Kindle version list for it on GoodReads.
Jadah
Apr 06, 2014 Jadah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
either it was me or the book but this book felt different than a lot of her other books...probably because the characters already knew each other and had a previous affair so them getting married after like, five weeks wasn't as weird...I mean, the characters have know each other for two years and some change, so them getting married after five more weeks wasn't as...unheard of as getting married after a two week affair...this book was different for me though.
Elizabeth Williams
Having been a fan of this author like forever, she is beyond brilliant. This is the story about a misunderstanding that doesn't seem as though it'll ever get resolved because the heroine is hard-headed and stubborn. In spite of that, I enjoyed this book as I knew I would,Brenda Jackson knows exactly how to bring on the heat.
Edna C. Brooks
Jan 02, 2016 Edna C. Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Great book. I was so intrigued with the story line and characters in this book. Brenda Jackson has done it once again! I recommend this book, furthermore all her books as a much read. What a talented writer/author she is. Well done Brenda...well done. Christy Brooks- Virginia
Melinda
Dec 22, 2013 Melinda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
So this was a change from what I feel like is is typical for Ms. Jackson, but I did like. Dr. Kalina is a strong doctor with an overbearing and controlling father. A major misunderstanding in the past carries over into the future and Kalina's misguided sense of family loyalty leads to a hard row to hoe for Dr. Micah.

I really felt like Kalina should have let go of her hostility towards Micah sooner than she did. It seems obvious that her dad is a liar, but her real problem is not her dad and it'
Christie
Eh... the books have slightly fallen off with each new one but heck there are about 750 Westmorelands that we know if so this could be understood. You can still always count on the book for a happy ending.
Journe Cooper
Apr 17, 2015 Journe Cooper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love It!

This book is awesome. I love the entire Westmoreland series. Brenda Jackson is a great writer ! ! ! ! !
Susan
Very good book. I liked the way that Micah admitted that he let his anger keep him from going after Kalina two years before. And that he was determined to prove to her he had been telling her the truth. Kalina had held on to her anger and hurt until they ended up working together again. As Micah did his best to show her who he really was and that she could trust him, she realized that she hadn't stopped caring for him. I enjoyed seeing their trip to Denver, and watching her get to know the other ...more
Latashia Martin
Jun 02, 2016 Latashia Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and heated just like the rest of the Westmoreland series. Brenda Jackson never disappoints. On to the next...
Jane Drager
Jun 16, 2016 Jane Drager rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is well-written and engrossing. Definitely worth reading.
Patricia Andrew
A feel good second chance at romance with some hotness included.
another set of eyes
I have really enjoyed reading the Westmoreland series.
Marsha
Mar 26, 2016 Marsha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The was an entertaining afternoon read!
Tigger
Jul 04, 2015 Tigger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it for the third time!
Karen
Nov 04, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Two years of separation did nothing to squelch the sizzling passion that Drs. Micah Westmoreland and Kalina Daniels obviously had for one another. Even after mistrust and misunderstanding was thrown into the mix, true love reigned supreme between these two lovers. This was an awesome love story, I especially liked how Micah knew who/what he wanted and did not let anything deter him.
Valerie
Feb 26, 2013 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-only
Another Westmoreland Love Story. I wish these guys were real!! Okay back to the review. I did enjoy this story. Even though most of the Westmoreland stories are kind of the same, this one did give more of a background lesson on the Westmoreland history and why the guys of this family are so close. As for the romance between Micah and Kalina was HOT once it got going.
Deloris
Ok where was the heat I love this author this book was so boring I skipped over a lot and still did not miss anything, Its like she keeps writing the same book and just changes the name and locations. I will continue to buy her books and I hope she improves on the stories because she is a very talented author but you would not know from reading this book.
  • Working Man
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • The Sheikh's Destiny (Desert Nights #3)
  • My Only Desire
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
  • Caught in the Spotlight (Hollywood, #1)
  • Imagine Us
  • What Lies Beneath
  • The Lone Star Cinderella (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul, #5)
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover, #5)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • Secret Son, Convenient Wife (Billionaires and Babies, #15)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover, #2)
  • Playing For Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood, #3)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • With Just One Kiss
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)