Start by marking “Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)” as Want to Read:
Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)

Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)

Daredevil videographer Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson has put his career on hold to help his widowed father run their family store in Wyoming. He doesn't mean to stay in town for long—though it's long enough to rekindle his lust for Trina Bledstone. Hutch always had a thing for Trina, but she's his best friend's sister—and that meant hands off!

But Trina still has the power to

Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Already Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Already Home

Ann Mullen
Sep 07, 2012 Ann Mullen rated it really liked it
A good, short story.
After reading the reviews on this short story, I had to read it because of all the complaints about it being rushed, etc. Of course it was rushed, it's a short story! Already Home was a good read. Short and sweet---A tale about two people (Hutch and Trina) who have been hot for each other for some time, and when they get a chance to reunite, the sparks fly. The characters are likable and I couldn't wait to see how it was going to end. I wasn't disappointed. It was well-writt
Holly
Said it was 48 pages, but 12-13 of those are an except another of VLT's Last Chance series. If the story had been 12-13 pages longer it may have been a good short story. As it stands, the resolution felt forced and the characters came across as a bit silly and immature. It wasn't a bad story, but it wasn't real good, either.
SheLove2Read
May 08, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
48 pages guaranteed to make your eyes roll back in your head. I know VLT is an accomplished author but this is laughably horrible.
Carrie
This is an enjoyable short story, more escapist that believable. It ends rather abruptly and I guess we have to read the rest of the series to find out if the HFN becomes a HEA.
Angela
Nov 05, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read
2 June 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Elizabeth
If you read my other reviews of romance short stories/novella, you’d see that I often take issue with how most authors treat the format. It’s tricky for authors who’re used to writing full length novels to adjust to the shorter format. You run into too much telling, not showing; plots that are too ambitious for the format, underdeveloped stories, etc. So even though I’m not a huge fan of Western-set romance, big thumbs up to an author who understands the limitations of the short-story format and ...more
Vickie Raynor
Jan 06, 2017 Vickie Raynor rated it it was amazing
I definitely fell in love with Hutch and Katrina in this book. The magnetism was so strong I could feel the pull as I read the story, because I was definitely a part of it. My emotions were nabbed by the characters as I found myself laughing out loud and heated during the romance. Coming home never felt so good!
Helena
Jul 03, 2014 Helena rated it really liked it
This is a really cute and fun read. It's fairly short, I was actually able to complete it in under an hour, but I still enjoyed it immensely. I loved the feel of the small town and the cute, homey names of the stores such as the Likity Split and the Spirits & Spurs. It reminded me quite a bit of my teenage years that I spent in a small town.

I loved the addition of a teenage crush coming to fruition later in life. I had a similar conversation as a young adult with my teenage crush and althoug
Melissa
Sep 09, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Hutch's POV from the start was a good read. You initially get a feel for what type of person he is, home to help his father. Then his thoughts on Trina are introduced right off the bat.
Trina also had an enjoyable POV. Her attraction to Hutch was the typical little sister crush from childhood into adulthood. Figures her brother never told his best friend. Always the protective brothers in these types if books.
Because this was a novella I was nervous that the storyline wouldn't be good but it wa
Bridgett
Dec 04, 2015 Bridgett rated it liked it
I am never disappointed with a Vicki Lewis Thompson novel, and this one isn't any different. It is a short novella which can be read in an hour. I enjoy reading books like this in between other longer novels to switch things up a little. Vicki is one of my favorite authors. She has been now for many years. She has great talent, and the characters that she creates in her books are always well rounded and easy to love.

Hutch - He is a dashing, fun hero for this book. I felt at ease with him straigh
Sophia
I was eager to read this story as part of the series. It could be read as a stand alone though regular characters are mentioned. Unfortunately, once it got past the introduction it felt rushed and the relationship forced along too quickly.

Trina and Hutch grew up together and had secret teen crushes for each other, but now years later meeting up again unexpectedly they wish to pursue this. They sneak around and get a big surprise the morning after which forces them to decide to cool their affair
Gretchen
Fast, enjoyable read. I liked both of the characters. Neither Trina nor Hutch are broken, running from something, or in need of saving. On the contrary, they are grounded adults who understand themselves and what they want out of life. Living out a fantasy from their teenage years doesn't change them, the goals they've set for themselves, or the passion they have for their careers. I found that remarkably refreshing. The ending, therefore, seemed realistic and hopeful. It tied up nicely, but rem ...more
LaFleurBleue
Jun 13, 2012 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
Shelves: romantica, freebie, e-book
Shorter than I thought, only 30-35 pages, which was a disappointment
The story was realistic enough; I liked the dialogues between Hutch and Trina. I also liked the very open ending, as in such a short time-frame and short story I am not sure something else would have been believable. However this can definitely disappoint some readers expecting more comfort.
I was not so disturbed as other readers by the teenage-like behavior of the main couple, which to my opinion can be attributed to their comi
Nicole
May 09, 2012 Nicole rated it did not like it
Shelves: written-review
This is an extremely short story that is only about thirty pages long. This is about two characters who come home to Wyoming for very different reasons. The characters talk and find out they each had a crush on each other when they were teenagers, but neither acted on it. The male lead keeps remembering her in a bikini when she was 15. The two decide that they are adults and can follow through with their crush, because her brother isn't around now. Instead of acting like two grown adults, they s ...more
Jackie
Chick-lit novella about two people who knew each other in childhood, developed an attraction in late teens they never acted on and who now reconnect years later.

