Start by marking “Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart” as Want to Read:
Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart

Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart

Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart tells the unforgettable story of two teenagers’ fateful decisions and the resulting grown-up consequences that impact their lives and hearts forever.

News and Internet writer Cath Monahan finally has her life on an even keel after the death of her husband and her daughters’ leaving for college. But long-lost ex-high school boyfriend Jame P
Published March 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart

Anne OK
May 19, 2012 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

Sometimes you gotta laugh through the tears, smile through the pain so that you can live through the sorrow.
(Unknown)

This one gets FIVE STARS just because of its graceful style in reflecting a realistic look at love, life and death. It pulled every emotion out of me. At times I was up on the high road smiling ear-to-ear and then suddenly I found myself down in the trenches sobbing my heart out. “Missing Pieces of My Forever Heart” is an unforgettable story of how the conse
Courtney
Dec 08, 2012 Courtney rated it did not like it
Ellen W-S

This is a powerful short book of enduring love, betrayal, forgiveness, and the bonds of a blended family that makes you cry and cheer for those who perpetually see the glass half full in life. Loved this story!
Sandy
Oct 09, 2012 Sandy rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and a very easy read. I had a hard time putting it down and read it within a week. Beautiful story!
Bayli
Nov 30, 2012 Bayli marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-that-i-own
Free on amazon.
11/30/12
Nicole Pope
Dec 02, 2012 Nicole Pope rated it really liked it
MINOR SPOILERS This was a quick read delight! The story flowed nicely and I really enjoyed how the author told two simultaneous stories, it was engaging and well done. The Cath characters was well developed, especially for such a short novel. The Jame character lacked some character development, as I kept on waiting for him to betray Cath. Perhaps that was the author's intention but I found it distracting to an otherwise entertaining love story. The only other issue that I had was the abuse of ...more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Sep 28, 2012 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
Oh what a delight this was!! I don't think I have ever cried this hard over a story!! Loved the story line and it flowed so nicely! Loved it !!!

Losing your husband in a horrible accident is just heart wrenching.But now Cath must face her past as it's flung in her face.She left to deal with her ex-boyfriend who shows up from out of nowhere.And he is on a mission. Cath wants to leave the past behind,but Jame is not going to give up so easily.And when Cath gives in to Jame,they find the love they
K KEETON DESIGNS  Kelsey Keeton
So this was one of the MOST emotional books I think I have ever read, I was bawling durign the end and in tears soaking my face and snot never ceasing. This was a emotional, soul quenching, tearjerker of a book. Just thinking of it makes me want to cry again. It was a good story, frustrating and sad, but good... I usually HATE stories liek this, that dont end the way I quite want, but i have to say I did love this book. it made me crawl in bed and cuddle up to my husband wanting to hold onto him ...more
Candice
Feb 28, 2015 Candice rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, freebie
Got this free on Amazon back in 2012. I read it today wanting to get it off my Kindle.

no just no photo: tumblr_inline_mpnsocUozI1qz4rgp_zps91e00629.gif

I'm sorry, but this was kind of a train wreck. I rarely ever rate books 1 Star because I feel if I actually read it it should be at least 2. Okay, how about 1.5 Stars

