Start by marking “Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)

Blood Moon (Moonstruck #1)

Army Major Hannah Jackson knows where the skeletons are hidden at the Pentagon and now she’s been tasked with keeping the secrets of Army Special Sci Ops Unit 69—the Wolves—and their secret is a doozy. That a civilian corporation wants to exploit the Wolves is a matter of pressing concern.

Sergeant Major Ian McIntire doesn’t trust Hannah as far as he can throw her—and that’
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 99 pages
Published May 5th 2012 by Silver James Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Moon

Erika
DNF at 32%. Was going "eh" for me, but then died completely when the heroine turned out to be a 30 year old virgin because she had never found the right man to interest her enough. Meanwhile, the hero had no trouble finding women to interest him in sex. He was a pretty major manwhore, mentioning mostly one-night-stands and then a handful of other women who lasted longer than that. These tropes are not for me! Bye bye book.
Zarah
May 13, 2016 Zarah rated it liked it
This novella started off so well...and then went to total shit. In the beginning we're introduced to sexy Alpha among Alphas, Mac and the sexy, capable, strong-willed Hannah. Everything was looking good. I was loving the narrative predominantly from Mac's POV and thrilled to be reading about a heroine who was competing on par and impressing all the type A, military men. You go girl!

Then about 25% through the book the sexual tension cranked up and Hannah's IQ dropped by about 50 points, as did he
Nikki
I stumbled upon this book by accident, and I'm glad I did! While its a quick read, only took a couple hours, it packed quite a punch. I can't wait for the next two to come out!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
We start with the two main characters en route to their meeting point with the rest of the group. Hannah has proven herself to be strong, capable and resilient. Mac is impressed, even though he doesn't want to be. These two butt heads frequently and I loved the repartee between them.

It is well written with the fast pace you would expect from a novella, however the ending is quite abrupt. Also, although I obviously know nothing about being pregnant with a werewolf, I did find it slightly amusing
feeb's of destruction
Jul 29, 2014 feeb's of destruction rated it it was amazing
Oh my God I freaking loved this book! *sneakers* It just kept surprising me, it was a unique story that I found fascinating. Definitely recommend this book to wolves and military lovers.
Liza
May 08, 2012 Liza rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Silver’s since I read her very first book Faeire Fire. I’m also lucky enough to be able to claim Silver as a friend, so I was super excited when she told me she had plans to self-pub her next series of books. I was given an early copy of Blood Moon to read, and bought a copy for my kindle as soon as it was available.

I was a fan of Hannah’s from the very beginning. I also really loved Mac and his friends. Mac is ready to get rid of Hannah from pretty much the moment she shows u
Kim Chappell
Jun 26, 2012 Kim Chappell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Robin Jenson
May 06, 2013 Robin Jenson rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, action
I really like this series. I think this one was free or 99 cents on Amazon when I started it. It combines two of my favorites, elite military + shifters! How can you go wrong? The length of this and the following books are perfect for my reading style. That is to say once I start a book I like I find it hard to stop reading until I finish. Which means I either end up ordering pizza for dinner, or stay up way to late reading! But this one is a novella ~80 pages and in fact all in the series are ...more
Laurie
Nov 26, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, steamy
Cross the military with werewolves and this book is what you get. The characters are unique and well written.

Major Hannah Jackson is from the Inspector General division and is temporarily attached to the Army Sci Ops Unit 69 to determine if this group is to be retained by the military or be handed over to civilians.

Sergeant Major Ian "Mac" McIntire is so not happy about this. She is in the way and slowing his team down. He is also an Alpha male werewolf in his team of werewolves. He is intensel
Kelli
Jul 06, 2013 Kelli rated it really liked it
This story was really short, more novella length than full novel length. It was a quick, enjoyable read. However, I wish the story had been a bit longer and the whole thing flushed out a little bit more. I wanted more interaction between characters and a little more insight into who Mac was. The story just was not long enough to really get to know anyone other than, somewhat, Hannah. Also, I would have liked at least one more chapter worth or story so I could see what happened after the mission ...more
Hollie
Sep 04, 2013 Hollie rated it it was amazing
Sizzling hot quick read

This made for the perfect afternoon read. It’s a fast paced 82 pages of some serious sexual tension. A touch of erotic in my sense (not lots of sex here, but plenty of lust) Story was exciting and held my interest. I wasn’t a fan of the ending, but I expect other books in this series to add more closure/details of Mac and Hannah's status.

I would ideally rate this a 4.5 star book, but I'm going to round it up to a 5 star review on Amazon since I got this as a freebie at the
Siobhan Muir
Dec 04, 2012 Siobhan Muir rated it really liked it
I really liked the beginning of this tale. The men were hot, alpha, and military, some of my favorite characters out there. The female MC was strong, capable, and determined. Yay! But what kept this from being a 5 star review was the head-hopping after the second chapter. And once the characters had sex, the female MC lost all her strength, capability, and determination. I wondered where the "take-no-shit" Major had gone. Fortunately, Ms. James is a strong enough storyteller to allow me to enjoy ...more
Amanda Dorrier
Oct 25, 2012 Amanda Dorrier rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Really enjoyed the characters! Loved how strong and sexy Mac, and Hannah were, loved their connection to each other! Even when none f it made sense and scared her she knew they were connected!

I only wished the book was longer! Would love to know more of their story. Did they hae a pup? Did they stay together forever and how has Hannah done with their world? I only hope the answer will come with the other books in the series! I am looking forward to reading them!

Great, fun read that k
Christine
Apr 16, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it
Good read with some biological errors that about drove me nuts.

People! It can take 2-3 days from release of sperm until fertilization of egg. From there it is another 9 days until fertilized egg implants in the uterus and you are "pregnant". She is not going to be be instantly preggers. She could be quickly fertilized but her hormones don't really start changing until that darn egg implants.

