Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs

Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Trade paperback size collection of short stories by Kevin Siembieda and a host of known Palladium writers.
Each story shows what it's like to live in the shadowy no-man's-land of the Chi-Town 'Burbs. A collection of hopeful people waiting for admission into one of the fortified city havens of the Coalition States, and the people who prey upon them. The Chi-Town 'Burbs are t...more
1st Edition, 224 pages
Published August 2008 by Palladium Books

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs

Mark Hall
It's been some years since I read this, but I remember enjoying the stories, set in Palladium Books Rifts world, adding depth and consideration to the world. Sadly, though I'm listed as an author, my contribution got left out; you can still read it at my gaming blog, however.

Mind Over Matter
Paul
A delightful collection of short stories from a myriad of published, and previously unpublished authors, this, Palladium's second attempt to break into the world of dedicated prose, is quite the gem.

The stories range all over for content, from fun to frightful, and really do a great job of conveying both the hope, and hopelessness of life in the post-apocalyptic world of the Chi-Town Burbs. The quality of the book, both in editing, and the physical book itself, are far and away above those of th...more
Taddow
There is not much reading (other than game books) for the Rifts world and its great to see some setting inspired fiction. Overall the stories were enjoyable (there were some that were slower than others) and I think that it provided an accurate glimpse into a depressing world filled with hope. There were a few proof-reading errors that bothered me but I would still recommend this book as a good read to those who are Rifts fans.
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Michele Lee
Michele Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Josh Hilden
May 07, 2012 Josh Hilden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Ascribed to the wrong Mark Hall 1 1 Apr 06, 2014 07:57PM
Kevin Siembieda (born April 2, 1956) is an American artist, writer, designer, and publisher of role-playing games, as well as being the founder and president of Palladium Books.

Palladium Books, founded in southeast Michigan, claims to be the first to implement a role-playing system intended to work for all genres and to introduce the perfect-bound trade paperback format to the RPG industry.

Some of...more
More about Kevin Siembieda...
Rifts Rifts World Book 2: Atlantis Rifts World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms Invid Invasion (The Robotech Rpg Book Five) Rifts Sourcebook 1