Start by marking “Trafficking, A Memoir of an Undercover Game Warden” as Want to Read:
Trafficking, A Memoir of an Undercover Game Warden
Open Preview read excerpt

Trafficking, A Memoir of an Undercover Game Warden

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This compelling nonfiction work takes the reader into a convoluted eight month infiltration of a group of squalid criminals trafficking in wildlife by two undercover game wardens. Latham doesn’t hold back on the language in this book nor does he downplay the vile acts that occurred against both the human and wildlife victims in this twisted tale. If you think poachers are ...more
Published April 16th 2012 by Tony H. Latham

Be the first to ask a question about Trafficking, A Memoir of an Undercover Game Warden

Consequences by Aleatha RomigBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTruth by Aleatha RomigOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
New Authors to Read
470th out of 2,440 books — 3,137 voters
When Pigs Fly by Bob SanchezThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsLittle Mountain by Bob SanchezGetting Lucky by Bob SanchezDivorce Hotel by B.R.  Snow
Best Indie Books to Read in 2012
398th out of 967 books — 1,189 voters

More lists with this book...

Steph
If you love wildlife then "Trafficking" will be an eye-opening read for you. It's a true story about a tough, and often ugly, job to protect the wildlife we cherish. We are so fortunate to have men, like Tony, and women who are willing to endure low pay, long hours and danger because they too love wildlife. You won't take the presence of wildlife for granted after reading this book.
Marco
I have never known a lot about the subject of wildlife (except for some fishing) so I found
this subject to be fascinating. There are not a lot of books out there addressing this so it was definitely an eye opener. It was well written and read like a fast paced thriller with interesting subjects. Highly recommend!
C.
Jun 06, 2012 C. marked it as to-read
I am disappointed. Was looking forward to reading this book.
awesomatik.com

Tony Latham verbrachte 22 Jahre seines Lebens damit Wilddiebe zu verfolgen. Mal in und mal ohne Uniform. In "Trafficking" rekonstruiert er seinen wichtigsten Fall als Undercover Jagdaufseher.

Zugegeben, die Übersetzung "Jagdaufseher" für "Game Warden" klingt auf deutsch nicht gerade "sexy". Und hierzulande dürfte der Job auch nicht ganz so spannend sein.
Im Wilden Westen dagegen, fährt der Jagdaufseher mit Shotgun und Pickuptruck durch die dichte Wildnis, während sein Hund auf der Ladefläche die
Tony Latham
Aug 21, 2012 Tony Latham rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I highly recommend this book! I had a hard time putting it down because it kept my interest from the first page through the last page. If you think all game wardens do is write citations, this book will really open your eyes. I came away from it with a new found appreciation of the dangerous work game wardens do while working undercover to protect our wildlife. Mr. Latham does an excellent job in describing the unsavory criminals and their operations and the great lengths to which he and his par ...more
Terry Thomas
This is a good story. If you are a wildlife lover, it is a little scary to realize just how much poaching goes on that is never prosecuted. It really takes guts for these officers to go undercover with some really bad people and to be able to play the role to completion. I would recommend (and have) this book to everyone with any interest in wildlife.
Tina
I won this book through a goodreads.com giveaway. Before reading this book I didn't know much about what a Game Wardens job involved besides making sure people had hunting/fishing licenses. I really enjoyed reading this and I have a whole new respect for what Game Wardens do. Great book, Tony Latham! Thank you!
Diane Zavotsky
Story flowed well, interesting to someone who didn't know much about the job of a game warden .And since he is local and tlaking aobut familiar places alwyas adds to the appeal of the book, but not necessary to enjoy it.Looking forward to a book group discussion on it that the author will attend.
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Pat
Pat added it
Oct 09, 2014
Nola
Nola marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Lauren Disney
Lauren Disney marked it as to-read
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Wendi Dusek
Wendi Dusek marked it as to-read
Rory
Rory marked it as to-read
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Jackie Wolfred
Jackie Wolfred marked it as to-read
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Kara King
Kara King marked it as to-read
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Melissa Cabo
Melissa Cabo marked it as to-read
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
  • Self-published version: At the End: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel (The Road to Extinction, #1)
  • The Pope & the CEO: John Paul II's Leadership Lessons to a Young Swiss Guard
  • A Song in the Night: A Memoir of Resilience
  • Lone Bean
  • Simplicity
  • Amalgam (The Valaran Chronicles, #1) - Expanded
  • Tiger Born
  • The English Monster
  • Anthology I: The Other Side
  • Yours in Truth: A Personal Portrait of Ben Bradlee, Journalism's Legendary Editor
  • My Happy Days in Hollywood: A Memoir
  • The Planets
  • How to Get Divorced by 30: My Misguided Attempt at a Starter Marriage
  • Treasure (Seed Savers, #1)
  • The Viper
  • Aventurine Heart
  • A Thousand Bayonets
  • Strip Off Your Fear: Radiate the Confidence Within
Tony Latham grew up wanting to be a game warden like his great uncle Hawley Hill in the 1950s and ’60s. His first career involved chasing wildfires in the interior of Alaska. (He claims to have caught one once.) After his fire career Tony spent 22 years pursuing wildlife thieves both in and out of uniform with Idaho Fish and Game.
More about Tony H. Latham...
Five Fingers ANALYZING BALLISTIC EVIDENCE, On-Scene by the Investigator