Having her exhibit a whole host of pregnancy symptoms hours after the dirty deed is distracting.

Brenda
May 20, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
I picked up Blood Moon after reading about it on a couple of book blogs. Silver James in a new author to me, and I'll be watching for her next release in this series. I loved the heroine especially, and her intaction with the hero, Ian. He's an uber alpha male and needs a good woman to show him what a mate should be, not what her percieves as her role. I felt like their story could have been a little longer, but I'm hoping we'll see more of them in the second book of the series.
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Hot
military
wolf shifters

I enjoyed this saucy, alpha oozing, short story. Had the makings for a great novel and I likely would have went with four stars had it not been for the ending. Nothing pisses me off more than for a book to end at like the 80 something percent but then add to the fact that it was just cut off like that, so abrupt, three is the best I can do. Unfortunately. I really wanted more but not sure I will continue with this series.
Meg Kinch
Jul 10, 2012 Meg Kinch rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series and I enjoyed the characters featured. However, I was rather disappointed with the rather abrupt ending. I did see a comment though about extended versions coming out this fall and wish I would have known that before I purchased all three books just tonight. Ah well, live and learn, right? Anyways, good work. Look forward to reading the others and the extended ones this fall.
Zoe
Feb 27, 2013 Zoe rated it really liked it
Far too short, but really very good. The strong Alpha to the spirited female made the story interesting and exciting, with strong sub characters adding diversity and variety. I loved the writing style, which I thought had attitude while maintaining a solid story all round. Like i say though, fat too short...I was left wanting that little bit more.
B.E.
May 16, 2012 B.E. rated it it was amazing
Excellent first book in this new series by Silver James. I love the world she's created from the old werewolf myth. And the characters are awesome. I cannot wait for the next installment of this trilogy (and here's hoping she goes way beyond just three books).
Patricia Wissore
Apr 06, 2015 Patricia Wissore rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book not sure if I was going to like it. After the first chapter, I was hooked! It's a shorter story than I'm used to and each book connects to the next so there's no "actual" cliff hanger.
Kimberlee
Oct 21, 2012 Kimberlee rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short read, it was a kindle free read from amazon. I found the story line intresting about wolves being used in the military for 200 hundred years. One paticular wolf, Sgt Major Ian McIntyre has met his match in Major Hannah Jackson.
Kristy
Jul 02, 2012 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A team of special ops werewolves and a human Major attempt to rescue a fellow wolf and end up getting more than they had bargained for...

For a novella this was a great book! If you're looking for a quick, action-packed read, then you may really enjoy this book.
M
I really loved the idea behind this book and the series. But I was sorely disappointed that there was hardly, and I mean they hardly had sex. So if you are looking for a really hot and steamy book. This aint it. BUT, it was the short novella intro. Im buying the sequel and giving it another go.
Jac Zifos
Feb 12, 2013 Jac Zifos rated it really liked it
Short story, but entertaining. I liked her unusual take on Werewolves, though I feel she had plenty of room to expand the story and could have provided additional back story. Overall an enjoyable, quick read.
Jennifer Lyon
Jun 28, 2012 Jennifer Lyon rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this e-novella. Book 1 in Silver Jame's Moonstruck Series about sizzling hot alpha werewolves struck by love is off to a great start!
Jessica Karou
Oct 20, 2012 Jessica Karou rated it really liked it
Short story, lots of sexual tension with a little sex. A very Alpha male with a strong human female. Not a bad read.
Angelic
Jul 08, 2012 Angelic rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-recommend
Short but sweet. Just wish it was a little longer and went into what happened when Mac & Hanna got home.
BDSM newbie
Oct 20, 2013 BDSM newbie rated it really liked it
This surprised me. I'm not usually a fan of wolves, I like my vamps, but saying that I got hooked by this book. The story was different and I needed that at the moment.
Dianne
Jan 02, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it
Although very short, and definitely sexual, there was tension and humor thrown in as an alpha wolf finds his human mate in the middle of a war.
Julianna
Actually really enjoyed it, even though it was too short. Looking forward to more from this author.
  • At One's Pleasure (Keeping Her, #2.5)
  • Enslaved in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #1)
  • Shifting Positions
  • Fire and Ice (Triple Trouble, #0.7)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)
  • Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2)
  • Laurie's Loves (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #1)
  • Task Force One: Dani's Got a Gun (The Men of Five-0, #4)
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
  • For Their Happiness (Moonbeam Pack)
  • The Secret Wolf (Full Moon Mercy, #1)
  • Panthers' Prey (Black Panthers #1)
  • Chained (Decorah Security #2)
  • In Like a Lion (Chimera Chronicles, #1)
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
Silver James likes walks on the wild side and coffee. Okay. She LOVES coffee. Warning: Her Muse, Iffy, runs with scissors. A cowgirl at heart, she’s also been an Army officer’s wife and mom, and has worked in the legal field, fire service, and law enforcement. Now retired from the real world, she lives in Oklahoma and spends her days writing with the assistance of her two Newfoundland dogs, the ...more
More about Silver James...

Moonstruck (10 books)
  • Bad Moon (Moonstruck, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Moonstruck, #3)
  • Wolf Moon (Moonstruck, #4)
  • Bride's Moon (Moonstruck, #5)
  • Rogue Moon (Moonstruck, #6)
  • Christmas Moon (Moonstruck, #7)
  • Blue Moon (Moonstruck, #8)
  • Moon Shot (Moonstruck, #9; Hard Target, #2)
  • Moonstruck: Secrets (Moonstruck Genesis #1)

“fucking thirty-year-old virgin.” 0 likes