Start by marking “Getting Started with Firearms in the United States: The Complete Guide to Firearms for Newbies” as Want to Read:

In this book, Nick Leghorn (writer at The Truth About Guns, the most popular firearms blog on the internet) explains the basics of firearms ownership to new shooters. Using simple easy-to-understand descriptions and some of his famous humor Nick explains everything from what a firearm is and how it works to proper gun store etiquette and how to buy your first gun.
Published March 25th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published December 28th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Started with Firearms in the United States

David
Jan 21, 2014 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like guns but don't own any
This self-published ebook from The Truth About Guns contributor Nick Leghorn is written for total newbies to guns. If you've never fired a gun before and don't know the difference between a pistol and a revolver, and have no idea what calibers are all about, but you are interested in getting started, you are the target audience for this book.

I'm not a newbie to firearms, but being out of shooting for quite a few years, I felt I could use a bit of a refresher on terms before I go shopping, and Ge
Josh Bancroft
Apr 30, 2012 Josh Bancroft rated it it was amazing

A short, but excellent, introduction to the world of guns. I've taken something of an interest in the subject, and have been doing my usual obsessive scouring of books, blogs, and other sources, and The Truth About Guns (the blog for which author Nick Leghorn writes, and from which much of the content of the books comes) is one of the best I've found. If you enjoy the book or the topic, you should definitely check out the blog.

The book covered a lot of basic stuff I already knew (basic types o
Nithya
Mar 25, 2015 Nithya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic introduction

This book is a fun, friendly and fast introduction to firearms that covers everything any beginner would want to know and also what they did not know that they need to know. Very straightforward, accessible and to the point. A shining five stars.
L4wngnome
Nov 19, 2012 L4wngnome rated it it was amazing
A short informative book that goes over the basics of firearms. After reading through the book, the book can be used as a handy reference for newbies.
Daniel Efram
Daniel Efram rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Michael A. Porter
Michael A. Porter rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Eric Hasselfeld
Eric Hasselfeld rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Joseph Garcia
Joseph Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Barbara Vera
Barbara Vera rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Mike R
Mike R rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Myrna
Myrna rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2014
Bruce Marcom
Bruce Marcom rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Eric Lester
Eric Lester rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
John Williams
John Williams rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Diane Elaine Jordan Moor
Diane Elaine Jordan Moor rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
Randy
Randy rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Mark Withers
Mark Withers rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Julie Nelson
Julie Nelson rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Georgina
Georgina rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Gary Ferguson
Gary Ferguson rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Colourofdreams
Colourofdreams rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Jim
Jim rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2016
James Barbour
James Barbour rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Steven I. Pousty
Steven I. Pousty rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Sherrie Knoepfel
Sherrie Knoepfel rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Mike Adair
Mike Adair rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Brad Miller
Brad Miller rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2014