Start by marking “Hidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.6)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.6)

Hidden (Otherworld Stories #10.7--in Otherworld Nights)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,323 ratings  ·  239 reviews
Hiking through the snow, holiday baking and playing board games by the fire – what’s not to love about an old-fashioned family Christmas?

Werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers want to give their four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan, something their parents never had: a nice, normal holiday. No Pack responsibilities, no homicidal half-demons or power-hungry sorcerers
Published April 2012 by Subterranean Press (first published 2011)

Jen (Red Hot Books)
Thank you, thank you Kelley Armstrong. This story is exactly what I wanted and needed to say goodbye to my beloved Clay and Elena. "Hidden" is a novella for the fans. It's not for people new to the Otherworld series. Yes, it would still make sense, but it wouldn't resonate. It wouldn't mean to you what it means to us.

The basic premise is that Clay and Elena have brought their four year old twins away to a cabin to celebrate Christmas as a family. But the appearance of a mutt threatens their holi
Marissa
Dec 18, 2011 Marissa marked it as wishlist-aka-the-black-hole  ·  review of another edition
Thank the Book Lords! Another Clay & Elena story! :does snoopy dance:
Althea Ann
A full-length, fully-developed story with a mystery format. Elena and Clay are two werewolves on a Christmas vacation getaway with their two children. While they're in town, a 'lone wolf' approaches them - and his overly-friendly attitude raises alarm bells. Does this guy know that Elena's her wolf pack's designated investigator? Has he been up to something (like, say, murdering humans) that's against pack rules?
I had two categories of problems with this story. First, on a personal level: You ca
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

It’s Christmas time and the Danvers/Michaels family is heading to a cabin to celebrate the holiday, just the four of them. The twins, Kate and Logan, are now 4 years old and it’s obvious that they’re leaps and bounds ahead of where they should be, in pretty much all aspects of their lives. They have advanced senses, reasoning, even reading skills as Logan is now enjoying the first book in the Harry Potter series. While Clay and Elena have kept from them t
Franny (The Reader's Edge)
I want to start off by saying this is the best and most fulfilling novella I have EVER read!

Clay and Elena take their two 4 year old children to a remote cabin to spend the Christmas holiday as a family. Their plans are changed by evidence there may be a man-eater in the area. Clay and Elena have to balance family with Pack duty while maintaining their "werewolf" secret from the twins.

This novella drew me in from the start. It provides an excellent window into the inner workings of the Michaels
Chris
Nice short tale about Elena and Clay. The mystery isn't so mysterious, and quite frankly, I found the ending fight scene to be a little too predictable (why not have Nick do something?).

However, what makes the novella a winner is the development of the family relationships in the Danvers clan. That is the reason for a fan of this series to read this book.
Ferdy
Elena and Clay take the twins on holiday to spend their first christmas together as a family. Kate and Logan are four years old now, though they seem older especially Logan, who knows more about science than any four year old should.
Elena and Clay's hopes for a quite family christmas are dashed when they come across another wolf. After finding out that a boy died under suspicious circumstances and a young girl was kidnapped, Elena and Clay investigate.
Elena is also conflicted about whether to
Sandra "Jeanz"
MY REVIEW

I downloaded the kindle version of this novella from Amazon.co.uk, and at over 3 thought it quite expensive for a novella. I am not so keen on the "comic" style cover even though it depicts Elena in human form and Clay in wolf form, with his penetrating blue eyes.
As always with Kelley Armstrong, this novella is well written with a great balance of suspense, mystery and pack/family life. I really enjoyed the novella, we, the readers got to concentrate on Clay,Elena, Kate and Logan as pri
Kelly
Upon receiving a review copy of Kelley Armstrong’s Hidden, I realized that I had only read a few books in her influential Women of the Otherworld series — and that the ones I had read weren’t the ones starring werewolf couple Elena and Clay. However, I had no trouble becoming engrossed in Hidden and understanding what was going on.

Elena is unusual in Armstrong’s universe; she’s the only known female werewolf. She and Clay are married and raising precocious four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan. Th
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
At 193 pages (Kindle version), this novella is just short of being a full-blown novel. AND it's got pretty pictures.

