Start by marking “Something Wicked This Way Comes (Claws and Fangs #1)” as Want to Read:
Something Wicked This Way Comes (Claws and Fangs #1)

Something Wicked This Way Comes (Claws and Fangs #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  546 ratings  ·  42 reviews

Fatman & Robyn Jaid Black

Jake Chamberlin, star quarterback of the New York Bloods, has a dirty, not-so-little secret—he’s into chubby chicks. He does all he can to resist temptation, but when Jake bumps into the gorgeous Robyn DiMarco at a bistro in Little Italy, all bets are off.

Scarred and Kilt Laurann Dohner

Matty has a new neighbor, and she strongly suspec

Published May 1st 2012 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Something Wicked This Way Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Wicked This Way Comes

Djg
Scarred and Kilt by Laurann Dohner 4 stars
Sexy Scottish vampire meets scarred shut-in. Fabulous sex ensues. I love Laurann Dohner, she is one of my favorite authors!

Tinderbox by Regina Carlysle 3 1/2 stars
Sexy shifters find their mate. I don't usually go for ménage but this was well written with an HEA. These shifters are all about their mate.

Asterion by Katalina Leon 2 stars
Mythology based storyline. This one just didn't work for me. The characters were not developed at all and the dialogue was
Erin
Again, I don't understand the theme of this anthology as it's literally got everything. Vampires, Aliens, Contemporary, BDSM, Football, Chubby Chasing, Greek Myths... and none of it particularly wicked.

Fatman & Robyn Jaid Black - Hate the name. This was the first thing I read by Jaid Black, and though I didn't dislike the story per say, I don't like the title. I didn't care for it being all about the junk in the main female's trunk etc. But, I think I can dig Jaid's writing style and thus gi
Frances
These 5 are Stars for "Scarred and Kilt" by Laurann Dohner

I had already read the other two stories related to this one and I'm glad I finally got my hands on this anthology so that I could read it. It was really good but like all her short stories, too damn short and leaves you wanting more! Which is good and bad. Good because you just can't wait to get your hand on her next book. Bad because you have to wait months to do so! Jejeje

As for the other stories in the anthology... Well, I got this a
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Crystal
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Review: Warning this book has BDSM, strong language, and really hot sex.

Something Wicked This Way Comes is the Second Volume. I really enjoyed reading about some new authors, so now I’ve added to my list of books that I’d like to read. I really didn’t know what I was getting myself in for when I started reading this book. There are six mini stories and I enjoyed each and every one in a diffe
Maddux
Several short stories. Not all of them appealed, but some of them were very good.

I love short stories.

And some of these were bacon-frying hot.

P.S. Double-decker pecker. You decide.
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Imprint: Romantica
My Source for This Book: Netgalley

Overall, this was a very well-rounded steamy anthology, with a little bit of something for everyone. With stories running the gamut from contemporary to BDSM to paranormal polyamory to vampires to sci-fi and mythology, it’s a great range of short, steamy stories that all manage to have a *ahem* satisfying endin
Vicky
Like most anthologies, there were stories here that I liked, others not as much. This book consisted of six very hot stories - they are definitely on the erotica side - in fact, all the way over. And all different types. We have straight, menage, BDSM, shape shifters, mythology and beings from the stars. All the stories were enjoyable. The only thing that really bugged me - and please note, this was an unedited ARC I received from Netgalley - but, especially in the first story, there were enough ...more
Aisha Oaktree
As with all anthologies, some stories are amazing, some a great and some are good. This anthology had a story for each, it had everything anyone could want, a little bit of kink for everyone, from BDSM, to aliens, and shifters.

Personally my intial reactions to the stories are as follows:

I'm in love with the BDSM story, it was short and sweet but got down to the hot scenes quickly, you got the sense that we are peeking in on their story that they had some history and that the story will continu
Jess
I got this book from netgalley and the reason I did was that I had heard of some of the authors but had yet to read some of them. So I figured I would give it a shot.

The Jaid Black story: Fatman and Robyn was 3 stars for me. First off I liked that it involved an atypical heroine (as given by the title she was curvy). I liked the interaction between Jake and Robyn, but I could have done with a little more sex. This is my first book by Black and I would definitely give her other books a try.

Scarre
Tori Macallister
Originally published on http://www.torimacallister.com on June 5, 2012

I'm not going to lie - I love
short story anthologies. Other reviewers seem to get cranky and whine about how the stories aren't long enough, they don't know the author, they like shifter not BDSM, they didn't like every story, blah, blah, blah.

Get over it, people.

Short story anthologies are just that, an anthology, which simply means a collection gathered together for consumption. You don't have read it in order, you don't ha
Netanella
Scarred and Kilt by Laurann Dohner - 4 stars

Loved this short about a scarred human female who races to her vampire neighbor's rescue (though he doesn't need it) when she suspects a vampire hunter is entering his house at dawn. Cute and sexy and well done for a short story.

Tinderbox by Regina Carlysle - 3 stars

A female jaguar shifter finds her mates in two investigators after she is kidnapped out of a mall parking lot. This one is straight up sex, so unfortunately I was kind of bored. My favorit
Kathy
Something Wicked This Way Comes (Volume #2) by Jaid Black Something Wicked This Way Comes was the second of the Something Wicked This Way Comes anthologies. I bought both of them because they both contain stories by Laurann Dohner. Amazingly enough, in this one, at least, the story by Laurann wasn't my favorite. I am honestly surprised, but pleasantly so!

