Start by marking “CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood ” as Want to Read:
CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood

CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
For people trying to lose weight and enhance well-being, it's a little miracle: chia, a tiny seed that the Aztecs used for centuries as a super food, provides a complete source of dietary protein with more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon and more fiber—but fewer carbs—than rice, grains, and corn. In fact, chia is a gluten-free natural appetite suppressant that helps regene ...more
Published 2012 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about CHIA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CHIA

Sheila
Apr 07, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Okay, I think I have officially jumped onto the Chia bandwagon.
I first heard about eating Chia about a month ago, when the technician at my daughter's orthodontist office mentioned that she had chia pudding for breakfast. I asked her if she meant chia, as is Chia Pets (Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia) which are advertised for sale every year at Christmas time.
Yes, she said, those same seeds could be eaten, and to make chia pudding you just mixed the seeds into soy milk or almond milk, let it sit over night, an
Laurie B-W
There's nothing wrong with this book. Overall, I think the advice about losing weight and exercising isn't harmful (although covered just as well in other books), and I'm assuming all the information about chia is accurate. I already knew a bit about chia but checked this book out from the library for the recipes in chapter 5.

What's put me off about the book and why I've given it 2 stars instead of 3 are the testimonials from chia users that are printed throughout the book. They include rather
Kelly L.
Apr 21, 2013 Kelly L. rated it really liked it
This was a very readable and informative book. Whenever possible I believe that nutrition and lifestyle should trump drugs in altering our health. A few years back we used flax to lower Doug's cholesterol 30 points in 6 months time. Grant is running track and having a difficult time keeping weight on because of his body type. I was researching ways to get him the healthy fats he needs without adding a lot of sugar to his diet. I came across Chia. This superfood is absolutely amazing if it is all ...more
Deb
Interesting book with a lot of information on the nutritional value of Chia seeds and recipes and ways for incorporating them into the diet. I have made several of the recipes for the books--Basic Chia Pudding, Cacao Chia Pudding, Raw Chia Cacao Cookies, Green Super Smoothie and all were good. I'll be trying more.
Ruthie
Sep 24, 2012 Ruthie rated it it was amazing
Very informative and easy to read. Has recipes for food, drinks, health care and pet care.
Julie
Mar 23, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
This book is chuck full of valuable health information about the wonders of chia seeds. It also includes great recipes and helpful tips on incorporating these seeds into your diet. I found the information very easy to understand and feel very hopeful in the ease of including these seeds into my daily diet.
Carol Jen
Mar 24, 2014 Carol Jen rated it really liked it
I skimmed a good bit of this book and lots of it is recipes but the basic information is good and I plan on trying to work some chia seeds into my diet. I've had several friends and coworkers recommend them so what they hey?
Cj Sime
May 28, 2012 Cj Sime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a very comprehensive book answering: Why Chia? and How Chia?

There wasn't a whole lot of information that was new to me, but it was a great consolidation of all pertinent points while being extremely reader friendly.
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 12, 2016
Hayden Columbine
Hayden Columbine marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Marie Cetin
Marie Cetin rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Scott A Croydon
Scott A Croydon rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Riana Elizabeth
Riana Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
P
P rated it it was ok
May 03, 2016
Nikhil
Nikhil marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Sarah added it
Mar 12, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
April Guynyup
April Guynyup rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2016
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 17, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Pat Sharkey
Pat Sharkey rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Alyssa Terry
Alyssa Terry rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Gaby
Gaby marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Caitlin Bickel
Caitlin Bickel marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Dayana Vega Vasconez
Dayana Vega Vasconez marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Mohammad Joleini
Mohammad Joleini marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Tracy Drozd
Tracy Drozd rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015