Start by marking “First Lady Down” as Want to Read:
First Lady Down

First Lady Down

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  43 reviews
When a sniper tries to assassinate the President, but accidentally kills the First Lady, everyone thinks it was a clear case of a bad shot. But as one investigator digs deeper, he finds evidence that suggests the First Lady was really the target. But his superiors ignore him and he has to go it alone. Within a few short hours, he is elbow-deep in government agents, hired t ...more
Published June 21st 2011 by Alleycat Publishing

To ask other readers questions about First Lady Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Lady Down

Elizabeth Jara
I couldn't make it past chapter 2 where a gate guard salutes an NCO and calls him "Sir". That was a clear indication that the author has no military knowledge and failed to do even a small amount of research. I realize this is a work of fiction, but one ought to make it moderately believable.
Zig Sleipnir
An interesting story, although one in which clues provided in the opening made it obvious who had arranged the hit. The book would benefit greatly from being edited (maybe there is a more recent edition that has been fixed up), as there is a tremendous amount of repetition of words and phrases within paragraphs or scenes, particularly in the first half of the book. For example, in one paragraph five of the first six lines included one of 'on the stage', 'around the stage', or 'of the stage', and ...more
Teresa Collins
A well-thought out storyline, with good character development and a lot of action. My problem with the book is the author's writing style is so stilted that if the story had not been so enjoyable I would have had to give up. Here is an example:
"Dirt and grease streaked their clothing and faces. Both drew their pistols. They sneaked over to the freight door. Amber peaked inside. She motioned for Troy to follow her. They sneaked inside."
It reminds me of my first grade reading primers. See Dick an
Douglas Cook
Good fast read. I enjoyed it. Some twists at the end

First paragraphs
"Chapter One – One Shot As Robert Raymond, the President of the United States, looked out over the large crowd, the assassin positioned the cross hairs of the heavy sniper rifle directly between his eyes. Through the high resolution, twenty-four power, Unertl scope, the sniper could see the tiny beads of perspiration, dotting the President's wrinkled brow. The familiar face, so deeply earnest and comforting, looked ten years
Kevin Bowser
We are all too familiar with books about attempted assassinations on the President. But it is not very common to find a story about an attempt to assassinate the First Lady.

And that is the question from the very beginning. Was it an attempt on the President’s life that was unsuccessful? Or was someone really targeting the First Lady. Almost everyone seems to think it was a clear case of a bad shot.

But as one investigator who has been assigned to an elite investigative unit to solve the crime d
Elyse Salpeter
I absolutely love when I find a book I can't put down. It has to have a few components for me - first, it has to be well-written, then action-packed, and finally have characters I just adore. This book delivered on all three. Though the author introduces and then discards a ton of people, I had no problem following the plot, who was whom and the many twists and turns he had his protagonists go through. ATF Agent Troy Barclay and FBI Agent Amber Neilson are complicated individuals who just can't ...more
Christy
I liked the premise/plot of this story. I would probably give it more like 3.5 stars. I figured out who was behind the attacks on Troy and Amber pretty early on but not why. I have three major gripes, though. The first is that Army sergeants aren't saluted unless they're a Seargeant Major or wearing the Congressional Medal of Honor (the scene near the beginning of the weapons heist). The second gripe is the overuse of the word "microsecond". Really? You couldn't come up with any other words to u ...more
Jenna
I love the story I can't hardly put it down........this sort of book is what I call all-in-one. Everything was in here the thrill since I opened page one untill the end, and the author has a tendency being vividly descriptive which I favor.......it's like watching a movie. As of me, they should put this book into a movie. The author used of words is so witty, sexy, and very funny. I would love to read some more of his books.

Every operation these two are covering their butts off Amber the black b
Pam
The story is good. The writing...not so much. It is very choppy and EXTREMELY descriptive. Don't give me every step the guy took to open the safe. Just say "he opened the safe." I'm sure the length of this book could be cut in half by removing a bunch of unnecessary sentences. At about 25% there was a sex scene. Quite possibly the worst sex scene I've ever read. The only reason for it was to introduce new characters. These characters could have been introduced in another way.

I didn't feel any ch
Corina
First Lady Down by Daniel Adams. This was very good. I got it for free from the Kindle Store even though I wasn't sure it would be up my alley. I was very surprised, not only at the plot, but also at the quality of the writing. Excellent. I'll have to look for more work by Daniel Adams. In this one, it opens with what is presumed to have been a hired gunman having missed shooting the president of the United States and hitting the First Lady instead. However, during the investigation, at least on ...more
Shelley Wead
Troy and Amber have their work cut out for them. They are appointed to a task force that is to investigate why their was an assassination attempt on the President. The First Lady ended up getting killed in what seems like a fluke accident.

When everything seems like a rush to judgement, Troy and Amber decide to follow the clues. As Troy feels that everything seemed to easy, too tidy to suit his gut instincts.

