Start by marking “Stuart The Bug Eating Man” as Want to Read:
Stuart The Bug Eating Man

Stuart The Bug Eating Man

4.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  9 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Tiny Twisted Tales are a collection of short stories and poems from the rather strange mind of Calvin Innes.

Each Tiny Twisted Tale is about another weird, scary, wonderfully gruesome character, from people who eat bugs, to tiny toga-wearing goblins. Each book is packed with dozens of Calvin’s quirky illustrations.

Stuart The Bug Eating Man is about a man with an unusual
Published December 1st 2012 by My Little Big Town (first published April 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stuart The Bug Eating Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuart The Bug Eating Man

Cheryl M-M
Feb 16, 2013 Cheryl M-M rated it it was amazing
My 7 yr old thinks this book is hilarious. Whilst reading it he giggled and I said the equivalent of yuck, gross, disgusting, Ewwww and icky, especially when it came to Stuart drinking liquidized bugs.(*Shiver*)
It is the perfect book for children who love any kind of insect or bug and think things like boogers, slime and worm sandwiches are entertaining.
I count my son amongst those children, in fact he was highly interested in whether Stuart would be eating any really hairy spiders and if so did
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Mar 29, 2013 Erik This Kid Reviews Books rated it really liked it
Stuart liked eating bugs. The squirmier the better. Sadly, his family didn’t share his unusual taste. His wife wanted him to get a job but Stuart didn’t know what to do. He never went to school and he has no talent other than eating bugs. Stuart finally realizes that being himself and doing what he likes is the perfect answer (even if it is kind of gross).

I am not a fan of gross-out books, but somewhere in all the bug-eating in this book is a nice message about believing in yourself. There are i
Anne
Feb 21, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
Book number one of the Tiny Twisted Tales is Stuart The Bug Eating Man - a tale about Stuart who loves to eat bugs, any kind of bugs. He spends all day collecting the most awful and ugly insects and delights in chomping them down, accompanied by a glass of liquidized slug. Stuart's wife and children are horrified by his behaviour and just want him to get a job and be a normal husband and father. One day Stuart has a light-bulb moment and his idea allows him to carry on eating bugs, but also to p ...more
Becky
Feb 18, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This story is not for the squeamish so it's perfect for primary aged children! Listening to my daughter reading to my son had my stomach churning as Stuart chomps his way through a range of insects. Reading it myself and seeing the illustrations made it worse!

Much to the disgust of his wife Harriet the eponymous Stuart just can't resist eating bugs and drinking slug juice... Each little verse in the story is accompanied by an appropriate cartoon with plenty of creepy crawlies.

Stuart turns his un
Rachel
Dec 27, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
My daughter is five almost six years old and she loves to read. When she was given Stuart The bug Eating Man she sat on the sofa and quietly read the book to herself and all I could hear was little chuckles coming from her every now and then.
The book is a rhyming book about Stuart who loves to eat bugs, the wriggly the better. His wife wants him to get a job and he comes up with a great idea, a pest control man.
This was a really funny little tale and a very quick read, brilliant for kids.
Book-shelf Shelf
Dec 10, 2012 Book-shelf Shelf rated it really liked it
An hilarious book that will have most kids in fits of giggles as well as thinking Stuart should be on 'I'm A Celebrity'. The book also shows kids how to make use of their talent even if the rest of the world think its gross, not everyone is the same but some one will see your talent shine through. Kids we read this book with loved it, especially the boys.
Cathy
Feb 11, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
My son thought that is was really funny and the rhymes were really good.
Haven LeGros
Haven LeGros marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Sean Robinson
Sean Robinson rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
Saurabh Kumar
Saurabh Kumar marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Calvin
Jun 01, 2013 Calvin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)