Start by marking “The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy, #1)

The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy #1)

2.97 of 5 stars 2.97  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Jack Seaborne, Duke of Dettingham, needs a duchess, but falling in love is definitely not on the agenda. The logical thing would be to throw open the doors of his ducal country seat, host a house party for this season's most beautiful debutantes…and pick one of them.

But then Miss Jessica Pendle arrives—his aunt's plain-speaking goddaughter—and she's the one who stands out
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Duchess Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duchess Hunt

Lisa (Reading to the Moon)
I didn't like it, but I finished it and it wasn't offensively bad so I gave it 2 stars. These people made no sense. They hated each other, they loved each other, maybe they always loved each other? Maybe not? I didn't like anybody in this book. Jessica whinged, Jack was an idiot. Plus, the convoluted family relationships were just confusing.I shouldn't need a diagram to explain who everyone is in a book this size.
I usually like Harlequin Historicals for what they are, but this one was a mess.
A new Regency by Elizabeth Beacon is always a major cause for celebration for historical romance readers and her latest novel, The Duchess Hunt, is a terrific tale of impossible attraction, secret trysts and unexpected alliances – sprinkled with plenty of delicious humour, nail-biting intrigue and red-hot passion – that is sure to delight!

The news that Jack Seaborne, the Duke of Dettingham, has finally decided to abandon his profligate ways and find a suitable wife sent shock waves reverberating
Jess and Jack're childhood friends, or enemies, if you prefer. Since she's a child she'd follow him like a puppy until something happened (view spoiler) and she changed in one night.
While Jack loved to tease her anytime anywhere he could since they're young until now he had to marry for a reason, suddenly he set his eyes on her as his future duchess.
The realization's too sudden for my taste, but don't worry, of course our afraid-of-passionate-
Carrie Olguin

I'm at 64% through this Regency Romance story (would to toss it accross the room if it wasn't a Kindle ebook)and I've had enough.

This story has almost every cliche romance novel element, such as the heroine attitude: "I love him but I won't marry him."

Spoilers follow. But not. Do you recognize any part of this in the last romance novel you read?

*after the hero has taken the heroine's virtue - in more than one passionate encounter (while he diligently protects her from possible scandal so as
Overall a good regency romance novel!

It's ok, but started skimming a bit! Excessive details & repetition of why she can't marry him & the drawn out process of accepting her limp ankle is not the huge crutch she thinks it is standing in between the guy she loves & he needs to come to terms with the fact he loves her----like actually saying the words I love you & mean it does wonders!!!!! To marry a duke & get his love....timeless!!!!!!! :)

Bummed that throughout this whole no
A satisfying romance, nothing exceptional.

This time it's the overlooked neighbor girl who marries the Duke. Everyone except the Duke realizes that she'd be perfect as his duchess but he's always seen her as part of his childhood, always conveniently near.

Short,fast read.
suka banget ama si duke yang gigih.

ngerti sih perasaan Jessica mengenai kakinya yang cacat dan membuat jalannya menjadi pincang. tapi jangan sampai segitu rendah dirinya dong jeng. gw aja waktu masih pake walker pede aja jalan ke mall. hehehe...
The plot is a great one but I feel the story itself was a bit confusing. I think it lacked a bit of depth. I did like the book so I will be reading the other 2 books in this trilogy :)
Another delightful regency romance, full of mistakes and confusion. Here Jack and Jessica must move past childish feelings, and realize they are in fact perfect for each other. I was slightly confused about the whole Richard issue; my book was in a two pack so I suppose there is a sequel out there somewhere. I would definitely recommend this on to other people who enjoy Regency romance, and read more from this author.
Always like to go back and read about history with the romance. I like the book alot I do recomend reading this book.
This book was awesome!!! Loved the story! Loved the love!
Almost as poorly written as 50 shades.
Badra marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Hilary marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Jean added it
Feb 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 09:24AM
ELIZABETH BEACON lives in the beautiful English West Country, and is finally putting her insatiable curiosity about the past to good use. Over the years Elizabeth has worked in her family’s horticultural business, become a mature student, qualified as an English teacher, worked as a secretary and, briefly, tried to be a civil servant. She is now happily ensconced behind her computer, when not tryi ...more
More about Elizabeth Beacon...

Seaborne Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Scarred Earl (Seaborne Trilogy, #2)
  • The Black Sheep's Return (Seaborne Trilogy, #3)
An Innocent Courtesan Rebellious Rake, Innocent Governess (Alstones, #2) Housemaid Heiress One Final Season (Alstones, #3) The Scarred Earl (Seaborne Trilogy, #2)