Start by marking “Suffer little Children” as Want to Read:
Suffer little Children

Suffer little Children

story of a Bernardo boy in WW2
Published 2011 by Melrose Books

To ask other readers questions about Suffer little Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suffer little Children

Irene Scott
Mar 25, 2013 Irene Scott rated it it was amazing
In answer to a queston recently raised on Amazon "What is the best autobiography you have read?"
Would you believe it – an unknown author! The author of 'Suffer Little Children', Reginald Charles Longman writes about himself being orphaned at just 4 1/2 and raised in England during WW2 in Dr Barnardo’s homes. His detailed recollection of the hardships he and many young boys suffered by the masters and matrons brings tears, even anger to the reader, and yet instant laughter explodes at the innocen
Sam
Mar 05, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I actually enjoyed reading since I first began, especially how the family started out in the first chapters and how the author described his own view on the orphanage. Honestly, orphanages are sometime good because the orphanages do help these children to do work without any parent's guidance. So I read all through the book, it turned out great from the beginning to the end. I'd suggest people to read this wonderfully-made and realistic book to have an adventure in an orphan's eyes.
Catherinedavis
Jan 25, 2013 Catherinedavis rated it really liked it
Good read, particularly enjoyed his balanced view of what he learned in the orphanage system. Not everything was horrendous . This very accomplished man has valuable lessons to share with us. If I were to criticize anything, it would be his stylistic approach to writing, pedantic at times. I was acutely aware of the " writer's voice", if you get my meaning?
Gerald Childs
Gerald Childs rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Andreas Zapletal
Andreas Zapletal is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016