Start by marking “Crepuscule Monstrum” as Want to Read:
Crepuscule Monstrum

Crepuscule Monstrum (Crepuscule Monstrum #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The nightmare from an old painting, Crepuscule Monstrum, requires sacrifice. Merrick has been chosen. For what, he knows not, but he's terrified until the monster--laughs.

Is he Merrick or Michael? Is Jake really Jake, or is he Crepuscule Monstrum? And is it really so awful to touch this "horrible creature"?

Contains Crepuscule Monstrum Part 1 and Crepuscule Monstrum Part 2.
Published April 2012 by Rocky Ridge Press (first published October 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crepuscule Monstrum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crepuscule Monstrum

Matthew
Dec 31, 2012 Matthew rated it really liked it
Fun little story. The imagery was fantastic and I thought it was a really fun idea, a couple attempting to recreate the scene from the painting on the cover of the book.

The first part is just setting the scene of the painting and then breaking it. Visually beautiful, but barely sexual, except for speculation about the future. The second part is just a short little sex scene, stemming from the first.

I thought the authors did a wonderful job of blending their styles and I really enjoyed this short
Becky Condit
Jun 07, 2012 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
I highly recommended this little story!

So, here’s the thing. I am calling this tiny short story a Recommended Book, although it barely qualifies as a book, and I can’t tell you one single thing about it beyond what is in the blurb without risking multiple spoilers. Go to Ms Singer’s website and follow her instructions to obtain a free copy of this fantastic little story. But be warned: have a dictionary at hand, either in your eReader or otherwise. Ms Cummings and Ms Singer are wordsmiths with m
Cynthia
Sep 16, 2013 Cynthia rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
To read more of my reviews, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/

This a short story of fantasy and ambiguous identities with a classic trope. I enjoy reading it and it is cute. The story is predictable after the first realization into the characters lives, but that doesn't mean the rest of the book is not well written. It's sad that the story is so short, otherwise I'm sure the authors can expand on it and make it unique.

I love the epic fantasy quality of the story. The imagery in the
L-D
Oct 20, 2011 L-D rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This is such a short story that I can't even describe it because any description would be a spoiler. So to speak in very generic terms, this is about Jack and Michael and some sexy events on Halloween. What makes this story really enjoyable is that it's told from Michael's POV and Crepuscule Monstrom II, written by PD Singer, is the same story from Jack's POV. I thought that was very clever.
Eden Winters
Oct 05, 2011 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing
Carole Cummings has such a way with words, and an unique sense of fun. Go to Dreamspinner Press and find her author page. Click on the gargoyle and enjoy this little gem of a story. Once finished and still in the mood for more, check out the sequel, written by P.S. Singer. Both are free reads at Dreamspinner's site, so hurry on over and enjoy! I highly recommend both stories.
Pia Veleno
Beautifully written, with dark, scary imagery that put me right there with the MC, but it was all ruined by a temper tantrum. Break character, yes. Shatter the setting in a horror scene, sure. But that final reaction from the MC was very disappointing.

Regardless, I truly enjoyed the flow of this story until that point, and will be checking out more by this author.
Erica Pike
Jan 25, 2013 Erica Pike rated it it was amazing
Oooh, this was good! Well, actually, I've only read the first part, but couldn't find it on Goodreads to rate. I didn't think I was going to like this story at first when I began to read, but when it twisted into something I didn't expect it was excellent. And it was HOT! Still picturing it.
Lady*M
Very imaginative and, in the end, funny. The imagery of men's fantasy is vivid, scary and exciting - all rolled into one. I've read it before and, on the second reading, the story didn't lose a thing. Excellent.
Ayanna
Apr 12, 2013 Ayanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
It was interesting, kinda kooky. I rather liked it.
The two parts built off each other nicely, although

The blurb is awful. It's stupid and kitschy and completely unnecessary.
Greg
Dec 31, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
This is a brief but entertaining short story told from two different points of view - the sacrificial victim and the monster he is being sacrificed to. Or maybe not.
Christy Duke
Mar 28, 2013 Christy Duke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, m-m
This was a wonderful little short story. Very imaginative and fun. I really enjoyed the fact that you got to hear both POV's, each from a different author!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Oct 10, 2011 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, short
Funny, short! I can imagine poor Mickey's frustration with Jake!

This is the first part of a 2 part story! PD Singer wrote part 2!
Rachel
Oct 21, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
Very creative and funny read! I don't want to give anything away, but I really loved this one!
Lily
I liked the premise of this one but it was way too short to really enjoy.
melek
Dec 22, 2015 melek rated it really liked it
role playing they get their lines wrong then start over again
Kathleen
Oct 16, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, short
Krissy
Krissy added it
Aug 24, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2015
Ollie
Ollie rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Adriana
Adriana rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Ari Malik
Ari Malik marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Christine Kim
Christine Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Olivia Rembecki
Olivia Rembecki rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2013
Saskie-
Saskie- rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Crepuscule Monstrum (2 books)
  • Crepuscule Monstrum, Part II