Start by marking “A Vampire's Rise (The Stone Masters Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Vampire's Rise (The Stone Masters Vampire, #1)

A Vampire's Rise (Stone Masters Vampire #1)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  23 reviews
“This series is one of the best “historical” vampire series I’ve read."

-- Bitten by Books

Daumia Velde will be paying for his brother's death for the rest of his life. Not because he is guilty, but because those who are guilty need a scapegoat. Daumia would be dead himself were it not for the assistance of Sunaria, a mysterious woman appearing in the nick of time from th
Published May 25th 2013 by VMK (first published June 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Vampire's Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vampire's Rise

Rosanna
Fantastic book! I can't believe more people haven't read this.

This is book one of an old world vampire series, and just as the name suggest, it is A Vampire's Rise

Now I understand. It's time to write it down. For her, I'll document all that I know, everything that I remember.

The story is told through Daumia's voice. His recollection of events starting from the year 1471 when he is just 9 years old, and continues to the year 1805.

I love stories that follow a character from their early years.
TheFountainPenDiva
I purchased my copy at the L.A. Times Festival of Books and the author V.M.K Fewings graciously signed my book after she assured me this would NOT contain anything sparkly, stalkerish, clumsy or the dreaded and nonsensical "love triangle".

Vampires used to be very interesting characters until the dominance of the paranormal genre which has pretty much defanged them and made them into tame pets that on occasion suck blood from mortals (unless they're 'vegetarians'). I've really missed the kind of
Kaye Vincent
Finding VMK Fewings is a little like finding Anne Rice. Suddenly you're worlds away from the YA market of "I can't love you or I'll kill you" and amongst grown-up vampires with grown-up desires and motivation. That's not to say I don't enjoy an hour or two with Ms Meyer occasionally - I'm a 'sucker' for the Twilight characters just like millions of others. But the YA field in general does seems to dominate the world of the undead at the moment. It's such a wonderful feeling to read a genre you e ...more
Kirsten
Daumia is taken from his home and made to serve another, for reasons he doesn't quite understand. His guardian is Sunaria, who watches over his life ensuring that harm does not befall him, until one fateful night. Then he has no choice but to become something more. My favorite scene in this book was when Daumia took control from Sunaria. He took control and he held it. That night he is reborn as Orpheus. And his story is quite a tale to read.

I can only think of one other book and one other auth
Alexandrea Hills
Ms. Fewings is an amazing author. The way she writes makes the readers experience knowledgeable, enjoyable, and easy. She does not go into such description that you feel bogged down in the story, yet the description makes you feel and picture every event, era and place. I really enjoyed the history aspect of the book.
The characters are well developed and constantly growing with each experience. You feel sympathy, joy and sadness for everyone in the book. I did not dislike any of the characters,
Vanessa Fewings
Jul 11, 2013 Vanessa Fewings rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for adding the erotic version of Orpheus: A Vampire's Rise.

Responding to popular demand to release the erotic version of the supernatural tale, Orpheus: A Vampire's Rise is now available in its original form.
Book Review Diva
“Orpheus: A Vampire’s Rise” By Vanessa Fewings

Amazing, Outstanding, and Brilliant is “Orpheus: A Vampire’s Rise” By VMK Fewings. This book will draw you into the world of Daumia Valde’s life as a boy and into his transformation of one of the most feared vampires among humans and vampires alike. VMK Fewings will not disappoint with her brilliant writing, I was enthralled from page one of this wonderful master piece.

Daumia Valde’s life changed for him as a boy. When young boys should be playing wi
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Aug 11, 2013 Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adult, paranormal, vampire readers
Recommended to Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: Vanessa Fewings
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eCopy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Breathtaking, Spectacular Stars!
A Seriously Delectable Read!
From start to finish, this book was a dramatic tale of pain, love, hate, happiness and loss. I couldn't put it down...

The Review:
Orpheus: A Vampire’s Rise follows the life, death and rise of Daumia Velde as he walks through time, facing one metamorphic event after another and the boy who becomes a man and then
Rosanna
Fantastic book! I can't believe more people haven't read this.

I love stories that follow a character from their early years.
Sharon
Won a copy through Goodreads' First Reads program.

Great story! Incredibly deep characters, dark at times but keeps you glued to the pages. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
Angel McCoy
Angel’s Adjectives: epic and evocative

The vampire’s journey has fascinated us for hundreds of years. It, quite often, begins in tragedy and ends in even more tragedy. Everything in between is tragedy, romance, and tragedy. What is it about that combination that draws us in so completely?