Following the clues also is making them a target as they get closer and closer to the tru
Jean
When a sniper tries to assassinate the President, but accidentally kills the First Lady, everyone thinks it was a clear case of a bad shot. But as two investigators (Troy and Amber) dig deeper, they find evidence that suggests the First Lady was really the target. As they get closer to the real truth, they discover that someone is out there trying to eliminate them from the investigation. A little over and above reality when you read how many times they are almost killed, but manage to outwit th ...more
Jud Hanson
I don't give many books 5 stars but this book definitely deserves it. The plot was unique, the action fast-paced and ending unexpected-all elements that a good book has. I will definitely be looking for the sequel.
Michele bookloverforever
the president hires a killer yourself the first lady
Elizabeth
Things are not as they appear. The first lady is murdered and its appears the President was the target. Troy and Amber are two unlikely partners who are put together to catch the assassin. They find themselves with a theory that is not popular and the head of the special task force wants squasgwd. Do they follow their instincts or go with the status quo?

Many interesting twists in this novel along with action and several destroyed government vehicles.
Judy Wise
What an interesting mystery, kept me guessing throughout the entire book. The first lady is killed and the way they went about catching the culprit is interesting. Take the FBI the CIA etc fighting each other to be the ones to solve the case, add stupid boss that wants all the glory and then the two people actualy working to solve the case. Keeps you on your toes. I am so glad that I read this book.
Cheryl
This was a good story. Very action packed. I could see this book as a movie. And even though I figured out "who-done-it" toward the beginning, it was interesting figuring out who else was involved and why. I also liked the interaction between Troy and Amber. The guy ATF agent who had been around the block a bit and the rookie FBI agent who was in the "dog-house". I really enjoyed this story.
Linda Anders
Maverick ATF agent takes on FBI rookie partner and solves a mystery at the top level of US gov't...pretty unbelievable and very lucky as well as expert shooters. Would have liked more if some of the twists in plot explained at the end were better brought out in the actual story. Pet peeve was when the author stopped in the middle of action to give the names of all participants!
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)

Somehow I found it difficult to get through this book but I did finish reading it. There was a twist and it was at the very end that you learned the real truth behind First Lady Down. Who killed the first lady and why took a long time to find out. Would recommend if you want to leisurely get through a book. Myself -I like to breeze through a book.
Joyce

Fun reading. This novel is non-stop action. It is much like reading an old Die Hard movie. The protagonists are 'cowboy' ATF and FBI agents who are, naturally, right in all of their instinctive actions. The action extends from Washington DC to California and encompasses corruption everywhere.
Brooke
Poorly written...choppy sentences and poor descriptions of the characters. Decent plot although of could have been more developed and I figured out who did it early in the story.

Horrible formatting in the kindle version. Some paragraphs were 3 pages long and some paragraphs were broken.
Beth
Interesting story, but overall lack of character development. Very choppy writing style. Short sentences, and too-long paragraphs. And one excessively raunchy scene. I did finish because I wanted to follow the mystery to the end, but it definitely was not my cup of tea.
Jasneet
While the action was interesting, the suspense wasn't there at all. I'd figured out the plot two chapters down, and read the book thru only because I wanted to satisfy my curiosity and I liked the interaction between Troy and Amber
Joyce
Totally absurd story - too many cowboy FBI agents destroying cars at an alarming rate, people being killed left, right and center by clowns and keystone cops. Didn't enjoy it at all.
Nate Morse
Written like an 80's Action Movie, characters that are always right and can do no wrong, blow up cars and shoot people while looking for clues to solve a completely obvious plot.
Lesley Esposito
While I agree the sentence structure was fairly simple, I still enjoyed the fast moving plot. It kept me interested all the way through. It was a good entertaining fast read.
Linda Marquis
Kind of figured out plot pretty early, but it didnt stop me from reading it through. Some twists and unexpected turns . Thoroughly enjoyable book. Would make an excellent movie.
Shirley McLain
Excellent story line and great characters. This is a mystery worth reading because of it's surprises. You will enjoy the writing by Daniel Adams.
Sherry
Just finished this fabulous thriller. Good read for those who like lots of action. Keeps you riveted to the end!
Megan Sinagoga
A quick read and somewhat predictable. I liked the plot/action and would read the sequel.
  • Confessions
  • Blacklisted
  • Seraphim
  • Billionaires, Bullets, Exploding Monkeys
  • A Hint of Murder (All Three Stories)
  • Birdsongs
  • Tell Me When It Hurts
  • Sound of Blood
  • Sendero
  • The Devil's Dime (The Samaritan Files #1)
  • 65 Below
  • Soul and Shadow (Lily Evans Mystery, #1)
  • No Time To Run
  • Three Days to Die (Aaron Quinn thriller series #1)
  • Bodyguard of Lies (The Cellar, #1)
  • Trust in Me
  • Absorbed
  • Cloud Crash: A Technothriller
Christopher Robin Nicole was born on 7 December 1930 in Georgetown, British Guiana (now Guyana), where he was raised. He is the son of Jean Dorothy (Logan) and Jack Nicole, a police officer, both Scottish. He studied at Queen's College in Guyana and at Harrison College in Barbados. He was a fellow at the Canadian Bankers Association and a clerk for the Royal Bank of Canada in Georgetown and Nassau ...more
More about Daniel Adams...
President Down (The Troy Barclay/Amber Neilson Thriller Series) First Kid Down (Troy Barclay/Amber Neilson Thriller Series Book 7) Hostage Down (Troy Barclay/Amber Neilson Thriller Series) Dead South Flag Ship Down (Troy Barclay/Amber Neilson Thriller Series Book 6)