Start by marking “Oiorpata” as Want to Read:
Oiorpata

Read Excerpt

Oiorpata

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  16 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When those in the intelligence community gather to drink, they joke about the myth of the Oiorpata, beautiful assassins trained in seduction and programmed to kill using firearm, knife, bare hands, or a myriad of seemingly benign objects with equal ease. The Oiorpata have practiced their deadly art undetected. Until now.
The United States and the western world have won the
Published April 20th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Oiorpata, please sign up.

Richard Ferguson Yes, my books are only on Amazon. I suppose you could request that your library order my books from Amazon although only "Oiorpata" is in paperback…moreYes, my books are only on Amazon. I suppose you could request that your library order my books from Amazon although only "Oiorpata" is in paperback form. Maybe they have a way of checking out Kindle books too. I'd appreciate that, of course. My other books are "Weird Tales" and "More Weird Tales Including the Bad Review." For some reason, I enjoy writing stories that are a combination of horror and science fiction when I write short stories. It's a losing proposition to argue with someone when they give you a bad review and you feel it's unfair, so I wrote a short story about it (smile). I have another book finished which will be out as a Kindle book sometime soon. It's titled "Blue's Point" and is a thriller, but not a spy thriller. I appreciate your interest in my books.

Richard (less)
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le CarréTinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le CarréLondon Match by Len DeightonWhere Eagles Dare by Alistair MacLeanThe Guns of Navarone by Alistair MacLean
Greatest Thrillers & Spy Novels
37th out of 106 books — 80 voters
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le CarréThe Bourne Identity by Robert LudlumThe Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le CarréThe Hunt for Red October by Tom ClancyThe Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
Best Spy Novels
394th out of 860 books — 1,583 voters

More lists with this book...

Stuart Keane
May 18, 2014 Stuart Keane rated it it was amazing
When I saw the cover for this book, I initially thought it was a historical thriller. The style of the text, the flags and the painted faces scream historical to me.

What we actually have is a tight, wonderfully written conspiracy thriller that hooks you from the beginning and doesn't let you go until the finish. At times, there's a lot going on but never too much as to confuse the reader. Spanning the globe from USA to Russia and beyond, this is a thriller with scope, balls and panache.

The cha
John Darrin
Mar 07, 2014 John Darrin rated it really liked it
This book was a huge and pleasant surprise. I started reading it because I had to (don't ask) but very quickly became engrossed in the story and the very well-developed characters. 4 stars only because I reserve 5 stars for Harlan Coben et al.
Susan Baker
Mar 08, 2013 Susan Baker rated it really liked it
Historical thriller where KGB has big plans to take out all opposition. I gave this novel 4 stars because it was a slow start but gained momentum fairly quickly and by the end I couldn't put it down.
Mary Contrary
Mar 31, 2013 Mary Contrary rated it it was amazing
Decided on 5 stars because it gathers steam from the beginning to the end.Like someone esle said, I was fascinated by the story of the female agent. Good plot, good characters, good ending.
Phil
May 25, 2014 Phil rated it it was amazing
Richard Ferguson has written a masterful spy novel here that will blow your socks off. The plot centers on Russia as being thoroughly beaten in the Cold War. Unfortunately for the USA, that is what the Russians have wanted them to see, and they are far from beaten. All throughout this time they have waited to unleash a plot to dominate the world.
Ferguson allows the plot to unwind through the eyes of a CIA agent Ben, and his counterpart in Russia, a beautiful Soviet agent named Marina.
The author
Dipanjan
Jan 01, 2013 Dipanjan rated it did not like it
I had picked up this book based on a 5 star rating given. I have never been so thoroughly dissatisfied with a reading experience. The style of writing is totally amateurish. The character buildup is poor. In fact sometimes it staffed towards being incoherent. It reminds you of the plot of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. But a far far far inferior version. There is absolutely no pace, no tension and no intrigue. Avoid this book. It's a sheer waste of time, energy and money.
Melissa ownsbey
Jul 05, 2014 Melissa ownsbey rated it it was amazing
i thought the book was good
very well written
strong charters
it could me guessing
it had some twist turns
and muder
i give this book 10 stars
thank you for giving me the chance to read this book
KC Rosello
KC Rosello rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Wasi
Wasi rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Anamika Banerjee
Anamika Banerjee rated it really liked it
May 23, 2013
Tanya Reddinger
Tanya Reddinger rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Sara Diab
Sara Diab rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Tamer
Tamer rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Tom Henrich
Tom Henrich rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2013
Richard Ferguson
Oct 02, 2012 Richard Ferguson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Adele Alonso
Adele Alonso marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Alex Alkhyat
Alex Alkhyat marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Azlin Bloor
Azlin Bloor marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Mollyejacobson
Mollyejacobson marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Vignesh
Vignesh marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Mousum
Mousum marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Johnny
Johnny marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Hazel Roberts
Hazel Roberts marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Mira Setyaningrum
Mira Setyaningrum marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Dania
Dania marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Dede 'n'
Dede 'n' marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Gary Kam
Gary Kam marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Vishnu Bharathi
Vishnu Bharathi marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Hisham
Hisham marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Ogechi Wosu
Ogechi Wosu marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
|8|
|8| marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Kathryn Player
Kathryn Player marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013