Start by marking “Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw: How One Woman Finds Faith and Hope Through the Healing Love of Animals” as Want to Read:

Luanne and her husband share a dream of living a simple life in the beautiful Vermont countryside. They stumble through building their own log home, gathering sap to make real maple syrup, and filling their little farm with animals. But these middle-aged homesteaders soon discover that their piece of paradise isn't without challenges.

- The dog has separation anxiety.

- The
Published March 2012 by InspiringVoices

To ask other readers questions about Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw

Barbara
May 07, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
This book is about Peggy's mom, Luanne who loves all animals... dogs, cats, lambs, chickens, goats. You name it, Luanne loves them all! Each of them help her to overcome hardship and struggle while trying to live a simple life in rural Vermont... which turns out to not always be so simple. Luanne and her husband are building their dream log home and it turns to to be more work than they realized. But the animals help Luanne through and they always keep everything in perspective for her dream of ...more
Jackie Bouchard
Nov 01, 2012 Jackie Bouchard rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I read it slowly, savoring the author's lovely words and the delightful stories about the animals on the farm. If you're an animal lover, I think you'll love this book too. There are so many sweet, funny, quirky animal stories here: the fox that likes to join the pigs for dinner, the goose that falls in love with Luanne's husband, and the hens who school the rooster were some of my favorites. Frezon also does an excellent job weaving tension throughout this true story ...more
Caren Gittleman
Oct 29, 2012 Caren Gittleman rated it it was amazing
I am certain that you have had struggles in your own life that your love of animals helped to see you through. You will find yourself nodding your head, smiling and even shedding a tear as you relate Luanne’s tale of faith and the healing that SHE received from animals to your own life. You will love this story and appreciate how as Peggy states, “Luanne’s story shares how pets can love, comfort and teach us as we take our own journey through life.”

Luanne’s arduous journey will remind you, as I
Terry Sattler
Feb 26, 2013 Terry Sattler rated it really liked it
Such a sweet, tender story. I really liked and respected Luanne. Her story can teach us so much. She doesn't see herself as brave, but she is. She has spunk, pioneer spirit, and a lovely, nurturing way with all her critters.

Such great imagery -- like the baby raccoons perched in the hen house. Peggy Frezon spins the story in a way that really makes you feel like you are there in the moment with Luanne, her family, and all of those wonderful animals who share in their life.

Kate Baldwin
Mar 17, 2013 Kate Baldwin rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming (easy read) tale of a woman's journey from childhood to adulthood and her relationship with animals, not always being what she expects. From her very first stray dog to building her own little farm in the woods of Vermont, the book entertains with cute and touching anecdotes about her struggles with life, her dream of building this farm and how her relationships with animals give her the strength and a greater understanding to persevere.
Heather Briney
Heather Briney rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
evelyn
evelyn rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Kevin Reeder
Kevin Reeder rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
R.J. Kottke
Feb 25, 2014 R.J. Kottke rated it really liked it
A good book to read. It was fun hearing about all the different animals.
Kellye
Kellye rated it really liked it
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Eric Hefke
Eric Hefke rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Tyrell
Tyrell rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Chloe Bowers
Chloe Bowers rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Kolchak Puggle
Kolchak Puggle rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Brenda Lownsberry
Brenda Lownsberry rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Isabel Cyr
Isabel Cyr rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Dre McDermott
Jul 19, 2015 Dre McDermott rated it liked it
I didn't get all the feelings I was hoping from this book. Seemed rushed.
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2013
Elise walddon
Elise walddon rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Arwa
Arwa rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Madison N. Baumholser
Madison N. Baumholser rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Peggy Frezon
Oct 17, 2012 Peggy Frezon added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Loida Alvarez-thamm
Loida Alvarez-thamm marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Sharon Huether
Sharon Huether marked it as to-read
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Betty Karl
Betty Karl marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Teracia
Teracia marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Liz Cook
Liz Cook marked it as to-read
Lorena
Lorena marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
R.C. Mancia
R.C. Mancia marked it as to-read
Vennie
Vennie marked it as to-read
Rebecca Jackson
Rebecca Jackson marked it as to-read
Donna Brown
Donna Brown marked it as to-read
Mandie
Mandie marked it as to-read
Anne Gooch
Anne Gooch marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
  • Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness
  • A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life
  • Dog-Ma, the Zen of Slobber
  • Saving Izzy: The Abandoned Dog Who Stole My Heart
  • An Easy Guide to 40 Common Dog and Cat Health Issues
  • Follow My Lead: What Training My Dogs Taught Me about Life, Love, and Happiness
  • Oink: My Life with Mini-Pigs
  • Connected Souls A Dog Story
  • Daisy
  • Show Dog: The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebred
  • The Perfect Companion – Understanding, Training and Bonding with your Dog!
  • Becoming Shamus
  • Toby's Tails (Fantasy Farm Tales, #1)
  • My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure
  • Until One Has Loved an Animal: How Pets Affected One Vet's Soul
  • This is US: The New All-American Family
  • Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams Into New Beginnings
  • Dog Trots Globe - To Paris & Provence (A Sheltie Goes to France)
Peggy Frezon has always loved animals, especially dogs, and also the wildlife of the beautiful Vermont countryside where she grew up. Over the years, she’s shared her home with dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, turtles, and fish. She and her husband now rescue senior golden retrievers, and are currently in training (they are the ones needing the training. Their dog is smarter than that!) ...more
More about Peggy Frezon...