Start by marking “Adversity (Cursed, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Adversity (Cursed, #2.5)

Adversity (Cursed #2.5)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  602 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Kali is the seventh of seventh, both blessed and cursed. With a father willing to sell her, and a life already mapped out for her, she’s desperate for an escape. But her way out can only come from the most unavailable person she knows, and stealing happiness comes with a price that many generations will bear.

Amelia’s haunted by disturbingly vivid dreams about a gypsy girl
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Adversity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adversity

Linda
Jul 23, 2015 Linda rated it did not like it
This book is not a new story in the "Cursed" series, but it is showing Amelias point of view in Clarity as well as describing her dreams. The intent might have been to show Amelias struggle for identity and her spot in the family, but instead she comes across as a whining, spoiled, annoying brat. The parts about Kali were quite nice, and I kept waiting for them and rushing through the parts about Amelia. I really struggled to get through this book, and have basically wasted the last two days in ...more
Moms POV
Jan 26, 2016 Moms POV rated it liked it
It was fun to read Clarity from Amelia's POV. It changed how you saw some of the events that took place or at least gave some of the scenes more details that helped you get a better feel of what was really going on for her. I did not rate this book as high because it did not flow as quickly, and i got bored a few times listening to Amelia.

I think that after reading this you feel that Amelia is not as spoiled as she is made out in the first two books, but she is a bit more whiny than i really exp
Joyce McKune
Dec 19, 2014 Joyce McKune rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
Ameila was having dreams of a woman who was cursed. The woman, Kali, was supposed to be a special witch and her father was selling her to the highest bidder. She didn't want to marry the man her father was forcing on her so she ran away with the man she loved. They had a baby but the father found her and as they killed each other they also put a curse on their future generations. Ameila was hoping to end the curse.
Oct 30, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This book is wrote from Amelia's perspective. She is tasked with breaking the curse that has plagued her family for many years. It also fills in all the details of how the curse began as well as what everyone was doing in book 2 behind the scenes that we really didn't get to see. I liked seeing another perspective on the events occurring.
Carilly Diaz
Mar 20, 2016 Carilly Diaz rated it did not like it
Amelia, que decir de ella, realmente no he leído la historia en la que se basa esta novella, pero me agotó la queja constante, el comportamiento de una niña de 6, soy victima, culpable de lo de mi abuela blah blah blah. Agotador para ser tan corto.
Gay
Dec 12, 2015 Gay rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of the story started in "Verity". This one will answer a lot of questions. I can't wait to see how the Evans family fair, aswell as Nathan and Perdita. Will their attraction continue if the curse is broken? Will any of them find happiness?
Readsandeats
Apr 29, 2016 Readsandeats rated it it was ok
Was glad to finish this book.
I will complete the series but for the moment I need a break from this world.

In many ways I am not sure whether this book needed to be written as in many ways for me it didn't add to the overall story.
Jessica
Mar 13, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
I just could not get into this book I read maybe the first 5 chapters then skipped to the last chapter she basically explained everything that happens in her dreams in that chapter so I felt like I missed nothing.
Leah
Jul 22, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoy this series and i would recommend it to anyone, did get a little bit bored because of how it just repeats CLARITY, but i did enjoy reading it from Amelia's point of view. However, a lot of the time i found that i was more interested in Kali's life and story than what i was Amelia's.

Over all i like reading the series and i just hope Nathan and Perdita get back together and stay together without being separated.

Fingers crossed!

If you want tell me anything, discuss anything with m
Samantha
Jan 01, 2015 Samantha rated it it was ok
I didn't realize when I started reading this it was not the first book in the series. I felt lost the whole book, like I missed something. I guess that should have been a clue. I don't know that I liked it enough to get the first book.
Beth Galloway
Mar 22, 2016 Beth Galloway rated it did not like it
I found myself skipping a few paragraphs here and there. Since it was just a retelling of the same events from another perspective it was pretty redundant. Would have been better to just have it incorporated into #2.
Mandi Morgan
Jan 07, 2016 Mandi Morgan rated it liked it
Not one of my fav books of this series. I had a hard time getting into it. It's interesting though.
Eva
Aug 12, 2014 Eva rated it really liked it
I liked the book only problem I thought it had was it was to close to the second book.
Tonya
Aug 12, 2014 Tonya rated it really liked it
I was really surprised by these books. Loved all of them.
Julianna
Nice and easy

this is a great book. I'd love to find that she falls in love though. and maybe if she talked about Conner more. I recommend this book to sci-fi romance lovers
Annika
May 06, 2013 Annika rated it it was ok
It felt good to get an insight of Amelia in Adversity. Even though it was short and only a 2.5 book in the series. And I was really hoping for a guy to come into the picture for Amelia. Throughout the whole book, Amelia is constantly reminded of how alone and unloved she is. Connor was interesting and whatnot, but she only liked him for his eyes. What's up with that?
Any who, it was an okay read and I wouldn't give it more than two stars.
Jun 21, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
I loved the first two books in this series. I couldn't put them down. I was excited to read this but I struggled to get through it. It felt so repetitive. I loved reading about Kali and toward the end Amelia's struggle with becoming a werewolf but the rest of her story I felt like I read already. It was too much of the same from book 2 even though its in a different perspective.
Kirsty Mcewan
Jan 12, 2014 Kirsty Mcewan rated it liked it
it was alright. I enjoyed seeing it from Amelia's point of view and I really really enjoyed the part with kali
Riana Elizabeth
Jan 25, 2013 Riana Elizabeth rated it did not like it
All I can say is, "THANK GOD I'm done with that book!" Once sheer stubborness got me to finish it. What began as book antipathy grew to sheer disgust - mainly due to poorly written situations and character stupidity (Would they REALLY act like that given the situation??)
Mindy
Aug 12, 2015 Mindy rated it liked it
While I can't say that this is my favorite of the series it was still a really good story. The author explains more of the origins of the curse and shows you more of the backstory. I'm looking forward to reading how the series ends.
Crystal Pate
Sep 15, 2012 Crystal Pate rated it it was amazing
still a great book. just dont understand the ending and waiting on the next one to recover if they gonna get back together after the curse has been broken.
Carrie at Paper Bindings
DNF - Started very slow and I had a hard time getting into it. Didn't bother reading the second person's stuff. Quit before then.
Nic
May 21, 2012 Nic rated it really liked it
I really like Kali's story. Amelia's was a bit rushed.
Victoria Newman
Ashley
Oct 17, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
great
Jaime Wiechmann
Jaime Wiechmann marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
  • At First Sight  (Timber Wolves, #3.5)
  • Alpha Moon (Silver Moon, #0.5)
  • Pride's Pursuit (A Wolf's Pride, #3)
  • Black Magic (Howl #4)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Marcella, vampire mage (Royal Blood Chronicles, #3.5)
  • The Legacy of Kilkenny (Legacy of Kilkenny, #1)
  • New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #1)
  • Icefire (Icefire Trilogy #0.5)
  • Moon-Ache (The Lone March Series, #2)
  • Growl (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #1)
  • Wilted (The Witching Pen series, #0.5)
  • Cursed (Touched, #1)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • WitchCraft (Witchblood, #2)

Cursed (3 books)