Start by marking “The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You” as Want to Read:
The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You

The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,978 ratings  ·  219 reviews
If you walk around every day on eggshells, nervous about making a mistake or looking stupid, then you should read this.

If you have a "next big thing" in mind you want to do because you know it will be awesome (starting the business, making the big move, launching the nonprofit, writing the book) but are afraid of doing what it would take to make that thing happen, then yo
Published January 14th 2014 (first published June 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You

Carol.

April 13, 8 pm

Interesting title. It seems to be free, and I'm open to a new perspective. I'll try it.

April 13 9 pm
Okay, I get it. He's reading a bedtime story to his kid and realizes the great big universe doesn't care what each of us as individuals do. We should see that as freeing, except the way he says it is kind of harsh.

April 13, 9:15 pm
Clarification: caustic, not harsh.

April 13, 9:30 pm
This has got to be a dude playing the game on the 'easy' setting. I'm a woman. It's not like I need the
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
This is probably the best book title I've ever seen in my life.
Anna
In following with my 2013 reading challenge
* self-help in any capacity
* try something new: read a male author

boom we have a winner and its my signature expression!!!

I love the bottom line message :

Stop worrying so much about what others think and start being who you're supposed to be. It's time to do some epic shit
Nishat
May 17, 2015 Nishat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nishat by: Safat
Shelves: read-in-2015
“We will never be younger than tonight!”

This quote once caught my attention. I don’t really remember where I read it. Somehow for once I could not move this from my head. Since then it had inspired me.

Anyways, things get messy and uncontrollable sometimes, don’t they? Well, they have to. That’s how probably things work. If everything was just fine, we would have not needed a heaven to console our worried, throbbing hearts. People like me can get easily frustrated, hopeless. And right then a kic
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by ßook Avalanche)
4 Stars

My first reaction after finishing this short ebook?

Duuuuuuuude!

This made me feel so small...

The truth being that the Universe doesn't give a fuck about you! Whether you live or die, whether you're happy or sad, or whether you're at peace or war.
If you're like me and you're afraid to take chances because you have a fear of failure or you're afraid of what other people may think then you need to read this...it may be the kick in the pants that you need.

It was just too short...I wanted more
Sheila
This short book was free on kindle, and since the title caught my eye I downloaded it to see what else it said. I would recommend this book (since it is such a quick read) to anyone who is feeling down about themselves. Some of the author's advice from the book:

"Maybe there's a grand conductor, and maybe there's not. I do happen to believe in God, or the Spirit of Life, or the Force for all I know, but regardless of belief or disbelief, one thing I know for certain is that no matter WHAT or WHO
Joe Barlow
This is a powerful but ultra-short (13 page) manifesto from Johnny B. Truant, the outspoken and hilarious author of the FAT VAMPIRE series, and co-author of UNICORN WESTERN and THE BEAM, among many others. It's essentially a wake-up call for creative types, reminding us that life is a finite resource, and that every moment we waste is a moment we'll never get back.

It's a free download from most eBook retailers, and it's required reading for anyone who claims to have a goal (writing a novel, lea
Karl Wiggins
Should be mandatory reading for teenagers the world over.

Actually ‘The Universe ….’ should be mandatory reading for everyone.

I was blown away by this book. Move over Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Dale Carnegie, Ziggy Ziglar, Wayne Dyer, Stephen Covey, Mark Victor Hansen and the rest. Johnny Truant is the new generation.

This is a very short book – I think I finished it in 18 minutes – but I’ve immediately insisted my son read it. The universe actually couldn’t give a flying f*ck about you. You’re
Rachel
I got this short onto my kindle because I was intrigued by the title, however I feel it was a complete waste of the five minutes it took me to read it. Rather than being "self help" it was more like the ramblings of a young bloke in a pub after a couple of pints when he thinks his audience is more interested than they really are in what he has to say. The gist of it is that the Universe is big, and you are small, so do what makes you happy. Some reviews have stated that it has given them a kick ...more
Cole
I was on my bike pedaling home from work today lost in thought, hating my job and feeling miserable about the recent shitty circumstances in my life when the next thing I know a car slams into me and I'm somersaulting through the air (which apparently was awesome according to the witnesses). If you're asking yourself, what happened next, let me tell you....I sat up, looked at the mangled bike and walked off the road.

