Start by marking “Vier Schnappschüsse und ein Todesfall (Hollywood Gossip, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vier Schnappschüsse und ein Todesfall (Hollywood Gossip, #2)

Vier Schnappschüsse und ein Todesfall (Hollywood Headlines #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,157 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Cameron Dakota ist Starfotografin bei dem berüchtigten Klatschmagazin L.A. Informer. Nichts und niemand ist vor ihrer Kameralinse sicher. Als sie eines Abends dem attraktiven Schauspieler Trace Brody auflauert, um ein paar exklusive Aufnahmen von ihm zu machen, beobachtet sie, wie dieser von Unbekannten entführt wird. Die Polizei schenkt Cam keinen Glauben sie hält das Gan ...more
Published April 5th 2012 by Lyx (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vier Schnappschüsse und ein Todesfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vier Schnappschüsse und ein Todesfall

Kerry
3.5 if I could. Can't quite give it a 4. Totally unrealistic, but funny and entertaining none the less. Good for an entertaining easy read.
Leslie
Feb 04, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little mystery, romance, and comedy. What more can a girl ask for??
LaFleurBleue
This second book in the series was also a pleasant and lighthearted read
Honestly even less realistic than the first, as the love story between the A-list start and the paparazzi was a bit hard to swallow. And that there never was any issue about her having to find another line of work was just too much
However I enjoyed reading about their discovery of each other and their budding attraction towards each other
Catherine
My least favorite so far.
Melissa
Jan 19, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Gemma Halliday's books. Seriously. I'm never disappointed whenever I read one!

Hollywood Secrets stars reporter Cameron Dakota, who is one of the paparazzi, set on discovering the dirt on Hollywood's stars. Her focus right now is Trace Brody, who is a hugely famous A-list actor, and is also engaged to marry Jamie Lee, America's sweetheart actress. But one night, while following Trace in hopes of getting some good shots, she stumbles upon a threatening scene, which leads her into a sinister
Jenn
Mar 08, 2014 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I got this book a LOOONG time ago when I first got my Kindle. It's a good thing I did. I'd previously read this author's High Heels series. I got that as a big bundle. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have continued after book one. I hated them. If I didn't already own this one, I never would have gotten it after reading that other series. So, I'm glad I did.

This was MUCH better. The main characters weren't complete idiots. Other than Trace not calling the police in the beginning, they weren't complete m
Rachel
I had such mixed feelings about this book. I really liked our leading male, Trace. He was grounded and rugged and sexy and all that a leading man should be. As for Cam, our leading lady, she kind of grew on me as the story went on. And Allie, I really just found her character annoying and useless and would have rather had Tina, from the first book, be the supporting character. I think I felt the same way about Halliday's other series. I got sucked in by absolutely loving the first book, then did ...more
Dani
Jul 06, 2013 Dani rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've really enjoyed this series, but I apparently read them out of order. It did not affect my appreciation of them one bit. Cameron is sassy and smart like all of Halliday's heroines. Trace barely resembles what you would believe a movie star to behave like. All in all they are a good team, except for that pesky detail of Trace's fiance. Any way the accompanying cast of supporting characters is funny, as always, and overlaps a bit with the rest of this series and the high heels mystery series. ...more
Joyce
May 02, 2014 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paparazzi is following Hollywood's 'hot couple' prior to their wedding. She sees the man, a major movie star, kidnapped by a couple of hoodlums and follows. This cat and mouse extends until the next day when she discovers him at his home. They join efforts to catch the hoods and get themselves extricated from the situation. A funny, quick read that is predictable but silly enough to make up for it.
Jen
May 20, 2012 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery, e-books
I got this as a free Kindle download. This book has it all- mystery, humor, romance.
What happens when a member of the paparazzi gets too close to a big star's personal life? A chain of events that keeps you reading! The twists and turns of the story are great.
I think I fell a little in love with Trace while reading this book.Cameron is one awesome chic - funny and very human.
The writing style is great and quick to read.
If yoy like a funny, mystery-romance, pick this one up!
Jealisa
Sep 04, 2011 Jealisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halliday has done it again bring back a worlld of mystery and letting us experience hollywood from both paparizi and celberity point of view while being kidnapped and accidently framing yourself for murder.
A hilarious story which is hard to put down with so much laughter it worth not getting any work done. time well spent. :-)
Candice Gilmer
Feb 03, 2011 Candice Gilmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored it. Read the entire book in an evening. Could not put it down--tons of fun. My hubby had to tell me to go to bed.

And who wouldn't want to get lost in a book about wooing a Hollywood hottie? I know I loved it.
Gizzard
Aug 16, 2013 Gizzard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 32013, 32013-owned
This was a mediocre mystery that will probably appeal to people who enjoy following celebrities. I thought the high heeled mysteries were better, but both are very far fetched. Good for free, but definitely not worth 5 or 6 dollars.

The mystery itself was silly.
Tanya
Aug 30, 2011 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book was much better, but this was still a good read. I cant wait to read the third and see the world through Ali's eyes
Kristin
Cute series, I liked this one as much as the 1st in the series. I miss Felix though. In the High Heels series he was great, here he's been relegated to the background.
Wendy Soliman
Sep 12, 2013 Wendy Soliman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. I like this lady's take on the absurdities of life in Hollywood. No idea if that's the way it is, but it sounds genuine!
Rachel
Jun 21, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A fast paced, laugh out loud story that I didnt want to put down. I am quickly becoming a big fan of Gemma Holliday.
Elaine
Oct 22, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books and Gemma, I am sorry, but I would like more from Cam and Trace, Allie and Felix, Tina and Cal. Sorry but I love them.
Jennifer Kane
May 31, 2011 Jennifer Kane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story line the second book in a series about a tabloid, instead of centering around a main character, each employee has a story. I liked it. Ready for #3 to come out.
Lizz
Feb 05, 2012 Lizz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here is Cam's book, which I actually would have given a 3.5 were that an option. I love Cam, but somehow this story didn't work as well for me. Still, a fun read!
Stacy
I like the story and the characters, and that it follows up on the couple from the last book. I like that there is no sex, but it still manages to have some crude language and descriptions.
Check my review of Hollywood Secrets #1 by the same author. Copy and paste it here.
Honestly, the writing style annoys me sometimes, but the characters keep me interested enough to finish the book.
Dee

She's paparazzi
Photographing hot actor
Sees him get kidnapped

Rollicking action
Water drops on his hot bod
Quite a few errors
Nicole
I like Cam's character a lot because she is relatable. The story had an intriguing start, however the ending felt VERY forced to me. Do people really fall in love after that short of a time span?
Cassie
Jun 06, 2011 Cassie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, fun story but I couldn't get past the typos. And "Walk Like an Egyptian" is a Bangles song, not a Go-Go's song...
Stacy Woyke
Stacy Woyke rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2011
AP
AP rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Nicki
Nicki rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Kellie Clodfelter
Kellie Clodfelter rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • Cool Shade
  • Scoop
  • Paper Hearts
  • Maddy's Oasis
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Spellbound
  • Ghost Stories: Four Chilling Tales from Beyond
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Some Day Somebody
  • The Last Good Man
  • Fashion, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #1)
  • Against the Wind
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • The Jilted Bride
  • Warrior's Bride
119376
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels
More about Gemma Halliday...

Hollywood Headlines (3 books)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines, #3)