Start by marking “Holiness for Everyone: The Practical Spirituality of St. Josemaria Escriva” as Want to Read:
Holiness for Everyone: The Practical Spirituality of St. Josemaria Escriva

Holiness for Everyone: The Practical Spirituality of St. Josemaria Escriva

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Eric Sammons tells how twentieth century Spanish priest and canonized saint Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei, recovered the message of the universal call to holiness.
Published March 19th 2012 by Our Sunday Visitor (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Holiness for Everyone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiness for Everyone

Brendan McGrath
Jul 08, 2012 Brendan McGrath rated it it was amazing
A very clear, simple, yet thorough introduction to the spirituality of St. Josemaria, a spirituality for living in the world and living a truly holy life. Everyone who is serious about their spiritual life, should read this book.
Webster Bull
Oct 15, 2012 Webster Bull rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
A friend of mine in the church refers to himself as a “meat-and-potatoes Catholic,” and as I approach my fifth anniversary on this side of the river, I am liking that self-description more and more. Some of my early enthusiasms are dropping away, though not enthusiasm itself. I no longer feel impelled toward every variant of Catholic experience, from retreats and pilgrimages to novenas and ecclesial movements. Today, I enjoy rediscovering my faith in the steady everydayness of prayer, reading, a ...more
May 08, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-list
I'm a big fan of Eric Sammons and his book-writing. When he wrote me and asked me to take a look at this one, I couldn't say no. His last book was one of my favorites, after all, and I was curious after seeing the title to this one.

It's not a biography, but more like a braid of St. Josemaria's wisdom and spirituality and the life we all struggle to live. Sammons does a great job of keeping it real, of making the theories into practices that apply even to me.

I found myself marking this book, thin
Julie Davis
Aug 13, 2012 Julie Davis rated it it was amazing
Friendship has a powerful impact on people's behavior. Parents often worry that their children will succumb to "peer pressure," implicitly acknowledging the power that friends can have on someone's life. Children aren't the only ones influenced in this way -- adults, too, allow their personalities and choices to be shaped by the company they keep. Communal-ness is part of human nature. We want to be accepted by others. We don't want to seem odd. Natural as this is, it, too, often leads people aw
Stuart
Dec 31, 2012 Stuart rated it really liked it
I was very intrigued by this book before I ever opened it. For starters, Scott Hahn wrote the foreword to this book, and I automatically assume anything he puts his name on has to be good. I was also intrigued by the spirituality members of Opus Dei (the order St. Josemaria Escriva founded) practiced. I knew it wasn't the exaggerated tales Dan Brown concocted in his book The Da Vinci Code, but I didn't know what all it entailed.

There are two main parts to this book. The first part is called "Lay
Steven R. McEvoy
Eric Sammons and Our Sunday Visitor have provided us with an amazing book and excellent resource for spiritual growth. The book walks us through the life and ministry of St. Jose Maria Escriva but does so in a way to emphasize his teachings, and the practical implications we can implement in our own day-to-day lives. The sections in the book are:

1. Called To Be Saints

Crea
Adam
Mar 19, 2013 Adam rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
Good introduction to St. Josemaria Escriva, makes me want to read more of his writings. "Holiness for Everyone" really sums up the theme of this book: everyone is called to become a saint no matter what their status in life. Nothing too ground breaking in this book but it was an easy read with a lot of good information in it.
Lisa
Aug 13, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read
Foreward by Dr. Scott Hahn! Enough said...worth adding to the TBR for that.
Anne Roat
Oct 25, 2013 Anne Roat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and used a lot of the ideas with friend.
Rev Gary
Aug 01, 2013 Rev Gary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-growth
A book that really makes you think about every day life.
Vernon
Vernon marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
John Sauer
John Sauer marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Maureen Branson
Maureen Branson rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Esteban M. Ramos
Esteban M. Ramos rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Christina Lacey
Christina Lacey marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Nicholas Pescosolido
Nicholas Pescosolido is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2015
Joe Hoffman
Joe Hoffman rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Ruth Heer
Ruth Heer rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Maria Werries
Maria Werries marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Tahlia
Tahlia is currently reading it
May 24, 2015
Manuel
Manuel marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Karla Taylor
Karla Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Jeffrey Kendrick
Jeffrey Kendrick marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Brett's Books
Brett's Books is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2015