Start by marking “Tigers at Twilight (Magic Tree House, #19)” as Want to Read:
Tigers at Twilight (Magic Tree House, #19)

Tigers at Twilight (Magic Tree House #19)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,887 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
Jack and Annie are ready for their next fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

Tigers in trouble?

That's what Jack and Annie find when the Magic Tree House whisks them and Teddy, the enchanted dog, to a forest in India. The rare tigers are being trapped by greedy poachers! Can Jack and Annie find a way to help? Or will a fierce tiger
Published October 27th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published August 17th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Tigers at Twilight, please sign up.

Lacey James I do not recall it saying the year but try looking back to the front of the book and see if it answers your question!
A Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope OsborneSummer of the Sea Serpent by Mary Pope OsborneNight of the New Magicians by Mary Pope OsborneLeprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope OsborneAbe Lincoln At Last! by Mary Pope Osborne
Magic Tree House
38th out of 56 books — 50 voters
Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope OsborneThe Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope OsborneAfternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope OsborneLions at Lunchtime by Mary Pope OsborneDay of the Dragon King by Mary Pope Osborne
Magic Tree House Series
10th out of 16 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Kosuke Kamiya
Aug 12, 2015 Kosuke Kamiya rated it it was amazing
1. Magic Tree house

2. 8/9=50min, 8/13=50min

3. India, jungle, tiger, peril, trap, hermit, gift

4 a. To escape the tiger, they took on the elephant.

4 b. I was really envious of them. I want to ride the elephant. When I visited Singapore, I heard that I could ride the elephant at Singapore zoo, but the events called off. I would like to do that in the not distant future.

5 There are poachers now and past. Due to them, some animals had gotten extinction. We have to protect the world order in order to
Lisa
Sep 09, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite Magic Tree House book so far. I love that every book teaches in a fun way. This book answered all of Hannah's questions in regards to vocabulary... in a way that she understands. For example:

"If the killing does not end, they both face extinction."
Hannah asked "What's extinction?"
The very next sentence said "Extinction means that someday there may be no Indian tigers or rhinos left on earth."

"Are you a hermit?" Jack asked.
"Yes," the blind man said.
What's a hermit?" sa
David Redden
May 29, 2013 David Redden rated it liked it
Sam (8): What's your review? 5 stars. Really? Yeah. But Harry Potter got 5 stars too. How is that possible? Are you sure about that 5 stars? Yes. Fine. Why does this glorious book deserve 5 stars? I liked it when Teddy saved them. Really? Okay. Why else does it deserve 5 stars? That's all I can think of.

Mary (6): 4.5 stars. Okay. I don't think you guys understand the star thing. No, we do. Fine. Why 4.5 stars? Because I love Teddy. Teddy is cute. Really? Any other reason? Because they got their
Anna
Oct 15, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Jack and Annie go on the 3rd of 4 missions to collect gifts and free Teddy the dog. In this outing, they go to India and meet many animals, including langurs (monkeys) who help them escape from a tiger and a python. Elephants give them a ride, and they see a rhino at the watering hole.

The tiger who chased them got caught in a trap and the kids free him. When he is free, he stalks them again!

Jack and Annie meet an old man, a hermit who gives them a beautiful lotus which has grown from stinky, dir
Julesmarie
Jan 13, 2013 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
This one started off feeling very familiar. I felt like the monkeys were a re-play of their visit to the amazon and the elephant from their visit to Africa. Once we got to the tiger, however, this one definitely turned for the better. I loved what the hermit had to say about them saving the tiger: "you saved his graceful beauty--and his fierce, savage nature. You cannot have one without the other."

Understanding that everyone has both strengths and weaknesses seems like a fairly advanced concept
Jul 01, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal
it was good.
Rosa Cline
Feb 10, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
A really neat series of books, although you CAN read them individually, it's just nicer to read them in order to understand what is really going on. These series are chapter books my son and I sit and read it for about 30 minutes or so. Very interesting, keeping our attention. Just enough 'Science' to keep it educational but yet enough imagination in it to keep it fun too. Each book apparently will have a 'guide' to the two children in the book but to the reader-listener it will give History les ...more
Brianna
Mar 02, 2012 Brianna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young readers
I remember reading the Magic Treehouse series during Middle School, and they were always entertaining. I loved how they went all around the world, all throughout history, and you learned about different places and time periods as you followed your favorite characters through wonderful adventures. It was really cool. I recommend these books to your little adventurer. They are sure to not disappoint.
Erin
Jan 21, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
I picked up this book to read to my little boy after he recently started showing a lot of interest in tigers. It was really fun to sit down and read it with him. Even though he's only a year old, there were enough pictures for him to stay engaged. Plus, the pictures are very well-done, so he enjoyed looking at them while I read. I also like that there are storylines that carry over from one book to another, giving an extra payoff for the kids to keep reading and see how the story plays out.
It's
Dharia Scarab
Mar 09, 2015 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Momoko Fujigaki
Sep 30, 2014 Momoko Fujigaki rated it really liked it
1.Magic Tree House series #19
2.9/27=30min, 9/28=40min, 9/30=30min
3.Frog Creek, Magic Book, Indian Forest, Two monkeys, The elephant, The tiger, The blind man
4.a:"Kah-ko, kah-ko, the monkeys chattered. 'Cool,' said Annie. She turned to Jack. 'Her name is Kah. His name is Ko.' 'Oh, brother,' said Jack.
b: It was funny scene for me, and I really laughed when I read these sentences. Annie was so young that she seemed like to talk with animals, but it was really funny for me.
5. It was first time that
Shuhei
Dec 17, 2014 Shuhei rated it it was amazing
1.Rondom House level.?
2.12/17=100min
3.Jack Annie travel Indian forest wild animals
4.He began drifting in and out of dreams - dreams of rocking in a boat under the dark treetops.
He dreamed on the back of elephant at night. I'd like to sleep on the back of it, too!
5.Jack and Annie went to Indian twilight forest to find a gift from the forest far away. Then they were helped by langurs (kind of monkeys) and an elephant. Sometimes, they were fighting with a tiger, snake, rhino. Sometimes they helped
Bret Parker
Dec 23, 2015 Bret Parker rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is the first book I read in the Magic Tree House series. I know many children that have read the series, now I am glad to have experienced a slice of it.

