Start by marking “The Weight of Memory” as Want to Read:
The Weight of Memory

The Weight of Memory

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In The Weight of Memory, memory is the common thread running through the storylines

of Chandler, Sarah, and Leigh (characters from

A Secret Word). All three girls are from the

same hometown, witnessed the death of a boy

they all loved in high school, have complicated

relationships with their fathers, and ride out

Hurricane Katrina together in Destin, Florida.

The character of Wal
Published May 4th 2012 by acAdam/Cage Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Weight of Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weight of Memory

Jane
I won this book on goodreads.com. I was pleasantly surprised by the book. I enjoyed the story and the characters. The theme, memory, that starts in the book title weaves throughout the lives of the characters. Once I started reading this book, I didn't want to put it down. I will definitely be checking out Jennifer Paddock's other books.
Zoe Smith
Reading this book made me feel as though I had spent the weekend with my closest childhood friends. The perfect follow up to Paddock's first novel, A Secret Word.
Linda Bouley
This was a story from the shifting perspective of three southern women in their 30s who have been friends since high school. They are each in crisis or transition and have gravitated back to each other serendipitously at this time in their lives. Sarah is the daughter of a famous heart surgeon who has married multiple times giving her several half & step siblings.. Her father is inattentive and she is separated from her husband, Ryan, who seems to be having an early mid-life crises. Leigh is ...more
Kelly Gomez
This book was different that I expected. I liked how each chapter focused on a different character and how they were all connected in some way. I am not sure that I thought the memory component really came into play a lot. It was evident in one character and then awkwardly placed in some other characters stories.

I also expected more about Trey and his death because it was so often mentioned. It left me wanting a little more.

Overall, I did like the book when I separated it from the title. I breez
Ann Cannon
Wonderful and seamless follow up to Jennifer's first 2 novels. You feel like there was no time between. Great development of characters!
Felicia
It was a good fast read-- interesting characters. I won this book from GoodReads First Reads.
Emma Domino
Emma Domino marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Bethany Miller
Bethany Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
KH
KH added it
Sep 27, 2014
Carrie Straka
Carrie Straka marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Mary Jo
Mary Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Jan Hatcher
Jan Hatcher marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Pury
Pury marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Jennifer Amos
Jennifer Amos is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2013
Yna Canda
Yna Canda marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Anita Haufler
Anita Haufler marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jennifer Paddock is the author of the novels A Secret Word, Point Clear, and The Weight of Memory. She received an M.A. in creative writing from New York University, and her short fiction and nonfiction have appeared in Stories from the Blue Moon Café, The North American Review, Other Voices, Garden and Gun, Mr. Beller’s Neighborhood, and The New York Times. She is also a tennis pro at The Grand H ...more
More about Jennifer Paddock...
A Secret Word: A Novel Point Clear: A Novel A Secret Word: A Novel A Secret Word: A Novel Secret Word