Lui ou rien !, Tome 2

Lui ou rien !, Tome 2 (Absolute Boyfriend #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  4,561 ratings  ·  63 reviews
La période d'essai gratuite de Night est finie. Riiko l'a acheté malgré elle mais doit payer cent millions de yens ! En échange d'une réduction de prix, Riiko doit fournir des "données sûres". Night, qui va désormais dans la même école que la jeune fille, a son fan-club parmi les lycéennes. C'est alors que Mika, l'amie de Riiko, tente de lui ravir Night!
190 pages
Published December 2nd 2005 by Kana (first published 2003)

Nick

Overall Rating: A
Summary: A romantic comedy manga with a splash of science fiction created by Yuu Watase. Absolute Boyfriend is six volumes long and is the story of Riiko Izawa. Riiko is a high school girl with an addiction to buying things online, and has never had a boyfriend. In fact, she is rejected by every boy she asks out. The manga begins with Riiko asking out her current crush, and being immediately rejected.

After the rejection, she is wandering in the park, and finds a ringing cellpho

Erica Smith
Absolute Boyfriend is absolutely adorable and such a passionate, love comedy I have to give some spoilers for this.

The Background:
In my previous review of Absolute Boyfriend, I mention that the main character Riiko keeps getting rejected by boys and so she literally purchase a boyfriend from Kronos Heaven(unsure what kind of agency this is, but dying to find out!). The boy she gets is perfect in every way. He is super smart, super strong, and he is super sexy and he wants no one but her. Of cour...more
Megan Sanchez
Iwona
One of the best manga ever!! : ) When I was younger I read all Yuu Watase's mangas which I could found in internet ; )) In my country was published only one : (

Really good story - about love between human and android. About feelings, that the mechanical thing can feel. And sad ending :<
Michelle. D.
Emy
Fed up with rejection, heart-broken Riiko signs up for a free trial of the Nightly Lover 'figure'. The next day, a cute naked guy is delievered to her apartment. Riiko finally has a boyfriend - one who will cost her a million dollars if she fails to return him on time.

After the setting up of last volume, this volume feels a lot deeper and engaging. It's a little less silly, and a little more serious (though the silliness is still there in places).

There is a lot more drama in this volume, and the...more
Holly Letson
Riiko is so dense she cannot tell when her next-door neighbor has had a crush on her for years. As we saw in V1, even Soushi's brother can tell this. Riiko is only finally starting to see this when she feels like she has lost Night.
I feel for poor Soushi. In that aspect, it must be really hard to keep seeing the woman you love every day (within your grasp)...especially when you have to keep watching her blantantly throwing herself all over another "man". What makes that even harder for Soushi...more
L.H.O.O.Q.
Review of Absolute Boyfriend volumes 1-4:

For some unknown reason I'm not a fan of Watase's manga.

This is a sad thing because it's hard to find a manga author so prolific as to write so many different series' to like, love, or something in between. I have read volumes of her Alice 19th,and Ceres and in each series there is something...missing. I can't define it really, but it feels like if the book had a head, legs, or arms it would be missing one of them.

Watase has written a lot, and I wish so m...more
Natalie
Lauren
When you want a boyfriend none are around, that is just how Riiko feels. On the path of desperation she signs up for a free trial for a robotic boyfriend. What can go wrong right? Nope, wrong! Riiko receives the extravagant Night, a hot and sexy man that only wants to please her.

Seriously this is one of the best manga I have ever read! It is filled with romance and comedy and enjoyable characters. I fell in love with every aspect of this series right from the beginning. There is an interesting l...more
Anita
"I live only for you..."
*sighs*

....vajon mit eszem ma...? Ugyanis úgy elbambultam, hogy 35 percig forrt a hús... Az a baj ezekkel a kis gagyi, de rettenetesen cukor sztorikkal, hogy csak ülök fölöttük elbambulva és falom az oldalakat és bárgyún mosolygom. A konyha közben meg leég...

P.S.: Mindig olvasd el a használati utasítást! :D
Sami C
This reeks of Fushigi Yugi, again. Broken jewelry theme was used between Miaka and Yuiren. And the slap + giving back of jewelry also happened between Miaka and Nuriko.