Do people really never use their given names? I mean, it was Jame and Cath in the entire book. Weird.
Ragne
Apr 06, 2013 Ragne rated it it was ok
An easy read, except for the bad grammar. I think I'm having my PMS, I actually felt a tear in the corner of my eye. However I didn't find the story credible. That the long-lost adopted son begins calling the birth parents "Mom and Dad" at once. The language is at times surprisingly juvenile, and the story is told many times before in different forms.
I'm glad I got this for free on Amazon, I would have been kicking my self if I had spent money on it. However, sometimes it feels good to read som
Farmers Wife
Dec 12, 2012 Farmers Wife rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a bittersweet story about true love and decisions that are sometimes made for us thus altering the path of our life. It is also a story of how love can come full circle. The chapters flash back and forth between where Jame and Cath when they first meet in high school their freshman year and what happens as the years follow.
Judy
Apr 09, 2015 Judy rated it it was amazing
Cath and Jame fell in love during their freshman year in high school. Their romance was off and on again with promises made, then broken and parental interference. Many years later they were reunited in a search for what they had lost with an uncertain future looming between them. Excellent storyline that will keep you reading and tear at your heart. You might need tissues.
Michelle
Oct 15, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I'm really enjoying these rare finds that I would have otherwise overlooked had it not been for Pixel of Ink and Facebook. This is the first one in a while that I actually cried while reading. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but the range of emotions that it brought out took me by surprise. I highly recommend!
Lynnek
Oct 15, 2012 Lynnek rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I read this book at the recommendation of an acquaintance. I guess I now know her type of book is not really my type. The story was ok and it was a quick read but the writing and the editing was really horrible in places. She said this was the best book she ever read - that is not at all my opinion! But to each her own, I guess.
Constance
Feb 08, 2013 Constance rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about love and loss and second chances. This story is so well written, and touched me in such a deep and profound way. After you read this story you have to read the second book that shows her struggle to survive her heartache and start living again.
Cathy
May 18, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Wow, what a tearjerker. Thirty years after giving birth to an illegitimate child, Dad shows up. Turns out he has cancer, never had other children, and wants to find his adopted son.
A beautiful love story. Highly recommend.
Carol
Feb 26, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
I really liked the story, but I thought it was too short - things moved too fast. It a fast read, but it was such a good story, I would have liked to have had more. I felt like I was reading the abridged version.
Wendy Hux
Jul 02, 2012 Wendy Hux rated it did not like it
Again....this book had the promise to be a great read, but it was so disappointing. Good story line, but the author failed to develop the characters and their story. The story was rushed and choppy.
Faye
Oct 20, 2012 Faye rated it liked it
A tale of an on again off again teenage love affair. Then reunited at age 45. They married. Happiness was short lived because of cancer. The ending is as upbeat as a "downer" can be.
Dianne
Mar 11, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking story. I could not stop crying with this one. I really liked the story I just wish he didn't have to die. :(
C Estrada
Oct 06, 2012 C Estrada rated it liked it

Annoyed at her letting a boy hurt her over and over, but happy that everything came together bittersweetly at the end
Jenny Mandeville
Jul 04, 2012 Jenny Mandeville rated it really liked it
Cute story...kind of corny at the romantic parts. It definitely had me sobbing towards the end though. I would recommend it.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Nov 30, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Recommended to Michelle by: AnneOK's 5Star read
Shelves: tbr-kindle, prime
11/30/2012 Free on Amazon again!
------------------
09/27/2012 Free on Amazon.
++++++++++++++
Not on B&N, but $3 on Amazon and is a Prime book [can borrow from Amazon].
Ann
Jun 04, 2012 Ann rated it really liked it
Anne OK - another great rec from you. Tearjerker, but a great, great read. Box of kleenex and a lot of blinking to try to read through the tears.
Jana
Jul 14, 2012 Jana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
What a WONDERFUL book! I absolutely LOVED it! Must look for more by Janet Grosshandler; I found myself totally engrossed by this story. Cried my eyes out!
Wendi See
Oct 11, 2012 Wendi See rated it really liked it
Loved it! Quick read- started around 2pm and finished by 6pm. The ending had my kids asking me why I was sobbing while reading.
Lisa Hackley
Jul 16, 2015 Lisa Hackley rated it really liked it
Tears

Good read had me sobbing at the end. Not sure I would have taken him back so many times. Hard to put down
Catrina
Jun 24, 2012 Catrina rated it liked it
The storyline was okay. The grammar was horrible. Did they proofread this? It was a free ebook, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Heather
Oct 17, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Surprised that I enjoyed this book. It was a bit sad but hopeful nonetheless. I enjoyed reading about the story of the couple and their challenges they faced in being together.
Stephanie Owens
Stephanie Owens rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
  • Love Unfinished
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • Blind Faith
  • Touchback
  • Dirty Little Lies (Marisela Morales/Dirty #2)
  • A Place of Forgetting
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Sleeping Tigers
  • Three Weeks Last Spring
  • Mending Fences
  • The Memory of You (Return to Redemption, #0.5)
  • The Edge Of Trust (Team Edge, #1)
  • The Black Sheep (New Moon Bay, #1)