Start by marking “Letting Go” as Want to Read:
Letting Go

Letting Go

When Kumi Walker found Veronica Hamlin stranded on a deserted road, he offered to fix her flat tire in exchange for a home-cooked meal. It wasn't long before the ex-marine realized that his attraction to the widowed Veronica was the real thing. But he was challenged to convince her that age was nothing but a number....

Although Veronica had turned down countless numbers of
ebook
Published May 2012 by Harlequin (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go

Brenda
Apr 14, 2016 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh I loved this one! Marc and Becky are married and they love each other deeply <3
So HOT.

I asked Sarah McCarty a question about the short story just to clarify something and she replied, so kindly! *.*

It's my second interaction with an author and I'm so happy :D
Dawn
Apr 08, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10 Shades of Seduction was an awesome anthology just thought you all needed to have 5 star instead of the anthology it self so i loved every minute of this story and was just letting you know i wanted to thank you for the adventure and taking me along for the ride! Thanks Sarah!
Hermie
Oct 13, 2013 Hermie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sexy but boring
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
The way this story ends is disappointing starting to hate these novellas.
Jujubee
Aug 28, 2016 Jujubee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first SM read, finding Letting Go in Naughty Bits 01 anthology. The plot arch was simple: married couple away for the weekend, no kids, no interruptions, looking to have a little "adult" time. Smexy times head, right?
What the author gave us was a peek in the lives of two people who love and trust each other...a study of how a relationship can grow deeper with deeper understandings of each others needs.
A loving husband who has a dominant sexual side he's held off because he senses his wife's
SuperWendy
"She wanted him to take her like that. To use her for his satisfaction, to let her be nothing more than what he needed this once. Not having to think, to worry, just being there to satisfy him would be so good."

If you can read that sentence without having the urge to punch the heroine in the face - then this short story will likely be for you. BDSM-lite that definitely was not for me.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Just was unable to find cohesion in this. She's dominant in the bedroom but he is a dominant with all the experience. She has little to no experience. Two years of marriage and unanswered fears still lie hidden. But this man knows his woman and says she can do it all.
Darcy
I would have liked this little quickie better had it been longer and we had more back story about why the couple needed to get away and why Becky thought she needed to do this.
Kim
Sep 18, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really troo short...Would have loved to see it longer. Just went to fast! Only 30 pages, really 24 because at the end was promo's for other books. Still liked it!
Emilia Thomas
May 01, 2013 Emilia Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story give us an idea of how to spice things up when you're married and the routine is killing you ;)
Lena Loneson
Jan 17, 2013 Lena Loneson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read Letting Go a few times. Love McCarty's writing style, and this story is short, sweet, and sexy.
Cindy
Mar 27, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember it, sort of. I know that I wished there was more than just their one coupling to the stort.
gremlin
This spicy short story consists of the last bit of a trip to a cabin, one scene between a married couple (and one of the toys in the big box they brought,) and then a fade to black.
Welzen
Feb 09, 2013 Welzen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Es un libro que solo tiene sentido dentro de una antología porque lo lees es media hora. La historia es el argumento y nada más.
Rustye
Nov 21, 2011 Rustye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp, mf
Hot, well written short story about a young couple taking a weekend to escape the real world and reconnect with each other.
Joy Crowley
Joy Crowley rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Burmesecat
Burmesecat rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2012
Miki
Miki rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2016
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2008
Tamara Drummond
Tamara Drummond rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2014
Questian
Questian rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2012
Akasha140
Akasha140 rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
María
María rated it really liked it
May 26, 2013
Tamyka
Tamyka rated it it was ok
May 26, 2016
Rebecca Smith
Rebecca Smith rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2014
Karen **Mrs. Northman**
Karen **Mrs. Northman** rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Moran
Moran rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2008
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Tuck & Cover (Rough Rangers, #2)
  • Forever Yours
  • Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)
  • Mercy (Judgment, #2)
  • Not That Type of Guy
  • Gilt and Midnight
  • Naughty Bits
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • Temporary Slave
  • The Bargain (The Bargain, #1)
  • The Lonely Dominant
  • Away From Me
  • Gentle Control (Cress Brothers, #4)
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Weekend Captive
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Sanctuary
  • My Secretary, Her Fantasy (My Secretary, #2)
(1)romance author

Sarah has traveled extensively throughout her life, living in other cultures, sometimes in areas where electricity was a concept awaiting fruition and a book was an extreme luxury. While she could easily adjust to the lack of electricity, living without the comfort of a good book was intolerable
More about Sarah McCarty...