Action: Pulse Pounding Tales Volume 1

Action: Pulse Pounding Tales Volume 1

4.73 of 5 stars 4.73  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"This book should not be purchased by asthmatics or heavy smokers as it leaves a fit person breathless with excitement." ***** Crimesquad.com

37 Action-packed Pulse Pounding Tales!

That's exactly what you get in this collection of action stories from top thriller authors Stephen Leather, Matt Hilton, Zoë Sharp, Adrian Magson, Steven Savile and many more, including stories fr...more
Published May 2nd 2012 by Sempre Vigile Press

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk1984 by George OrwellFear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. ThompsonWatchmen by Alan MooreDune by Frank Herbert
Real Man Books
236th out of 478 books — 195 voters
1984 by George OrwellAnimal Farm by George OrwellSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Essential Man's Library
141st out of 300 books — 98 voters

More lists with this book...

Gavin Hunt
An amazing collection of short stories that leave you breathless and full of energy. enough to get your blood pumping. a real kick back to the feel good action books/movies that we all remember from our childhoods. Matt Hilton has exceeded himself, along with all the authors work, to bring a great collection to read anywhere. the stories are like an adrenalin shot to the heart. get it. you wont be disappointed!
Chris
First off, it has to be said... $1.50 for over four hundred pages of entertainment? That's just insane value right there.

Action: Pulse Pounding Tales, Vol. 1 from editor Matt Hilton, best known as the author of the Joe Hunter series of action novels brings together 37 short stories of action and adventure.

These tales are all bound together with the unapologetic tradition of drugstore book rack pulp - and they deliver exactly what the reader expects. Bad guys with guns are hunted down and given t...more
Weenie
Don't generally read short stories so this was a bit of a change from my usual reading habits.

A mixed bunch of stories, mostly hits I would say (yours being one of them Iain!) but a few misses too, with a couple I had to skip as I struggled too much with the author's writing style.

Liberal amounts of violence, bad language, political incorrectness, male chauvinism (apart from the odd female lead), guns and action.

The stories which I enjoyed most I found myself wishing that they were full-blown...more
Iain
Jul 02, 2012 Iain rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Not biased as my story is one of those within the pages, but I really enjoyed this. I've only heard of two of the authors (Matt Hilton and Stephen Leather) but there are others I'll be keeping an eye out for based on their short story writing.

Ideal for a quick read on the train or before bed, there's plenty of variety. Most of the stories are contemporary, though there are also a couple of medieval stories and a bit of cowboy action.

Decent stuff all round and dirt cheap on Amazon (£1.96 at the t...more
Les Morris
Nov 16, 2012 Les Morris rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
37 superb stories that keep your heart pounding from the first to the last.
Andrew Scorah
Oct 12, 2012 Andrew Scorah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
One of the best anthologies I have read in a long time.
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Angela Woolliscroft
Angela Woolliscroft marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Bec
Bec marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Mick Ruck
Mick Ruck marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Randy
Randy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Lc
Lc marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
John Paul
John Paul marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Michael Waithe
Michael Waithe marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Matt Hilton worked for twenty-two years in private security and the police force in Cumbria. He is a 4th Dan blackbelt and coach in Ju-Jitsu. He lives in Cumbria with his wife and son.

Matt is the author of the best-selling Joe Hunter thriller series, as well as standalone horror thrillers and short stories that have appeared in a number of collections and anthologies. Matt's first novel - Dead Men...more
More about Matt Hilton...
Dead Men's Dust (Joe Hunter, #1) Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2) Slash and Burn (Joe Hunter, #3) Cut and Run (Joe Hunter, #4) Blood and Ashes (Joe Hunter, #5)