It takes place the Christmas after Frostbitten, and Clay and Elena have taken the kids to a secluded chalet in Canada for a family holiday (before the rest of the pack shows up on Boxing Day). The four of them are planning on making Christmas cookies, drinking hot chocolate, playing in the snow, etc., but all of that gets interrupted when a mutt shows up their first night there. A
Tammy Blackwell
The Otherworld remains the most perfectly built world in paranormal/supernatural/urban-fantasy/whatever-you-want-to-call-it literature. I love Clay & Elena stories, and am head-over-heels for the twins. (Plus it has Nick, who is one of my favorite fictional boyfriends.) I know there is only one book left in the series, but can Kate & Logan please grow up and get a series of their own soon?
MsMiz (Tina)
I loved looking in on Clay and Elena. They are my favorite from this series and throw in their kids and it made for a really delightful Christmas story.

Nath
Lola
I really love the Otherworld series and Elena and Clay are my favourite characters so when I heard there was going to be a short story about them I knew I had to have it. This short story is about how Elena and Clay celebrate Christmas in a cottage with their kids. Ofcourse once they are there they find out there are two Muts (rogue werewolves) in the same area and they go investigate.

This story is mainly a very nice and sweet story about Elena and Clay and how they interact with their children
Mel
This Christmas themed novella about Elena, Clay and their family was heartwarming... in true Armstrong style. So no sap, but sweet stolen moments, action and humor.

As with their honeymoon, Elena and Clay just can't seem to get a break. In their quest to have a nice, normal Christmas time with their twins, they rent a cabin in the woods. Turns out, those woods are inhabited by nasty creatures.

Frostbitten was the last Elena-narrated book in the Otherworld series, but Armstrong has promised the p
Cherryonion
I'm very sad that Kelley Armstrong will no longer be writing stories with the characters from the Otherworld series of books. They've been excellent and the stories are always gripping and funny and full of action and adventure. This story follows my favourite characters, the werewolves, as they (Elena and Clay) go on a Christmas vacation with their twins. I've been wanting her to write a story about the twins since they were born, but they've only been mentioned briefly until now. We finally ge ...more
Amber at Fall Into Books
Hidden is different from the other Clay and Elena stories in this series, but I feel that it is the perfect goodbye story for them. This novella wraps up their story and leaves the reader feeling as if no matter what happens, Clay, Elena, and the twins will be okay. There is not much action or suspense in this story, but there is quite a bit of mystery. Armstrong throws in a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. All in all, this is a must read for all of the fans of the Otherworld series.

I
Darcy
If you are fans of Clay and Elena, odds are you will love this one. There was a lot of classic Clay and Elena in the book, along with more of learning how they are as parents, and even time with some of the new packmates.

I was surprised by the danger that managed to find it's way to them. You would think that being werewolves they wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problem, but these types of people are everywhere.

I also loved how Elena and Clay struggled with filling the kids in on their s
Steph
This was... wonderful and not what I expected at all but wonderful still. Elena/Clay are my favourites so obviously I was going to love it no matter what but oh, this was a wonderful addition. Kate/Logan were so cute! I loved Kate, I think she's creeping up to be my favourite and she's only four! She's is so cute and fiesty and sassy I love it.

I didn't actually expect what happened to happen but then Armstrong has never been shy with the plots she uses so it doesn't surprise me that respect. It
Kelly
Fantastic short story (still a good length, just not full length) in between the series. As if the werewolves weren't my favourite anyways, this extra glimpse into their lives rounds out the characters and gives some details of the twins' personalities that is delightful. Worth picking up!
Jessie
This is a book totally for the fans. If you have read the Otherworld series, you will really enjoy this book. If you haven't read Otherworld, I don't recommend starting with this because you will be lost. Like all series - read them in order!