The book had excitement, peace, travel, natural history, and problem solving. I would read another. One thing I liked is that this was an interesting way of learning about another place, animals, and their habitat. I really liked the facts dispersed throughout the story and the additional facts at the end. The characters are likable, too.
Brittany
Aug 01, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Jack and his little sister Annie are two regular kids from Frog Creek, Pennsylvania... until they discover a mysterious tree house full of all sorts of books. From that point on their lives will never be the same again! They soon go on amazing adventures (plus children are learning bits of history and most don't realize it) as they travel through time with the help of the magic tree house. The chapters are short with pictures every few pages, making these books perfect for the beginning reader.
Olivia Rodgers
This book is about yet another adventure Jack and Annie go on, this time they have teddy with them as well. He is a dog. The magic tree house takes them to Africa to help the tigers. I enjoyed this book because like the other,I like the relationship the kids have and the excitement of having magic tree house. This book could be used at a middle school reading level. This book could teach them about how some animals are endangered and need help. It can teach them about how its important to take c ...more
Rubi
Jun 01, 2015 Rubi rated it really liked it
Cute, as usual. Being an adult, I still think Annie's insane insight is totally unrealistic, but hey, it's the MAGIC Tree House series :)
I thought it was nice that the story focused on saving endangered species and nature.
Is this story, Annie and Jack travel to India. Two monkeys serve as their guide and they travel by elephant, learning about forest creatures as they go along and both the beauty and dangers of the forest.
Though some of the descriptions reminded me of the Amazon haha
Amber
Apr 07, 2015 Amber rated it really liked it
This is a great series of books to get kids reading. Reading this one, I noticed a lot of things that kids could learn out of these books. For example, in this book, there were different animals they encountered in the forest. They looked up stuff about the animals to learn what they should know while they were around them. This book not only lets the kids reading it learn about different forest animals, but it also sends them the message that they can learn a lot from books if they use them. Al ...more
Lillian Huezo
Nov 20, 2015 Lillian Huezo rated it liked it
The Annaie and Jack. They were get a book. They were and woman give to book "wish". He and She read a book so they said "wish" then they changed past timer million years ago. They were saw to lion, elephant, and amials. they were many different of kind trival and look hard found back home. I love the story. its amazing and sometime hard to understand and thinking what is mean and what is them do happen in places.
Danielle Brill
Oct 16, 2013 Danielle Brill rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Tigers at Twilight by Mary Pope Osborne is the 19th book in the Magic Tree House series. This book features the two main characters Jack and Annie on another adventure, this time in a forest of India. The two children are on a mission to receive gifts to free an enchanted dog. They ride elephants, rescue a tiger from a poacher, and even encounter a blind hermit. During the book facts about India and its animals are written down by Jack, educating the reader in a fun way as they read.

As a child
Jenifer Jacobs
Jul 06, 2015 Jenifer Jacobs rated it liked it
Lil and I are working our way through the series. She learned two vocab words tonight as we finished this book. "Hermit" (I am most curious to see how this one will be used by her in context) and "extinction" which brought her close to tears. As much as it is not my favorite series I do like how much she learns (and seems to retain!).
Sam
Dec 01, 2015 Sam rated it it was amazing
Jack and Annie went back in time to India. Jack and Annie saw a jungle full of wildlife.
in chapter 7 they saw a trapped tiger. so JACK decided to free the endangered tiger.a
Nathaniel
Feb 12, 2014 Nathaniel rated it liked it
It was good. They did one thing - it was scary, but it was fun. Grabbing a vine and swinging from one branch to the other.
Lacey James
Mar 20, 2015 Lacey James rated it really liked it
this book is suppose to be a mystery right?? Well i have no clue what the mystery is suppose to be anyone have a clue??
Danielle
Jan 27, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it
This one was pretty good. I enjoyed the philosophical lessons in the book. It was a peaceful ending and not at all predictable.
Sarah Sammis
Apr 17, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
Tigers at Twilight is the third in a miniseries where Jack and Annie have to find four gifts to help an enchanted dog. The dog they met on the Titanic and has since been following them through their adventures.

For their "gift from a forest far" they travel to a remote part of India where they befriend langur monkeys, ride on some elephants, get followed by a tiger and meet a swami.

It's a good introduction to the animals of the Indian jungle but like Lions at Lunchtime it fails to connect man's i
Seth
Aug 26, 2014 Seth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: by-myself
There were two monkeys named Ka and Ke. Ka and Ke were leaders! There was a snake!
Caleb
Feb 12, 2014 Caleb rated it really liked it
I liked Tigers at Twilight. They rode on elephants and they freed a tiger from a track.
Megan
Aug 02, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
I love magic tree especially this one I hope magic tree house never stops
Maire
Dec 04, 2015 Maire rated it really liked it
My DD loves these books - read it with her. Highly recommended.
Louis Woodley
May 02, 2015 Louis Woodley rated it it was amazing
Great story. I like when they meet the hermit. He is super funny.
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • The Vampire's Vacation (A to Z Mysteries, #22)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)