Start by marking “Before The Morning (Corpus Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Before The Morning (Corpus Brides, #2)

Before The Morning (Corpus Brides Trilogy #2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Updated, Revised, & Re-edited edition

Before The Morning
...is the time of greater darkness...

A trained killer with borderline sociopathic tendencies
Rayne Cheltham traced out her life's path when she was twelve: she would marry her best friend and bear his children, and in the process, stifle the restless edge in her. When he vows never to marry, she gives in to the dar
Published May 9th 2012 by Noble Romance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Before The Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before The Morning

Linda
Jun 24, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
All I can say is grab this book if you want to read a marvelous and fantastic romantic suspense novel. I could not put it down and finished reading in one sitting. The chemistry between Rayne and Ash is electrifying along with a plot that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat through the entire novel. I can't wait till the next in Zee's Corpus Brides series is available and once anyone reads them they will feel the same. "Before The Morning" is a definite must read and Zee is an auto buy fo ...more
Lovebites Andsilk
So you think you know all there is to know about romantic suspense? Think again. This author brings a new flavour to the genre with female protagonists that display strength and uber intelligence usually associated with only men in thrillers without losing touch with what makes them feminine.

I love the way we are taken through the lives of these characters from childhood to adulthood so that we come to understand what makes them tick and when they make some decisions we don't agree with, we stil
Rosie Amber
Mar 30, 2015 Rosie Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before The Morning is a romantic suspense and is #2 in the Corpus Brides series set in Europe. It's actually a prequel to #1 Walking The Edge giving plenty of background into the Corpus group of secret agents. The first book introduces us to a break away rogue group within the agency and this book gives up the deeper story as to how links to the rogue group are found.

Ash Gilfoy is a paramedic and called to a house in London to attend an assault victim. While he's there is tries to stop dangerous
Kiru Taye
If Amelia Jamison is the female Jason Bourne (see Walking The Edge) then Rayne Cheltham must be the female Ethan Hunt. Move over Ludlum and co, we have a new Spy Thriller author in town.

What I love about this fantastic and intriguing series by Zee Monodee is that she writes female characters that are both enviable and aspirational. These women kick ass. For real. They are tough and are not afraid to show it. In their line of business, the only way to be is tough.

Saying that, the men are by no me
Nana Prah
Mar 05, 2015 Nana Prah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the blurb I wondered just how Ms. Monodee could get me to empathize with a trained assassin enough for me to not only like her, but want her to end up with the hero. I had no need to worry. Rayne had so many layers to her personality that it would’ve been more of a task for me not to root for her happiness.

Ms. Monodee has combined action with a gentleness that can only come with a true romance. She got me so into their world that when I finished the book I wanted to take shooting l
S.K.
Jun 04, 2012 S.K. rated it really liked it
Ok, I absolutely love Zee Monodee's Corpus Brides Series. Before the Dawn is the second of the series and already I am drooling for number three. The action is fantastic, the world she creates is so amazing it sounds like it is right out of a Mission Impossible movie. There isn't much I can say without giving away details so instead I say great job and get cracking on giving us book 3!!!
Cara Bristol
Oct 21, 2012 Cara Bristol rated it really liked it
An entertaining read about a female assassin who reconnects with her childhood sweetheart. I had several 'Oh no!' moments (in a good way) while reading this book. The spy part felt very authentic and well researched.
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
LadyTechie
LadyTechie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
TJ Burns
TJ Burns marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Mother
Mother added it
Nov 17, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Doris Zonfrelli
Doris Zonfrelli rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Lynda Loomis
Lynda Loomis is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2015
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Maya
Maya rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Luccia Gray
Luccia Gray marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
May 30, 2015
Luna8891
Luna8891 marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
TheRoman
TheRoman rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Summa
Summa rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2015
Ilias joy
Ilias joy rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Stories about love, life, relationships... in a melting-pot of culture

Zee is an author who grew up on a fence - on one side there was modernity and the global world, on the other there was culture and traditions. Putting up with the culture for half of her life, one day she decided she'd stand tall on her wall and dip toes every now and then into both sides of her non-conventional upbringing.

From
More about Zee Monodee...

Corpus Brides Trilogy (3 books)
  • Walking The Edge (Corpus Brides Trilogy, #1)
  • Let Mercy Come (Corpus Brides, #3)