I am an Otherworld fan and Elena is my favorite character in the series, so I really enjoyed this book. This is a short novella about Clay, Elena, and the kids. Other reviews mention that this is a great way to say goodbye to Elena and Clay, but I think it's
Kalynn
This is a really well-written novella that packs a lot into the short format. I love Elena and Clay,and the the story didn't disappoint. For me, the one misstep was the depiction of entirely too precocious 4-year old twins Kate and Logan. Logan's reading Harry Potter and Kate is "behind" in just reading kids' picture encyclopedias. Yes, they are supposed to be scary smart, but it was just a little too much, especially with the way they talk and how they are writing lists and schedules. It just s ...more
Donna
Jan 30, 2012 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Rebecca Church
Shelves: 2012, kindle-read
Again this is a novella but based on characters from the Women of the Otherworld series. And it features my favourite characters, the werewolves. Clay and Elena have taken their four year old twins on a winter break for Christmas. But of course they run into a "mutt" and have to investigate a possible murder. At the same time Elena is trying to decide when the right time would be to tell the children what they are.
The story is good, a couple of good twists, but for regular readers and Pack fans
Sofija
Wonderful story! Very sweet. And the illustrations are beautiful. We get to know Kate and Logan better and they are adorable. Clay and Elena are great with each other and with their children. In my opinion they are the most stable and healthy couple in urban fantasy genre. It took them many years to rich this point but now they are in harmony. It is nice to read about them being happy. So take the book and get you Elena&Clayton fix!
description
Ella
Hmmm...Didn't like this one.
I don't like Clay or Elena either individually or as a couple they are dysfunction, co-dependent and not the type of people wou would want to spend any time with in real life.

Nick, I know he's a secondary character but he's fun and much less of a cliche than the protagonists, why can't he do more?
As for the plot...are there ANY mutts out there who AREN'T murderers, man-eater, serial killers or pedophiles? Like seriously, it's getting old.
The plot was predictable, the
Liv
Since the last three books of the Otherworld series were written from Savannah Levine's POV, many readers complained that they didn't get to go back to Elena Michaels before the series wrapped up!!!

Not to worry, Ms. Armstrong knew how to appease her fans. She gave us Hidden, a decent length novella, to tide readers over.

I read this story as part of Otherworld Nights.

For the first time since the twins were born, Elena and Clay decided to take the twins to Canada for a winter getaway, so the fami
Victoria
This is a good novella. It's short and fast with still tons of action going on. The one thing I didn't like was the retelling of back story. If you picked this up you already knew all about Elena and Clay's past. I loved how Kate is still dominate yet in my eyes Logan will be the alpha.

The family is meeting up in Ontario at a chalet for Christmas. Elena and the kids arrive before Clay and take full advantage of the snow. Clay shows up and fun breaks out until a Mutt shows. He is nervous and Clay
Sheri
Returning to Elena and Clay, my favorites in this world. Parenthood has brought out the best and the worst in them both. Talk about protective - I can only imagine what's going to happen there when the twins hit their teenager years.

This one of course is a short novella, but that doesn't mean it lacks any of the quality of the full length novels. As bad ass as they both are, they can handle any mutt with relative ease - it's making the choices with doing the right things with the kids that they
A.M Bells
Elena, Clay, well the whole pack have to be the favorites from Women of the Otherworld. And adding Logan and Kate it was just amazing. I really wanted to read more about them.
They are adorable and it would be brilliant of Kelley Armstrong would write about them again, even if not a full novel.
Mel
Read this pretty quickly, what a shame it wasn't a full novel. I enjoyed reading about Elena and Clayton and their twins. They are my favourite characters in the otherworld series.

Really enjoyed it though.. Easy read, but you often get that with Novellas.
The Otherworld of...: Hidden (Novella) 13 56 May 31, 2012 04:01PM
Where can I get a copy? 2 19 Mar 17, 2012 09:34AM
For This Series... 3 19 Jan 01, 2012 08:03PM
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 (Otherworld Stories, #8.1; The Chronicles of the Black Company 0.3)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Kitty's Greatest Hits
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Dates From Hell (The Hollows, #2.5; Otherworld Stories, #5.2)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Let it Bleed (WVMP Radio, #3.5)
  • Black as Blood (InCryptid, #2.5)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Otherworld Stories (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories)
  • Tales of the Otherworld
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets: An Anthology
  • Imaginarium 2012: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing
  • Imaginarium 2012: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing (Imaginarium: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing)
  • Vanishing Act
  • Expiration Date
  • Shards and Ashes
  • The Bitten Word
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)

“He lifted his brows. "If I really thought it was the absolute best thing for our kids, you'd have had a battle on your hands. That was just a debate."
"With chair-throwing."
"Heated debate. Fights involve chair-breaking. Chair-throwing is just getting your attention.”
19 likes
“Do you really think he untied you? .. He was just checking his kids handiwork.” 18 likes