The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy, #1)

The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy #1)

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Jack Seaborne, Duke of Dettingham, needs a duchess, but falling in love is definitely not on the agenda. The logical thing would be to throw open the doors of his ducal country seat, host a house party for this season's most beautiful debutantes…and pick one of them.

But then Miss Jessica Pendle arrives—his aunt's plain-speaking goddaughter—and she's the one who stands out...more
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Lisa (Reading to the Moon)
I didn't like it, but I finished it and it wasn't offensively bad so I gave it 2 stars. These people made no sense. They hated each other, they loved each other, maybe they always loved each other? Maybe not? I didn't like anybody in this book. Jessica whinged, Jack was an idiot. Plus, the convoluted family relationships were just confusing.I shouldn't need a diagram to explain who everyone is in a book this size.
I usually like Harlequin Historicals for what they are, but this one was a mess.
Julie Bonello
A new Regency by Elizabeth Beacon is always a major cause for celebration for historical romance readers and her latest novel, The Duchess Hunt, is a terrific tale of impossible attraction, secret trysts and unexpected alliances – sprinkled with plenty of delicious humour, nail-biting intrigue and red-hot passion – that is sure to delight!

The news that Jack Seaborne, the Duke of Dettingham, has finally decided to abandon his profligate ways and find a suitable wife sent shock waves reverberating...more
Giovanni
Jess and Jack're childhood friends, or enemies, if you prefer. Since she's a child she'd follow him like a puppy until something happened (view spoiler) and she changed in one night.
While Jack loved to tease her anytime anywhere he could since they're young until now he had to marry for a reason, suddenly he set his eyes on her as his future duchess.
The realization's too sudden for my taste, but don't worry, of course our afraid-of-passionate-...more
Carrie Olguin
DNF

I'm at 64% through this Regency Romance story (would to toss it accross the room if it wasn't a Kindle ebook)and I've had enough.

This story has almost every cliche romance novel element, such as the heroine attitude: "I love him but I won't marry him."

Spoilers follow. But not. Do you recognize any part of this in the last romance novel you read?

*after the hero has taken the heroine's virtue - in more than one passionate encounter (while he diligently protects her from possible scandal so as...more
Vampire-lk
Overall a good regency romance novel!

It's ok, but started skimming a bit! Excessive details & repetition of why she can't marry him & the drawn out process of accepting her limp ankle is not the huge crutch she thinks it is standing in between the guy she loves & he needs to come to terms with the fact he loves her----like actually saying the words I love you & mean it does wonders!!!!! To marry a duke & get his love....timeless!!!!!!! :)

Bummed that throughout this whole no...more
Rie_dominique
suka banget ama si duke yang gigih.

ngerti sih perasaan Jessica mengenai kakinya yang cacat dan membuat jalannya menjadi pincang. tapi jangan sampai segitu rendah dirinya dong jeng. gw aja waktu masih pake walker pede aja jalan ke mall. hehehe...
Gervase
The plot is a great one but I feel the story itself was a bit confusing. I think it lacked a bit of depth. I did like the book so I will be reading the other 2 books in this trilogy :)
Kirsti
Another delightful regency romance, full of mistakes and confusion. Here Jack and Jessica must move past childish feelings, and realize they are in fact perfect for each other. I was slightly confused about the whole Richard issue; my book was in a two pack so I suppose there is a sequel out there somewhere. I would definitely recommend this on to other people who enjoy Regency romance, and read more from this author.
Renn
Always like to go back and read about history with the romance. I like the book alot I do recomend reading this book.
Maddie
This book was awesome!!! Loved the story! Loved the love!
Almost as poorly written as 50 shades.
Vani
Vani added it
Jul 17, 2014
Szilagyi
Szilagyi marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Shirley
Shirley is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Mar 30, 2014
Lc
Lc added it
Mar 25, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rebellious Rake, Innocent Governess (Alstones, #2) An Innocent Courtesan One Final Season (Alstones, #3) Housemaid Heiress The Scarred Earl (Seaborne Trilogy, #2)