Here's my breakdown of the stories with star ratings for each:
"Scarred and Kilt" by Laurann Dohner 3.5 stars
"Tinderbox" by Regina Carlysle 4.5 stars
"Asterion" by Katalina Leon 3 stars
"Decadent Dance"
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

SCARRED AND KILT

By Laurann Dohner – is a clever little story with a heroine who is both brave and wary, not to mention inquisitive and a tiny bit aggressive. Matty’s had some hard knocks in her life and what I liked about her character is that she epitomizes the phrase, “That which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”. The author presented me with a woman who no longer bows to bullies yet somehow has kept a part of her innocence and t
Katie_la_geek
This review and more are posted on my blog

Something Wicked Comes this way is pretty much what you would expect from an erotic literature anthology. Some of the stories are good, some are bad and some are just damn bizarre.

My reactions whilst reading this book went from this:

description

To this:

description

All in all the book was good. The stories were well written, well developed and really imaginative…sometimes TOO imaginative.
I am going to go through each story (as they appear in the book) and give you my thought
Guilty Pleasures
To read Shadow's entire review, which includes her thoughts on each short story, visit Guilty Pleasures

This is an entertaining anthology of short stories about women who find their loves in unexpected ways. Among other oddities, we have shape shifters, aliens in ancient Greece, and vampires.

All of the stories are hot, and the writing is exceptional for an anthology. Readers will find lots of sex in the short stories, and all are fairly complete within themselves. My favorite was Scarred and Kilt
Theresa
Laurann Dohner - Scarred and Kilt - 4 stars

Jaid Black - Fatman and Robyn - 4 stars - funny and sweet - only Jaid Black novel I like

others not worth reading
Ashley
got this for the vampires and werewolves #1 .. and also read 1 of the other authors who I will definitely be reading more of!
Gigi Readus
Jan 13, 2015 Gigi Readus added it
Shelves: 2013
Scarred and Kilt Laurann Dohner
Caroline Yamashita
Conto de um vampiro interessante!
Zuraidah
quite good read
C.J.
Fatman and Robyn- Loved this. Such a great short story. Funny, emotional, romantic and with an epilogue! Perfect!

Scarred and Kilt- Nice story. Really liked Matty.

Tinderbox- Ok story with good characters.

Asterion- Interesting concept and good read.

Decadent Dance- Really enjoyed this. Would have loved an extra chapter or epilogue to round out the story.

Sahara Heat- Didnt enjoy this at all. I felt no connection with the characters and the story seemed forced.

Kim
The only story in this anthology that I really enjoyed was "Fatman & Robyn" by Jaid Black. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even if the prologue with the shrink was way over the top and not believable. The rest were meet, have sex and fall in love the same day or be semi-abducted, have sex with me willingly or I'll force you and fall in love the same day. Not to my liking.
Amyiw
Only read Scarred and Kilt by Laurann Dohner in order to start the series Claws and Fangs. It was really good at first but then ended lacking with underdeveloped issues and woman falling into place and accepting and total change without really understanding just too easily. I was left wondering what she got herself into.

Very short
Lady Lioness
Not rating this because I don't remember enough to do my usual breakdown by stories. I do know that I liked Jaid Black's "Fatman & Robyn" (despite the atrocious title) and Laurann Dohner's "Scarred and Kilt" (not connected to her New Species series, but I'm pretty sure I thought this didn't feel like yet another vampire story).
Sharon
There was a wide range of stories, some paranormal and some not. All in all I enjoyed the lot of them and they were pretty well written. Of course I liked some more than others, and one I skimmed briefly because I couldn't get into it, so the entire collection balances to a rating of four stars for me!
Betzacosta Fiction
Me gusto la primera y la última, es parecio a cuentos de templo de ellora, pero esos eran mejores
Angela
There is already a pretty in depth review of this book and it's individual stories so I will just say; This is another Hit anthology for me. I enjoyed every story within and am happy that Jaid Black has gotten back into the groove of writing.
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I didn't like the first novella and as I read the next two, I realized I wasn't feeling this anthology. Sometimes you need to know when to just stop and admit that a book isn't working for you.
Crystal
I really enjoyed reading this book and finding more authors that I enjoyed.

It has BDSM and the sex is so hot!! I wish that it had never ended.
  • Mine to Chase (Claws and Fangs #2)
  • A Jaguar's Kiss
  • Hunter's Prey (Bloodhounds, #2)
  • Prepared to Please (Cyber Sex, #1)
  • Draco (Accidental Mates #1)
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Goddess in the Middle (Forgotten Goddesses, #3)
  • Kieran the Black
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • The Bloodstone Affair (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #2)
  • Alpha vs. Alpha (True Mate Wolf, #2)
  • Salvation (Dark Elves #3)
  • Turn to Darkness (Offspring, #5.6)
Jaid Black is the pseudonym of Tina M. Engler, the founder & owner of Ellora's Cave Publishing. Ms. Engler has been featured in every available news outlet, from the Washington Post and L.A. Times to Forbes, Publisher's Weekly, national TV news stations, and the Montel Show. Ms. Engler was officially recognized by Romantic Times Magazine with their first ever Trail Blazer award as the mastermi ...more
More about Jaid Black...

Claws and Fangs (4 books)
  • Mine to Chase (Claws and Fangs #2)
  • Lacey and Lethal (Claws and Fangs #3)
  • Claws and Fangs (Claws and Fangs #1-3)
The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an, #1) Enslaved (Trek Mi Q'an, #3) Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1) No Mercy (Trek Mi Q'an, #2) No Escape (Trek Mi Q'an, #4)