Legally Yours (Lawyers in Love #1)

Legally Yours (Lawyers in Love #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  26 reviews
When Julie Streeter dropped out of law school to care for her little sister, one of the things she missed most was her crush-worthy classmate, Matt Ellis. Now, he's visiting the firm where she works as a paralegal and is just as sexy now as he was then.

Matt Ellis never expected to run into Julie again--certainly not at the law firm where he's been sent to investigate leaks...more
ebook
Published May 4th 2012 by Manda Collins

♡Karlyn P♡
This was ~80 pages of pure fun and sexy m/f hotness. Loved it.

(((Blow job lessons, anyone? LOL)))

Julie is about to turn 30 in two weeks so she decided to create a bucket-list of things to do before that big day. She spent the last six years raising her little sister and putting her own personal life on hold, but now that her sister is off to college all that is about to change.

Matt had a huge crush on Julie back in college, but before he could make his move Julie dropped out to raise her littl...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read my review at Demon Lover's Books and More

This hot little number is a fun read. While it’s marketed as an erotic romance, I would list it as more of a super sexy contemporary romance.

Julie had to drop out of law school to care for her younger sister, but now, nearing her 30th birthday, she’s feeling like she’s in a rut. Her sister is all grown up and attending college, Julie’s great job as a paralegal isn’t feeling so great, and she’s going to be *gasp* 30 in 2 weeks! It doesn’t help that he...more
Anne OK
Really cute and fun-to-read short story by Manda Collins. This one sizzled with very likable characters and lots of hot, steamy "lessons on love."
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Manda Collins is a new author for me but if LEGALLY YOURS is an example of her work I am now a committed fan! This is the cutest, sweetest, HOTTEST short romance I’ve read in a long time.In less than 70 pages I ran the gamut of reader emotions. I laughed at the amusing dialog. I had to turn on a fan when Matt decides to teach Julie how to give a BJ and discovers who the real teacher is in that little lesson. Toward the end I even teared up a bit, not because anything tragic happened but because...more
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥

You can find my review at Forever Book Lover.

What a sizzling hot novella from historical romance writer Manda Collins. Yikes, my kindle is still hot!!

Who knew that Manda had a "kinky" side.. Even though this is a quick read, Manda was able to write a wonderful love story with just enough spark. For those readers out there worried about it being too erotic, I would classify this more as a steamy contemporary romance.

This was boy meets girl in college has a crush, girl leaves school to take care o...more
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I really enjoyed this story, I just wish it were longer. Julie and Matt had some great sexytimes together and are hella hot together. I liked that even though this was a short story it felt complete. It didn't feel rushed or as if anything was missing. It had a nice progression that felt real and true to the characters.

Julie has spent the last six years raising her younger sister and in the process has put her own personal life on hold. When J...more
Pamela Mason
Lovely, light, and funny, Manda Collins' erotic romance novella gives some laugh at loud moments that will make you wake up your sleeping partner. This is a perfect read for a bus ride home or a boring waiting room. The premise is believable, the main characters are well developed, and the hero and heroine are people you'll probably recognize in your real life.
Sherylb
Great weekend read!
Guilty Pleasures
Rhys' review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Julie Streeter is in some serious trouble. She is about to do something that is only for her, and damn the consequences. Making a list of all the things that the only Julie would think nothing of is just what she needs to get back to feeling like the young law student that she is. When Matt Ellis, her law school crush and current client, finds the list and offers himself up as her test subject, Julie is both elated and scared at the idea of getting just wha...more
Amanda
I really enjoyed this sexy novella from Manda Collins. The story felt complete by the end and I was convinced Matt and Julie were right for each other (which is something not always achieved in just 80 pages). The humor was great, too, with quick little lawyerly jokes that made me smile and for 99cents on Smashwords I thought it was a great deal. :)
Pirouette
I'm not usually a fan of novellas, but I thought this one was just the right length for the characters to seem real and for them to have a life outside the relationship, which is my usual complaint about short stories.

A steamy, short read, where we get attached to the hero and heroine.
Mackenzie

I'd give a summary of the plot if there was a plot.
Good grief, I cannot believe that this crude, poorly-written piece of drivel was written by the same author that penned the delightful How to Dance with a Duke. Disappointing.
Searock
May 12, 2012 Searock marked it as to-read
$.99 short steamy read...
and a 5 star review from KarLyn?
Done. Bought it. On the kindle.
Tracy
80 Pages of Sexy. This is HOT little short story.
Alisa Hilde
Fun, sexy novella--loved it!
Mandi Schreiner
Julie Streeter had to drop out of law school to raise her younger sister after her parent’s death. Now five years later, she works as a paralegal since her sister is in college and is more independent. Her crush from law school, Matt Ellis is in town working for the opposing counsel on a case Julie’s firm has.

Julie is about to turn 30, and is tired of living a careful life. She had to take on a lot of responsibility young, and now that she has more freedom, she wants to try new things. She write...more
Christina
It was pretty good for a short story. The only thing that bothered me was that it seemed a little disconnected at times. Examples: you read about him taking off her pants, but then she talks about the feel of the wall on her back and when they're done she has to go retrieve her shirt even though she was fully clothed and all he did was take off her pants?? She says he never tried calling her, but then he says she was screening her calls. The last chapter says "one month later" and then he kisses...more
Donna
I had so many issues with this I just couldn't find anything to like about it at all. I found the sex scenes too graphic. I have no objection sex scenes if they are supported by romance, but I was uncomfortable by the explicit description here. I was bothered by the manner in which Lily nagged and criticized Julie's life. She's like 18 or 19 and yet she feels the right to criticize Julie and COMPLAIN that Julie is too ATTACHED to her!!! The real deal-breaker for me was the ending. Julie and Matt...more
Kelley (Against GR Censorship)
Another one of my sight unseen purchases. I liked the characters' backstory, their reintroduction to each other, and the love scenes were hot. But, I just didn't feel these twp had anything in common. The romantic part fell flat and maybe that was because it couldn't fit in the short story length. Not a bad story, just okay.
Tash
Reviewed for Booked Up . Stay tuned for the review to be posted on Booked Up's goodreads account and the Blog
Ren
May 22, 2012 Ren marked it as to-read
This one is a hot and sexy cover!! :O
*fanning my self*
Guess the story will hot too
Gale
Typical drama of a couple composed of eager-guy and commitment-phobic-girl. Meh
 ~V~
I definitely enjoyed this...it was a very cute and steamy short story! :)
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
With thanks to Manda Collins!
Lou Douglas
Lou Douglas marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Naveeda Jabeen
Naveeda Jabeen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Wild For Him
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • What She Needs
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Marriage Made on Paper
  • His Secret Temptation
  • Anything but Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #1)
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1)
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Midnight Encounters
  • How to Seduce a Billionaire
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • The Wedding Fling (Harlequin Blaze #734)
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • What Lies Beneath
Manda Collins spent her teen years wishing she’d been born a couple of centuries earlier, preferably in the English countryside. Time travel being what it is, she resigned herself to life with electricity and indoor plumbing, and read lots of books. An affinity for books led to a graduate degree in English, followed by another in Librarianship. By day, she works as an academic librarian at a small...more
More about Manda Collins...
How to Dance with a Duke (Ugly Ducklings, #1) How to Romance a Rake (Ugly Ducklings #2) How to Entice an Earl (Ugly Ducklings, #3) Why Dukes Say I Do (Wicked Widows, #1) The Perks of Being a Beauty (Ugly Ducklings, #3.5)