The plot thickens, and as usual, I am left scrambling to the next chapter because the current love conundrum is too intriguing.
Angela
Riiko and Night go to an overnight school trip, when Riiko's "bestfriend" turns her back against her and tries to go after Night. Riiko gets badly beaten by the girl group that are all inlove with Night. Soshi, Riiko's friend from grade school, comes to her rescue. Rikko got a job that just so happened to be the same place that Soshi was woking at, which is where he confessed his love for her. Night ended up getting a job too, which turned out to be a male esscort club, and he ended up kissing a...more
Jane
I want to kill Knight/Night...
Why are you breaking up my OTP, why?
Shadow Phoenix
Dec 15, 2008 Shadow Phoenix rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who are into manga, anime, drama, comedy, romance
Recommended to Shadow by: no one
Although the characters are very goofy, which can sometimes get on my nerves, it was still very good with the drama, and the drawings of this manga is very detailed. I especially like that this author isn't afraid to draw heavy make-up scenes, with half-naked guys and girls, although only periodically. And you do need the goofiness to balance out the drama in this book. It's pretty good, one of the few mangas that i've found that i like, with a good cliffhanger ending, so have the third book rea...more
Kaitlin
GOD DAMN TEEN LOVE TRIANGLE

I'm terribly sick of reading about girls who have NO idea that their cute guy friend has a crush on them. Such a tired cliché!

GAAAAHHHH!

I hate myself a little right now.

Ok...Ok...I think I'm good now...

*cough* anyways...

All that being said, I still find the story ridiculously adorable! It's got a lot of laugh-out-loud hijinks. I can't wait to read more.
Rita Fernandes
Estou ansiosa para saber como acaba *-*
Amy
Okay, I tried to read the next book in the series but I can't read any more. It's just not for me! Beside the ICK factor of a boyfriend-to-order, if you throw in the tired cliche of evil best-friend/all-forgiving heroine, it's all over for me!

Maybe I've just grown up since my FY days. Then again to this day I would still love to punch Yui in the face!
Redfox5
Another fun book with Night and Riiko. This made me laugh alot and wow does Soshi look good without his glasses! I've read this before but it was years ago and I had forgotten everything. Can't belive Night got reset! I only hope Riiko manages to get him back before he does the nasty with his new "owner". Guess I'll find out in the next volume.
Amanda
All is not well in paradise as the 'perfect' boyfriend reveals a possessive streak and becomes more persistant than our heroine is comfortable with - yet the tables are turned with Night loses his imprinting and falls for another. Compelling stuff - made me rush straight into the third volume with such a tease of a cliff-hanger!
Gabby
*WARNING: This review may Have spoilers in it...but i hope not.*

Again, this was an excellent manga from Yuu Watase. I'm still a team Soshi and the cover looks great. This volume was from chapter 7-12. And, unlike the first cover- this one isn't awkward! :) A quck, cute read, I highly recommend it.
Katiana
Riiko needs money after giving all she had to help pay for Night, so she finds a job at the same place Soshi works. Not wanting Night to worry, she doesn't tell him about her new job, but Night finds out anyway. What's even more worrying to Night is how Riiko is beginnig to feel for Soshi.....
Lucia
I'm enjoying this story in all it's quirky weirdness. Although the main concept is based on the tried but true "love triangle" , this is not your stereotypical romance. I am worried however, that I may not like how it ends, I'm usually "rooting" for the wrong guy :(
Sara
Oct 15, 2008 Sara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sian, heather
Shelves: manga
Beck
Still fairly entertaining, and a few vaguely queer references in this volume. Soshi, or Night? How to pick.... I actually really like the whole idea of AI doing more than its creators expected, even in the context of a fluffy romance.
Tracy
this book is about a girl who has a doll boyfriend who needs to be kissed to fall in love with someone and she has a friend who likes her but she dosent know what to do when another girl kisses him and he falls in love with her
Micheala
StarszBooks
Equally hilarious and the first volume! Night is the funniest character ever! I love how he's so automatically protective of Riiko...even though he's a "figure" he seems so much more human in this one...
Jocelyne
August 2013: 5 Stars
1) Ha. I'm glad Mika is out of the picture.
2) Soshi, ya gotta stop it, man. Your sweetness? It's killing me!
3) Abort, Night! Abort! ABORT!!
*grabs volume 3 faster than humanly possible*
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 03
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 02 (MeruPuri, #2)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 8)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 3
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata...more
More about Yuu Watase...
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess Alice 19th, Vol. 01: Lotis Master Ceres, Celestial Legend: Aya (Ceres, Celestial Legend #1) Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01