Start by marking “Getting Started with Firearms in the United States: The Complete Guide to Firearms for Newbies” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In this book, Nick Leghorn (writer at The Truth About Guns, the most popular firearms blog on the internet) explains the basics of firearms ownership to new shooters. Using simple easy-to-understand descriptions and some of his famous humor Nick explains everything from what a firearm is and how it works to proper gun store etiquette and how to buy your first gun.
Published March 25th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published December 28th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Started with Firearms in the United States

David
Feb 02, 2014 David rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like guns but don't own any
This self-published ebook from The Truth About Guns contributor Nick Leghorn is written for total newbies to guns. If you've never fired a gun before and don't know the difference between a pistol and a revolver, and have no idea what calibers are all about, but you are interested in getting started, you are the target audience for this book.

I'm not a newbie to firearms, but being out of shooting for quite a few years, I felt I could use a bit of a refresher on terms before I go shopping, and Ge
Josh Bancroft

A short, but excellent, introduction to the world of guns. I've taken something of an interest in the subject, and have been doing my usual obsessive scouring of books, blogs, and other sources, and The Truth About Guns (the blog for which author Nick Leghorn writes, and from which much of the content of the books comes) is one of the best I've found. If you enjoy the book or the topic, you should definitely check out the blog.

The book covered a lot of basic stuff I already knew (basic types o
Nithya
A fantastic introduction

This book is a fun, friendly and fast introduction to firearms that covers everything any beginner would want to know and also what they did not know that they need to know. Very straightforward, accessible and to the point. A shining five stars.
L4wngnome
A short informative book that goes over the basics of firearms. After reading through the book, the book can be used as a handy reference for newbies.
Jenny's Book Life
Jenny's Book Life marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Luanna I.
Luanna I. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
susan nguyen
susan nguyen is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
phil harris
phil harris is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2015
Belia
Belia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
LeAnne M Pruitt
LeAnne M Pruitt is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Cindi
Cindi marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013