So here I am several hours later hurting like hell and looking around on Goodre
Nate Solberg
Brash and bold, makes me think of a punk version of the desiderata. For whatever reason this was something I needed to read, and Amazon provided it for free. I enjoyed it, both the brevity and the carefree use of the foul language. There are times when I think that's perfectly appropriate, and today it all seemed to work. I agree with the message of this short work, and I'll likely come back to it from time to time. There truly is a certain genius in daring to be bold. Fun stuff!
Kerrin Proctor
Such a quirky book yet has such a meaningful message. Make the most of life because you're only here for an insignificant amount of time. The universe doesn't care about you, but you should care about you. Everyone should read this book. It definitely puts things in perspective.
Velvetink
kindle. Puts things in perspective. Life is short, we are tiny, just grab hold of your life and do epic shit.
Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
The Universe Doesn't Give A Flying Fuck About You by Johnny B. Truant is a FREE e-book, currently available in the Kindle store or on iBooks.

It's a motivational kick in the pants for those who need a reminder that time is short, and to go out and get what you want, instead of being crippled by doubt, fear or lack of motivation.

Truant has a great sense of humour and no nonsense attitude and as the title might suggest, his work includes some swearing, but if this doesn't bother you, you'll enjoy g
Stephanie
Aug 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: realistic people, people who sometimes need a kick in the butt to get them off their lazy ass.
*You can get this book, and the other books of the series for free on Amazon.**
This is a short book, but it makes sure you get the point; The universe doesn't give a flying fuck about you. After reading this book my attitude had changed. All I could think (and you will probably too) was: "I need to get off my lazy ass and do something epic. Life is so goddamn short, it practically doesn't exist in the timespan of the universe. So if I die, nothing, absolutely nothing "bigger than me" (if you ge
Greg
I broadly agree with the author's premise that it is up to every individual to make their own lives meaningful to themselves and to those around them; to do, as the author says, 'epic shit'. Also, that we shouldn't wait for permission to be 'epic'!

The author states in the text that he is aged 35 and then comments a page later about it being too late to do things we wished we'd done in the past:

A simple example for me is skateboarding. I'd have loved to do that. And sure, adults can learn to skat
Adrian
This book doesn't say anything that you probably never heard before or haven't thought of by yourself already, however it's short and to the point. It doesn't beat around the bush and tells you exactly what you need to hear. Plus, the tone is quite appropriate, in a flashy-loudmouth-mentor kinda way.

If you ever need some motivation, this quick (and free!) read is worth it.
Hakim
I tend not to bother paying attention to the free ebook lists on Amazon but a random sequence of events led me to this book. The title being what it is, I had to find out what the hell it was about.
And this is the story of how I was tricked into reading my first self-help book. Gee, thanks, Universe!
The author makes a couple of good points; in the same vein as Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" philosophy, Johnny B. Truant argues that the Universe being mind-bogglingly vast, our pathetic little lives
Dri Polacco
Everything dies. Everything. You were born with a terminal disease, just like everything else that has ever existed. You, your lamp, the sun, and the Bee Gees all have that in common.
Shawn Ingram

Not really a book, more a medium length essay this book is inspirational and brutally honest. I enjoyed reading it and will read it again some day.
J K
Realistic and uncompromising. A call to arms! Wel, to keyboards anyway....get writing/taking over the world.....
Ismael Schonhorst
Free on Amazon. Fast at reading. Bold, wise and hilarious.
Princess Godoy
ONE OF THE BEST TITLE EVER!
J
Short and sweet... and free

