Start by marking “CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood ” as Want to Read:
CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood

CHIA: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For people trying to lose weight and enhance well-being, it's a little miracle: chia, a tiny seed that the Aztecs used for centuries as a super food, provides a complete source of dietary protein with more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon and more fiber—but fewer carbs—than rice, grains, and corn. In fact, chia is a gluten-free natural appetite suppressant that helps regene ...more
Published 2012 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about CHIA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CHIA

Sheila
Okay, I think I have officially jumped onto the Chia bandwagon.
I first heard about eating Chia about a month ago, when the technician at my daughter's orthodontist office mentioned that she had chia pudding for breakfast. I asked her if she meant chia, as is Chia Pets (Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia) which are advertised for sale every year at Christmas time.
Yes, she said, those same seeds could be eaten, and to make chia pudding you just mixed the seeds into soy milk or almond milk, let it sit over night, an
Laurie B-W
There's nothing wrong with this book. Overall, I think the advice about losing weight and exercising isn't harmful (although covered just as well in other books), and I'm assuming all the information about chia is accurate. I already knew a bit about chia but checked this book out from the library for the recipes in chapter 5.

What's put me off about the book and why I've given it 2 stars instead of 3 are the testimonials from chia users that are printed throughout the book. They include rather
Kelly L.
This was a very readable and informative book. Whenever possible I believe that nutrition and lifestyle should trump drugs in altering our health. A few years back we used flax to lower Doug's cholesterol 30 points in 6 months time. Grant is running track and having a difficult time keeping weight on because of his body type. I was researching ways to get him the healthy fats he needs without adding a lot of sugar to his diet. I came across Chia. This superfood is absolutely amazing if it is all ...more
Deb
Interesting book with a lot of information on the nutritional value of Chia seeds and recipes and ways for incorporating them into the diet. I have made several of the recipes for the books--Basic Chia Pudding, Cacao Chia Pudding, Raw Chia Cacao Cookies, Green Super Smoothie and all were good. I'll be trying more.
Ruthie
Very informative and easy to read. Has recipes for food, drinks, health care and pet care.
Julie
This book is chuck full of valuable health information about the wonders of chia seeds. It also includes great recipes and helpful tips on incorporating these seeds into your diet. I found the information very easy to understand and feel very hopeful in the ease of including these seeds into my daily diet.
Carol
I skimmed a good bit of this book and lots of it is recipes but the basic information is good and I plan on trying to work some chia seeds into my diet. I've had several friends and coworkers recommend them so what they hey?
Cj Sime
This is a very comprehensive book answering: Why Chia? and How Chia?

There wasn't a whole lot of information that was new to me, but it was a great consolidation of all pertinent points while being extremely reader friendly.
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Rosa Figueroa
Rosa Figueroa marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Susan Clarke
Susan Clarke marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Tina Adams
Tina Adams marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Krys
Krys marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Michelle Nunes
Michelle Nunes marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mary Brucker
Mary Brucker marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Chia, El Increible Supernutriente Chia: Rediscovering a Forgotten Crop of the Aztecs