Start by marking “Second Bite” as Want to Read:
Second Bite

Read Excerpt

Second Bite

3.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Olivia would rather be getting a bikini wax.

Instead, she’ll be surrounded by vampires at the fifteen hundredth re-birthday party of their leader. With access to synthetic and donor blood, vampires are no longer just creatures of myth—they are out and proud, living amongst the humans they used to secretly feed upon. And no one besides Olivia seems to have a problem with th
Published April 30th 2012 by Off The Hook Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Bite

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Jul 22, 2012 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ by: The BookChick
A sweet novella, a love story about true soulmates. totally loved that the author gave us a complete story. It was too short but did not lack any details or leave us wondering of the outcome between the H&H.
Lauren Stewart
May 02, 2012 Lauren Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
In my completely unbiased opinion, this novella rocks!

Okay, I think that's all I should say unless I want to come off as arrogant or just plain weird.
Kenya Wright
Well I will say that I definetly enjoyed this read. I know the author, but she didn't freakin tell me that she wrote it or that it was available.... but I have my spies! BHAHAHAHAHA!

First of all the writing was excellent, clear, and concise. I didn't find any grammar errors, not that I'm the grammar queen, but if I see a grammar problem then the book sucks! LOL. None were here.

I loved Olivia (she had spunk). I also wanted to hump Daniel (the vampire.)

Ok so you're asking me... why not a four or
Christina McKnight
Jul 03, 2012 Christina McKnight rated it it was amazing
First novella I've read...and it did not disappoint! What a page turner! Ms. Stewart knows how to draw the reader in and leave them wanting more.
The BookChick
Jul 18, 2012 The BookChick rated it really liked it
My Rating:

Book Description:
A second lifetime…

Party planner, Olivia, would rather be getting a root canal than be surrounded by vampires at the 1500th Re-Birthday party of their leader. With access to synthetic and donor blood, vampires are out and proud, living amongst the humans they used to secretly feed upon. And no one besides Olivia seems to have a problem with them.

As if her trust issues aren’t enough to cope with tonight, she also has to deal with her co-worker Daniel. Gorgeous, kind and
Dydy
May 01, 2016 Dydy rated it it was ok
Emmm a short-vampire-book cool for those moments when you have nothing to do.
Angel King
Jun 02, 2012 Angel King rated it really liked it
I really liked it. I won't say much so as not to give anything away, except that I love to be surprised by a book, and this one had me shouting at my computer! In a good way.
Ashley Willis
May 02, 2012 Ashley Willis rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!
Evie
Oct 02, 2015 Evie rated it liked it
This is a really short story so I can't really say much. In a nutshell, this is a "short romance" about the Vampire who started it all. He's lived for centuries, and now he works with the humans, as a human and is in love with a co-worker. This last, he doesn't realize until tragedy strikes and he has to choose between what he is, and who he loves.

Overall it was an entertaining short story. The hero could probably have had a bit more alpha in him-- he was just too nice and soft for the Vampire
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 16, 2013 Twinsie Talk Angie J rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lauren-stewart
Check out this review and others at
www.twinsietalk.blogspot.com, www.facebook.com/twinsietalk or @twinsietalk

I am a big fan of Lauren Stewart and was excited when she sent me this book for a review. I am a big Paranormal reader and so a vampire novella is totally up my alley. This book is pretty much told in 2 parts....part one is the party and part two is after the party. Part one is hot and sexy but part two is emotional and full of longing.

Where do I begin? Oh I know it is to tell you that t
Lori Watson
This was a quick, fun read but there was enough story here for a full novel. That left me feeling like it didn't live up to its full potential, with fully developed characters that I could care about. I liked the bones of the story, and would still recommend this for vampire lovers looking for a fast read, but I wanted more- or less, but a more developed less.

Denisa
Another rating: 3/10

This story is not so much original, but I liked idea about vampires getting with their secret out. It was really boring for most time, but when vampires attacked I started to enjoy it. Well the twist was great and I would be really glad if it would ended with Daniel's death, that would be such an awesome impact but nope! He was brought back and this is my biggest problem! I just don't like reviving.
Another rating: 3/10
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Jan 25, 2015 Lenna Wright-Berry rated it it was amazing
It ended to soon, but it was a really great novella, you wont be disappointed in this story.
Georgelys
Nov 01, 2015 Georgelys rated it liked it
WTF? Lo autora tiene que expandir esto.... hay cosas que quedaron inconclusas....
Gillian
Jan 24, 2015 Gillian rated it really liked it
great little short story really enjoyable tale about soul mates
Megan Cole
Mar 10, 2015 Megan Cole rated it really liked it
That was so wonderful, I only wish I got a full book.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Jan 28, 2015 Toni ~married to a hunk~ rated it really liked it
I loved this book just wishing it was longer.
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Sep 11, 2015 Aldii - perfectioninbooks rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Linda,tierna y dulce historia.
Emily
Feb 01, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: vamp fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Good
Mitsy
Jun 08, 2013 Mitsy rated it it was amazing
Olivia is in love with Daniel. Only problem? He's a vampire! Olivia does not trust vampires. When Daniel and Olivia finally take a chance, Daniel has a surprise that changes everything.

Excellent writing, depth, strong characters, violence, romance, mystery, thrills, and just a fun read. All that in a short story.

Love it.
Kathie
Mar 26, 2015 Kathie rated it it was ok
Meh. I like the Jekyll/Hyde series, but this just didn't do anything for me.
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
3.5Vamp

overall it was a good read which I enjoyed. It made me gasp,swoon and smile -great novella

Full review to come
Mhari
Apr 02, 2013 Mhari rated it it was ok
Short, ended abruptly, and just as I was getting into it too.....
Kathryn
Quick little love story.
Allyson
Allyson marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Kit
Kit marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Whisgirl
Whisgirl is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2016
Katrina B
Katrina B is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2016
Clawed9
Clawed9 marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • Progeny of Innocence (Paradox, #2)
  • Moon Kissed
  • Written in Stone
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • The Game: Book One(The Game, #1)
  • Once Forbidden (The Hunted, #1)
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • The Secret Guide to Dating Monsters (Secret McQueen, #0.5)
  • Vampire (Desires of Blood #1)
  • Resonant (Reign of Blood, #0.5)
  • Purr-fect Match (Hunted #1)
  • de Sang: Embrace Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire #2)
  • Pursuing Grace (Shifter Chronicles #0.5)
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Glimmer (Delaney's Gift, #0.5)
Lauren Stewart lives in Northern California with two of the most amazing children that the world has ever seen. She reads almost every genre so, naturally, her writing reflects that. With every book, every story, you'll find elements of other genres--fantasy, mystery, romance, paranormal, suspense, YA, women's literature, all with a touch of humor because what doesn't kill us should make us laugh. ...more
More about Lauren Stewart...