I’ve just finished Orpheus: A Vampire’s Rise by VMK Fewings (her second vampire saga), and I found it had all the qualities of a traditional vampire story, with a few twists that set it apart. The story involves
David Caldwell
I won a copy on Goodreads Firstreads.

This another book that I am sure will have many people disagewwing with my rating.

There seem to be 2 main camps about how people feel about vampires.Those who feel they make great monsters and those who romanticize them into the ideal beings.Either way can make great stories.Vampires as monsters stories are usually fairly straighforward with the hunters being the focus.But when the vampire is the focus,the author has to walk a much finer line.They can make so
Bleumoon
I was amazed at the detail and depth of this story! The characters are believable and real. The story was very well paced and just pulled you in and held you. I have just started the 2nd book in the series and will keep reading these as long as VMK keeps writing them!
Barbara
Fantastic Book! From the very beginning you get pulled into the story it was so hard to stop reading. I look forward to reading more on the very sexy and erotic vampire Orpheus.
Michelle
Orpheus- What a life to live to have a love, family and friends to have it all taken away.
Twin Opinions

I don't even know how to gather my thoughts on this book. So much happened with in these pages. So much loss and change. It's hard to put it into words...

What is harder is deciding if I really liked this book or not. The story was intriguing enough. I was definitely caught up in it, But it seemed to go on forever. There didn't seem to be an ending and time would skip so far ahead in places.

As far as characters go I found myself really getting into a character or plot and then it would drastical
Sharon Kennedy
I did like this book, but I found myself with an overall sense of dissatisfaction, which is why I have only given two stars.
Obviously, this being the story of a vampire, the point of the vampire's birth is pretty crucial. Likewise, I would say that the background leading to his creation was also pretty important, yet the tone of this first third of the book seemed to be very superficial in tone, and I felt there was no depth to the character until about half way through the book. The narrative s
Mary Forster
Good story

I enjoyed this story. It's a good vampire book going back into the 1700 and seeing the world as it was back then. This is not a normal vampire story and is totally different from any others you may have read. Totally worth it.

I look forward to reading more of these books by the author.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Will read soon... and it's FREE right now in AMAZON...

Susie
I received the book through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

Overall the story was good. But for some reason it just didn't pull me in like other books. The story had depth, details, and emotions. I just couldn't connect.
Melanie
A must read for fan's of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. The writing style reminds me very strongly of them and the story is dark and captivating. Beautifully done! V""V
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Vanessa I thought that I had posted my review already,I will have to go back thru my review book folders and see if it got filed and posted :-)
Many *angel huhz*
Anne
Katie Portrude
Katie Portrude marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Marily
Marily marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Snowy
Snowy added it
Jul 02, 2015
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
  • Demon Vampire: Anthology (The Redgold Series, #1,#2, #3)
  • A Night of Secrets (Night #1)
  • Revelation (Redemption, #4)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • The Genesis (Blood of Ages, #1)
  • Original Sin (Crimson Shadow Series)
  • Desires Unleashed (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #1)
  • Immortal Wounds
  • Cursed Immortals: Judas and the Vampires (Two Novels)
  • Until Death Do Us Part (Kismet Knight, #1.5)
  • Blood Life
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Forbidden Blood (Vampire Venator, #1)
  • Halloween Fantasies
  • Tall, Dark, and Vampire (Dead in the City, #1)
  • Rock n Roll Promises (Rock n Roll Paraphantasy, #1)
  • Angel of Vengeance: The Novel  that Inspired the TV Show Moonlight
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
Vanessa Fewings is the bestselling romance author of the highly acclaimed Enthrall Sessions.

Vanessa is also the author of The Stone Masters Vampire Series. Prior to publishing, Vanessa worked as a registered nurse and midwife. She holds a Masters Degree in Psychology. She has traveled extensively throughout the world and has lived in Germany, Hong Kong, and Cyprus.

Born and raised in England, Van
More about Vanessa Fewings...

Stone Masters Vampire (4 books)
  • A Vampire's Reckoning (The Stone Masters Vampire, #2)
  • A Vampire's Dominion (The Stone Masters Vampire, #3)
  • Bohemian (The Stone Masters Vampire, #4)
Enthrall (Enthrall Sessions, #1) Enthrall Him (Enthrall Sessions, #3) Enthrall Her (Enthrall Sessions, #2) Cameron's Contract (Enthrall Novella, #2) Cameron's Control: (Enthrall Novella #1) (Enthrall Sessions Book 4)