Start by marking “Ervin's Dilemma (Wayne County Wolves #1)” as Want to Read:
Ervin's Dilemma (Wayne County Wolves #1)

Ervin's Dilemma (Wayne County Wolves #1)

First there were the Lost Shifters; now there are the Wayne County Wolves.

Ever since his old pack had given up their criminal ways and joined the Wayne County Wolves, Ervin's been depressed. Not only is his new pack completely goody two-shoes, it's also sadly lacking gay members. So Ervin has little hope of ever finding his mate. But just when he least expects it, he finds
Published May 15th 2012 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Ervin's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ervin's Dilemma

Phaney
Nov 27, 2014 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
This really does not bear scrutiny. Not only because of the whiplash-inducing speed at which love apparently happens, but incongruities in what supposedly happens.
For example Ervin only knew about Miles’ brother, and in the time since Miles’ woke up he mentioned his siblings and may even have mentioned his parents while getting dressed between perspective shifts, but obviously there has been no time for Ervin to discuss with his alpha to go looking for the parents.

The entire thing was more than
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
May 15, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I liked it but it felt like it was too short for me.
Mirka
May 08, 2012 Mirka added it
Shelves: mates, paranormal
I love Mrs. Hecht's shifter world. This one was a bit rushed, but still very sweet. Hoping for Braxton's story...with Nico, if possible :D
Sui Lynn
May 14, 2012 Sui Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
This is the first book in a new series for this author and although the ground work was done in her "Lost Shifter" series, there is a lot of potential as I've always wondered about Chris's pack and I hope to learn the differences between being part of the pack vs being part of the cat coalition.

The story between Ervin and his half wolf/half human mate Miles, although very similar to a lot of stories available on the market was pretty good. The characters, though stereotypical were well rounded
Beck
Before reading this book, I think you need to have read the previous series because there was a lot of assumed knowledge that the reader was familiar with certain aspects of the world (by the author) ... because I didn't have this prior knowledge, my enjoyment of the story was diminished. Aside from that, I found the story a bit too rushed & shallow for true enjoyment ... the insta-love was another turn off for me too. If you had read & loved the previous series, this book might appeal m ...more
Meggie
May 20, 2012 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: shape-shifters
This is a new series and for being a first book it should be longer and better developed. Definitely not as boring as this. What I read here was plain, undeveloped, and the main emotions of love were not real.
I'm disappointing! I guess even a writer can burn out.
Ashley Cox
May 16, 2012 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I felt it was too short, but I still enjoyed it. I finally feel that the author is starting to shift towards the quality of her earlier works (which works for me).
V
May 13, 2012 V rated it really liked it
Don't expect a long story, because this author will give you only a few pages of enjoyment.
I would love to read a sequel about Nico, and if he is Braxton's Mate, that would really made my day.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
First in this series was a good start, but as usual it felt a bit rushed and I hope they get a bit more in depth as the series continues.
Gabbi
I love Stephani Hecht’s books. They give me a sweet escape from my everyday life while I read them. They are definitely a guilty pleasure for me and I’m glad she’s starting a new series. Since the blurb does an outstanding job at describing the book, I won’t rehash it. Instead I’ll write about what I liked and disliked about this book.

I really enjoyed meeting the characters in this story. I thought both Miles and Ervin were interesting and likeable people and I enjoyed reading about them. I also
Teetee
Mar 20, 2014 Teetee rated it liked it
I have a special affinity for shifter series, they were my first introduction into reading MM stories. At the time, I didn’t know there was anything better out there to read, and I devoured several in a row, each book hooking me onto characters for the next several books. So reading them during tax time (where I work) seemed like a no brainer-something to read, but nothing too demanding of my attention. Problem is, reading these stories is a lot less satisfying than it used to be. I’m a lot more ...more
Jessie Potts
Jul 18, 2012 Jessie Potts rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-shifters
So this is the first series of Cassie and Chris' wolf pack. I was really happy that we would move towards the wolves (though the Feline Coalition will always be my favorite!). Unfortunately I wasn't blown away by Miles and Ervin's story.

