Start by marking “The Whispering Tombs Part 2 (Quality Times #1)” as Want to Read:
The Whispering Tombs Part 2 (Quality Times #1)
Read Book* *Different edition

The Whispering Tombs Part 2 (Quality Times)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Meet Quality Times, normal 21st century Earth woman who just happens to have a shrinkable space ship that can travel in time. With her is Tim, a seventeen year old sci-fi fan who takes everything in his stride.

Part Two of 'Whispering Tombs', in the Quality Times series. During the exploration of the Caves of Azrokaran, the small group discover a half-hidden, jewel-encruste
Published March 27th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Whispering Tombs Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Whispering Tombs Part 2

T.K. Toppin
A quick and entertaining read, with hilarious interludes of dry wit that made me think of Douglas Adams' work. This is the first in several Quality Times novellas. The story builds up nicely, leaving you anxious for Part 2. Reminded me of those half-hour television shows. Great stuff! Looking forward to the rest.
Misa Buckley
With tones of Hitchhiker's and Doctor Who, THE WHISPERING TOMBS is a rollicking, enjoyable ride of a read. Quality is a strong, witty lead who's inherited a shrinkable space ship (best. idea. ever) and acquired a sci fi geek of a - dare I say it? - companion.

An utter joy, and I can't wait for the next in the series.
This is a really fun read. Gayle's imagination astounds me, and this story seems to be so easily written. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to the rest of the series.
J.C. Cassels
Love Quality Times! She's a tongue-in-cheek time-traveling adventurer. Her sidekick, Tim, is a great foil for her jaded demeanor as she's dragged into an ever-increasingly dangerous adventure with twists and turns to keep you turning the pages!Tim, an unapologetic Whovian, tries telling people he's a Timelord from Gallifrey, much to Quality's chagrin.

In their first adventure (of many, I hope) Quality Times and Tim are on a quest to see the universe. With a time machine/space ship that shrinks d
This story introduces the reader to Quality Times and her adventures through space and time. As a Doctor Who fan, I instantly delved into the story with interest and found that, despite the similarities between The Doctor and Quality, the two characters are quite different. Quality is a refreshing take on a time traveler that is sure to delight readers of all types. The banter between her and Tim set me to chuckling several times throughout the story.

I loved reading this story and look forward t
I recieved this as a member giveaway on Library Thing

The Whispering Tombs is the first in the Quality Times series. It is a short but delightful sci-fi novella. I enjoyed the pop culture references and the doctor who feel of this story. It could have been a bit longer as it felt a bit rushed. However, The story kept me engaged and wondering what would happen next. I cannot wait for the next stories in this series.
Loyalties are tested to the limits in this third part of The Whispering Tombs. It would appear that no-one is quite who they seem to be, leading to some beautiful plot twists. I'm really looking forward to Part 4 of this off-world archaeology romp.
The plot thickens in this second part of The Whispering Tombs novella, as Quality and Tim get involved in an off-world archaeological dig. Gayle ends the book on a beautiful cliff-hanger that leaves one hungering after Part 3!
This novella is a humorous, light-hearted sci-fi adventure. The characters are wonderfully quirky and I loved the references to Dr Who.
Laurie Nonemaker
I loved this mini book!
An absolutely delightful read! I've been a scifi fan for my years, and have read many
comeadic scifi books. The Whispering Tombs, reminds me a little of Robert Aspirn.

I would have to more of Gayle Rampage!

Oct 19, 2012 Tej marked it as gave-up-on  ·  review of another edition
I'm afraid I gave up on this one despite the fact its a novella. Its not the author or story's fault. Its just this is not my cup of tea, its too wacky and nonsensical for my tastes.

SO apologies to the author for not being able to follow through with this one.
While I enjoyed this novella, I'm a bigger fan of Ramage's time traveling assassins' series. I think this paticular story would work much better as a full-length book as opposed to a short story or novella.
Lelouch marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
James marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Lexi marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Christina marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Destiny Hampton
Destiny Hampton marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Carol marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Rachel added it
Oct 13, 2014
Lunara Alder
Lunara Alder marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Roger Royer
Roger Royer marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Perma-Free! 1 1 Oct 09, 2012 01:33AM
Time Travel: AUGUST - "The Whispering Tombs" by Gayle Ramage 43 70 Aug 13, 2012 08:04AM
Now in one book! 1 2 May 23, 2012 11:50PM
No longer on Smashwords but.... 1 4 Apr 17, 2012 01:00PM
Part One now available! 1 1 Feb 27, 2012 11:54AM
Gayle currently lives in Scotland with her family and is trying to grow her own TARDIS.
More about Gayle Ramage...

Quality Times (2 books)
  • The Grandparent Trap (Quality Times, #2)