Hutch is home helping Dad out after his Mom died a year past, the plan had been to stay a short while but things did not quite work that way.

Trina has come home from New York for a quick visit with her Mom, upon finding Hutch in town she also is made aware the old spark between them is still there and to her satisfaction turns out it is
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read
ALREADY HOME - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #6.2 - (Hutch and Trina)

But Trina still has the power to set his pulse racing—and her brother isn't around to stop them
Cynthia
Feb 15, 2015 Cynthia rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute read and at time funny. It is a nice way to get a taste of the author’s style of writing which I thought was good. The story does end on a happy note but there is no closure so you do not know if things work out or not. With that said I would be interested in reading the rest of this author book of Trina and Hutches story. The author could go in a lot of ways. It has a wonderful plot I just need more to go on. I am giving this a 3.5 since it has no closure and rounding ...more
Michelle
Jun 19, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I realize that having short stories available and free is a great way to introduce new readers to a series but I felt that this story was just too short. At only 40 pages I don't think I got a good feel for how the remainder of the series would pan out. It didn't leave me wanting more from the story. Ms. Thompson was able to cram a lot of story in such a short period and I have previously enjoyed her paranormal romances. Because of that I may pick up the other books in this series, but if I was ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Jun 24, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it liked it
This was really a very funny believable or should I say hopeful type of reunion of two old friends. Really it was the younger sister by two yrs. All grown up with a career & home a visit & runs into heart heart throb her brothers friend who is also back home for awhile to help out his dad. Just when things start to get comical, romantic, uncomfortable between there parents & soul search,boom the story ends. 30 or so pages really & that's it? It really leaves you hanging with so m ...more
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2012 Tiffany rated it did not like it
I thought that when I turned the page that there would be more but it just ended. I didn't think that the plot was well thought out and it needed more even though it was a short story. The two main characters definitely didn't act their age and acted on a crush that they have had for years. I understand that the Trina's brother doesn't like her with his he's friend but still...anyway, not a good read and I just thought that it was very childish.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Mar 30, 2014 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson, a videographer, currently home helping his father run the feed store. Hutch didn't expect Trina Bledsoe to breeze back into town. Trina has always wanted Hutch and him being her brother's best friend made that a no no. Hutch and Trina take a chance only run into unexpected problem their parents. Can Hutch and Trina work things out? Your answers await you in Already Home.
JenniferJ
A cute reunion of old friends who had the hots for each other when they were kids but both had went their own ways and are now back in town for different reasons. They never knew one had a crush on the other and this sparked a hot night of mad sex but sadly it may have to end because their parents have other plans! The hot guy on the cover prompted me to give it one more star not because it was that bad a story just way to short.
Lyn
Aug 10, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing
A nice quick read. The short story seemed rushed in places, but the entire story had a fast pace to it. To me, this is to be expected with novellas and short stories.
I love the way the author provided a HEA with opting for an engagement or marriage, both of which would have been completely out of place in the story and for the characters
Kaci
May 29, 2012 Kaci rated it really liked it
This was a good book but insanely short. It was 5 chapters. Plus I believe the characters moved way too fast. They meet up again go out for drink and then spend the night together after a long time. Yes they each other through childhood but just a little catching up would have been nice. Also it seemed like their problems were too easily solved. Good book though. :)
Shellie
May 23, 2012 Shellie rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Vicki gets straight to the point with this one. Hutch and Trina have wanted each other for years, but never got together because her older brother Nash would be furious. Well, now they're older and have both taken a coincidental short break from their careers to return to Wyoming. Big brother's not around and they don't waste time getting to know each other much better.
Poonam
This is the first book of Vicki Lewis Thompson I have read.Was excited to read it since it is a part of the series ' Son of Chance'. But Found that it was a very short but good story. I love the characters. Not happy with the short ending.Would have preferred a happy ever after ending . Anyways , hoping to get more of her books to read. :)
Brenda
Oct 21, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this short story very much... This is the first book I've read of this author but it will not be the last. I'm hooked now and much read the Chance Brother's stories... Thanks Vicki for this good read. Brenda :)
Cindi
May 23, 2012 Cindi rated it it was ok
Aww hell at least they they didn't beat around the bush that woulda been annoying but it was too hokey for me. Best part was the preview of the next Sons of Chance installment. Sorry just bein honest ;)
Eileen
Aug 01, 2012 Eileen rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboys

Way too short of a read. After a real quick reunion they rush into bed and want to make a go of it. Things will get complicated when his father marries her mother. If they try to make a go of it while on the road I hope we hear about it.
Tasha
Jan 15, 2013 Tasha rated it really liked it
this was a great book i learned when you love someone even though things may try to come between you, you wont let anything stop you from being with that person even if it possibly means.... well if you've read the story then you know what i mean
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Paper Hearts
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • Triple Threat
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Ian (The Mighty Quinns, #10)
  • Choose Me
  • Making a Splash
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • Roped
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • A Taste of Romance
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Sheikh with Benefits
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)