Start by marking “Dark Matters” as Want to Read:
Dark Matters

Dark Matters (Signs of the Zodiac #4.5)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Originally appeared in the print anthology Unbound.

Following the slaughter of his parents, J.J. became an Agent of the Light. But now, in Vicki Pettersson's Dark Matters, his love for the beautiful killer who spared his life transforms the fierce defender into the most perfect predator of all.

Published May 1st 2012 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Dark Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Matters

Veronica
A nice short story about the delicious Hunter Lorenzo before he became the Hunter Lorenzo we know from the Signs of the Zodiac series. This should not be read until the rest of the series has been read first however because it will spoil some major plot points from the series. And how thrilled am I that Vicki Pettersson has penned a brand new short story featuring a return to her Signs of the Zodiac world and Joanna Archer? Thrilled, I say!
Jill
This should have never been in an anthology. As a fist time reader of Vicki Pettersson, I was traumatized. I have no background knowledge of her book series & now I have no wish to read anything by her ever again. I read a variety of genres, but the death of a child is not entertaining to me.
Belatedly, the other reviews I read, say this story had spoilers. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were familiar with the characters.
Alison S
JJ aka Jay aka Jaden Jacks, an agent of light, in the valley of Los Vegas, who watched his parents viciously killed by Shadow agents when he was only 5 still feels the guilt. When he meets a beautiful gal in a bar who likes his mustang his life is forever altered.

Whatever you do, DO NOT READ this BEFORE it's place in the series it has MAJOR SPOILERS. It would really ruin some major plot points of the series if read too early.

Great side story that gives more insight into a big part of things Joan
Aymee
Really, really enjoyed this story. Fascinating ideas and love, love, love that it's set in Vegas. The author has an amazing voice that draws you in and holds you. My only complaint? I want more. (But is that really a complaint?).

Well developed characters and an engaging story line, pretty impressive for so few pages. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a great urban fantasy with a bit of a love story attached. Even better is that right now (as of 7/26/12), it's only $0.99 at Amazon.com
Anita
an entertaining original teaser, but a teaser and not a short story. Be prepared to be left hanging wanting the rest. I look forward to reading more by this author and hope she did continue the story. (I read this in a compilation of short stories)
Lindsay
I am confused, I guess that I would have some closure to why there was betrayal, unless this is revenge for him, but I am not quite thinking it completely is. So I am not sure why Hunter had her read it?
Sharon
Chilling and very very gripping!!
Queneofthedark
Queneofthedark marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Vladimir Ivanov
Vladimir Ivanov marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Pheeroza
Pheeroza marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Connie Natichak
Connie Natichak marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Tim Miller
Tim Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Annabelle Morehouse
Annabelle Morehouse marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Susan Couture
Susan Couture marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Constance Bridges
Constance Bridges marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Elaine Golden
Elaine Golden marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Risky
Risky marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Tracie Curtis
Tracie Curtis marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Meridian Six (Meridian Six, #1)
  • Demon's Fall
  • No Rest for the Wicca
  • Amethyst Bound (Amethyst, #1)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Automatic (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga, #0.5)
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: Rough Trails and Shallow Graves  (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #3)
  • The Sin Eater's Promise (Of Angels and Demons #1.5)
  • Reaper (Lightbringer, #2)
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Dark and Disorderly (The Adventures of Lillie St. Claire, #1)
  • Star Light, Star Bright (Sedikhan, #13)
  • Death, Taxes, and Mistletoe Mayhem (Tara Holloway, #6.5)
  • A Shiver at Twilight
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
Vicki Pettersson is the New York Times bestselling author of the Signs of the Zodiac novels, a completed six-book urban fantasy series set in her hometown of Las Vegas. She's now writing Celestial Blues, a supernatural noir trilogy that began with THE TAKEN (2012) and has been followed by THE LOST (2013). She divides her time between Las Vegas and Dallas.
More about Vicki Pettersson...

Signs of the Zodiac (6 books)
  • The Scent of Shadows (Signs of the Zodiac #1)
  • The Taste of Night (Signs of the Zodiac #2)
  • The Touch of Twilight (Signs of the Zodiac #3)
  • City of Souls (Signs of the Zodiac #4)
  • Cheat the Grave (Signs of the Zodiac #5)
  • The Neon Graveyard (Signs of the Zodiac, #6)
The Scent of Shadows (Signs of the Zodiac #1) The Taste of Night (Signs of the Zodiac #2) The Touch of Twilight (Signs of the Zodiac #3) City of Souls (Signs of the Zodiac #4) Cheat the Grave (Signs of the Zodiac #5)