Finding this book on Amazon when I was searching for 'Motivational interviewing,' turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Johnny B. Truant has a lot to say with very few words. In fact, this is more of a essay. Don't let the title put you off, because it's message is profound. Oh, and I forgot to mention that it is free if you read it on your kindle. I'll be reading his other 3 publications in this series as well. Thanks Johnny, you are epic.
Clare
What I learned by spending ten minutes reading this:
1. The universe doesn't give a flying (I don't feel entitled to use that word at the moment) about you.
2. But, you can give a flying (again, not feeling it) about you.
3. When you give a flying (insert desired alternative for eff-you-see-kay here) about yourself, your whole universe will feel entirely different.

This was both hilarious and slightly depressing at the same time... which for most people is a complete turn-off, but for me is somehow
Kerenza
Saw this AWESOME book title on the free kindle book list so thought why the hell not!

Well worth the read! "Self help" at its finest! My favourite take aways from this book...

"Want to be epic? Just do epic shit"

"Fucking hell. Stop whining and just be it already. Be fucking awesome"

Thanks Johnny! Where can I read more of your wise words!
Kimberly
This super-short book was a much-needed kick-in-the-pants for me. Is there anything in here that you don't already know? Probably not, but it's written in a way that might help remind you.

To make this short book even more concise: everything dies, including you. Some people get to be famous, some don't. But this is your chance to do something with your life. You're on a train that goes one way and you can never go back, so live life to the fullest.

The book was free on Amazon, so that was a big p
Liudas Sodas
In Lithuania, we have proverb - "Train don't wait ones who (are in the wc|taking sh*t)". If you wanna understand why, read this book. It is quite good remainder about the end.
Chris Sanfilippo
Your presence on this earth does not even make up a tiny fraction of the history of the universe. Not even a fraction of a fraction. Everyday you get older, never will you be as young as you were yesterday. It's a clock that goes only one way, and it gets faster and faster as it goes on.

That means you need to slow the f down and appreciate your life a little more. Seriously stop and grab the freaking person next to you and tell how great of a freaking day it is. Smell some flowers and relax a li
  • Do No Harm: The People Who Amputate Their Perfectly Healthy Limbs, and the Doctors Who Help Them
  • The Man Who Came Too Much
  • A-Babies Vs X-Babies #1
  • The Dalai Lama: A Life Inspired
  • Helpless: A True Short Story
  • The Scarlet Citadel
  • Not Microwave Safe (A Halloween Story)
  • Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life
  • Windows 8 for Dummies
  • Some Of Us Had Been Threatening Our Friend Colby (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 4 (Yesterday's Gone, #4)
  • The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet
  • Tales of the Revolution:  True Stories of People who are Poking the Box and Making a Difference
  • Seduction of the Innocent: The Influence of Comic Books on Today's Youth
  • Never Work Again: Work Less, Earn More and Live Your Freedom
  • Portal 2: Lab Rat
  • The Death of Death
  • Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives
Johnny B. Truant is an author, blogger, and podcaster who, like the Ramones, was long denied induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame despite having a large cult following. He makes his online home at JohnnyBTruant.com and is the author of the Unicorn Western series, the Fat Vampire series, The Bialy Pimps, and a handful of other properties and growing every week.

You can connect with Johnny o
More about Johnny B. Truant...
Fat Vampire (Fat Vampire, #1) You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie Disobey Tastes Like Chicken (Fat Vampire, #2) All You Can Eat (Fat Vampire, #3)

“Stop being a pussy and go do something amazing.” 14 likes
“Realize that time will never stop. NEVER. You will never be younger again. It's like being on a train with no stops that's always leading you father and farther from home... or closer to home, depending on how you look at it. You can never get off the train. You can never board a train going the opposite direction. If you missed a stop, tough shit. If there was this great thing even just two miles back that you decided not to do, you can't change your mind and go do it. That place is gone forever.” 7 likes