The positives
I liked that we got more into rogue wolves and how dangerous they are normally considered
I liked that the characters didn't fall into bed in the first chapter
Due to above we really get a chance to get to know the two heroes
It's a Hecht book I love t
Emily
May 14, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
I think this is a creative solution to keeping the awesome world of the Lost Shifters going yet making sure that it doesn't get too complicated. The characters in this novel are connected to those in the Lost Shifters series yet they are also stand alone. You don't have to read the other series to understand this book, but I would highly recommend it in order to get the most out of this book. I can't wait to see what happens and I'm rooting for Nico and Braxton to get together (just saying, Nico ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

Within a short framework, a great story and quick read evolves. I enjoyed the snark between the characters in the story and how taking care of Miles and his family made Ervin finally appreciate what he has. Although there is plenty of explanation so that anyone could read this story alone, if you have read the Lost Shifters series first, many characters are mentioned or appear whose stories were told before, allowing a fuller picture of the wo
Donna
Jul 17, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
OK...short is good...I am short and the series goes faster when you know that you can read a story in a "short" amount of time!!!! I find myself going back to see where and when I was first introduced to the different MC's in the first series...then I go "ahhhhhhhh" when I figure it out! At times like this I wish I had a normal memory! Oh well....such is life! Looking forward to the rest of this series!!!
Heather♥
May 19, 2012 Heather♥ rated it really liked it
I too wish the story had been a little longer, but I enjoyed Ervin and Miles together and getting to know a few of the others in Chris and Cassie's pack of Wayne County Wolves. I hope we hear more about Nico and/or Braxton in the future.

As a side note, I enjoyed Mile's comments about his brother Dawson's fascination with the Finding Bigfoot show. My son and I are also fans and have been known to practice our own Bigfoot calls from time to time, much to the chagrin of our family :)

Candice
I've been wanting to read this series, but I kept holding off because I didn't want to walk into the middle of a series even though it's the first one. It's intertwined with The Lost Shifter series and I am glad I waited.

Ervin and Miles :) I liked these two. Especially Miles and his protectiveness over his family.
Brenda (b)
This is the first in a new series, Wayne County Wolves, by Stephani Hecht. It's set in the same world as The Lost Shifters series. I thought this was a good introduction to the Wayne County pack and that it provided a solid footing for future stories.
Theresa
Sep 12, 2015 Theresa rated it it was ok
Not much setup and world building for this being the first book of a new series. Not a stand alone book - need to read the Lost Shifters series.

Too short - no relationship development even for mated instant love. Plot/logic discrepancies too.
Rachel Emily
May 06, 2012 Rachel Emily rated it really liked it

So excited to see a new series that's a spin off from her Lost Shifters series, which I love. Great first book. I really liked how it was plot and character driven and the sex was at the end. Looking forward to more!
Alterian
Dec 09, 2013 Alterian rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
First thing I've read of this author. Feels like some prior knowledge to this world would have helped. The story felt rushed in my opinion and there isn't space given to develope the relationship in the main pairing.
Lamael Corsica
Jun 06, 2012 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters, novella
Cherie Noel
May 18, 2012 Cherie Noel marked it as to-read
OH, Hell Yeah! More shifters from Stephani Hecht? Let the *happy dancing* begin.
Shelley
Jan 04, 2013 Shelley rated it liked it
Paws
Jan 11, 2014 Paws rated it really liked it
Good setup for a new series. Main characters have fun chemistry.
jules0623
2.5 stars. Eh, it was okay. I was more interested in all the backstory than Ervin and Miles' story, tbh, so I'm going to hunt that down before I go any further.
Eva
I liked it but felt it could have been a bit longer.
Anna
Jun 19, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
I liked it just wished it was longer..
  • Saved by the Hawk (Birds of Prey, #1)
  • Poppy's Pleasure (Assassin’s Pride #2)
  • Catching A Bit Of Irish (Wolves of Stone Ridge #13)
  • Sage's Mystery (Shifters of Mystery #1)
  • Wesley (Leopard's Spots #8)
  • Called to Mate (Pack Mates #1)
  • Stone Heart
  • Splintered Lies (In the Shadow of the Wolf, #3)
  • Salad on the Side (Real Werewolves Don't Eat Meat, #1)
  • Apocalypse (Wolfman #1)
  • Vampire For Hire (Monsters InK, #2)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

Wayne County Wolves (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Run, Alger, Run (Wayne County Wolves #2)
  • Braxton's Salvation (Wayne County Wolves #3)
  • Justice's Little Nibbler (Wayne County Wolves #4)
  • The Angry Dove and the Assassin (Wayne County Wolves #5)
  • The Leopard who Changed his Spots (Wayne County Wolves #6)
  • The Omega and the Assassin (Wayne County Wolves #7)
  • In Plain Sight (Wayne County Wolves #8)
  • Wayne County Holidays (Wayne County Wolves #9)
  • Might's Karma (Wayne County Wolves #10)
  • Touching Tate (Wayne County Wolves #11)