Start by marking “Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)” as Want to Read:
Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)

Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  803 ratings  ·  62 reviews
In Touched by Angels, the beloved author of Mrs. Miracle, showcases three of her most popular characters: the well-meaning if somewhat dizzy heavenly helpers, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy. Macomber’s delightful angelic trio alights in New York City in Touched by Angels, and before they re-enter the Pearly Gates, they need to answer the prayers of a troubled school teacher, ...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Avon (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Touched by Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched by Angels

Maria
New York City is always in need of divine intervention and this holiday season finds the always inspired and somewhat impulsive angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy answering three heart heartfelt prayers …and teaching some important lessons along the way. And Goodness, along with Mercy and Shirley, know all three women have a lot to learn.

Brynn, a dedicated inner-city teacher, wants to make a difference in her troubled student’s lives; she wants them to learn to dream.

Hannah needs to learn to f
Shirley
Another cozy read. These are great for those times when you need a good ending.
Drebbles
Brynn, Hannah, and Jenny all have dreams. Brynn is a teacher who dreams of making a difference in her students' lives, even if Roberto Alcantara thinks she is in over her head. Hannah is so used to following her parents' wishes that she is engaged to one man, Carl, while in love with another, Joshua. Small-town girl Jenny's dreams of becoming a star on Broadway are growing dimmer by the day and she misses her family - and Trey LaRue. All three must learn to follow their hearts and they'll have s ...more
Kissa
Debbie Macomber is a favorite of mine and I was so excited to read this book at Christmas time on my vacation. I didn't realize that this was part of a series and series always hook me so I may read some of the others. Basically there were three stories in this book, one for each angel. Only one disappointed me- the one about the teacher, Brynn. As I read that one I noticed way too many parallels with the movie Dangerous Minds. The plot wasn't similar it was almost exact. One of the student's na ...more
Jill
The 3 angels, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back in New York right at Thanksgiving time. They each have to see that prayers are answered, with orders from Archangel Gabriel, NOT to get into trouble this Christmas season. The ending of the book is good as we learn what happens to the 3 assignments in the years to come. This is a "feel good" book that is easy to read and makes you want to feel angel wings around you.
Jan Mcleod
The 3 angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, are at it again -in New York this time. Their assignments almost prove too much for them, but banding together they get the jobs done. Entertaining.
April Suter
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy have several prayers requests that must be met by Christmas Day: Brynn, Hannah and Jenny. Brynn is a new teacher in NYC, many challenges in the classroom and her lovelife. Hannah, a good Jewish daughter wants to follow her parents' plan and marry Carl, but this handsome man she met at the parade is all she can think about. Jenny, a dancer/singer, is waiting for her big break, or waiting for that handome cowboy from back home? And in true angel style they discuss at th ...more
Nifer
A fun read. Love the names of the angels. Unfortunately, the reader (I 'read' an audiobook) was terrible at the New York Jewish accent.
Erika
Jan 22, 2014 Erika rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Meh... This was okay in so far that it was readable but the story was too cutesy for me. I wanted to read it because it was sent to me but I wouldn't search out the other two in the series. If you need something light and fluffy to read, this is perfect!
Relyn
Feb 01, 2014 Relyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: love story fans
Shelves: 2013-reread
I read Shirley, Goodness,and Mercy stories every few Christmas. They are sweet Christmas love stories.
Cindy Kester
Debbie Macomber never disappoints me!
Elaine
Mar 27, 2014 Elaine added it
Wonderful story done in Debbie's s great style.
Charlie
This series is a feel good series and can pull your heart strings. However so far this book in the series pulls the heartstrings more than the others. It was a tearjerker in places.
Deanna Walker
Great book to read!
Robin
Sweet and funny...
Stacey
I really enjoyed these books in audio CD format. Enjoyable stories that kept me awake while driving. Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, where up to their antics again, but really had their work cut out for them, answering three prayers in New York City. If you like touching stories with a "happily ever after", then this book is for you.
Joanne
This is the story of three mischievous angels, sent to New York near Christmas time by Gabriel to answer the fervent prayers of three lonly women and impart important lessons to them as well. The angels usually interpret the Arcangel Gabriel's instructions to suit their needs and it makes for a charming, heartfelt story.
Colleen
Fun, clean, light read. It was fun to travel around Manhattan and dive into the lives of our 3 lucky New Yorkers receiving help from angels, Shirley, Mercy, and Goodness. I didn't expect it but I found myself in tears at one time and was genuinely pulling for lead characters at other times. Was sad when the story ended.
Eiju adnan
Aug 07, 2013 Eiju adnan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Very good story, inspiring. And very good ending for hannah, brynn, and jenny. But to reflect on Islam, we should know that Allah the Almighty can do everything to change us n the qada' and qadar for us is set even before we know it. Everything happen to us has wisdom behind it... Thumbs up!
Cindy
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a sweet way to end the holiday season. I found the characters easy to relate to and cheered for angels as they tried to bring resolution to the issues their humans faced.
Joyce Abell
Love all of Debbie's Christmas Angels, Mercy, Goodness and Shirley. Every year the prayer ambassodors can get into more mischief and make everything turn out right even Gabriel is amazed sometimes. For lot of laughs and Christmas spirit these books are a must.
Stephanie Tracy
This was a really cute holiday read! I recommend it to anyone who'd like a light, fun, and enjoyable novel. There were some great romantic lines in there, some cute scenes, and it was the kind of book you can just sit back and relax with. Definitely a great read!
Fatimah Az-Zahra Mohd Fadzil
A good book, inspire me to inspire people with small act. A good intention usually will lead to a good deed, as simple as that, it brings peace and happiness to those who receive it. Everyone can become an angel to someone else in the form of human being.
My book club exchange book. It was a quick read. Very predictable, three love stories with angels coming to the rescue.Unlikely that they can make things turn out, they usually screw things up. Some pretty harsh incidents also.
Lesley
Loved this one as much as the first two in the Angels series.

However, after reading the first three in the series one-after-the-other, I think it's time for a change before starting to No 4!
Janet
When I purchased this book, I didn't notice that it was a reissue from 1995. I definitely prefer Debbie's newer works. This book was whimsical, but not really a style that I currently enjoy.
Wendy
I think this was the best of the three Angel books I have read so far. I might be influenced by the teacher in an inner-city school subplot but it was a truly great, fun holiday read.
Joy
Liked it much more than I expected to. 3 rather separate stories weave through the book. Overall rather predictable. Appropriate for all audiences, I liked the characters.
Laura Beth
This is by far my favorite of the angel series. Macomber really delves into some deep issues that pulled on my heart strings. Get get the Kleenex out and ready.
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • A Christmas Visitor (Christmas Stories, #2)
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • It Happened One Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #3)
  • On Christmas Eve
  • The Gift of Christmas Present
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • A Winter Dream
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Seeker of Stars
  • The Billion Dollar Boy
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)