The Faerie Guardian, Part III

The Faerie Guardian, Part III (Creepy Hollow #1 (Part 3 of 4))

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  17 reviews
NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This novelette now forms Part III of the novel The Faerie Guardian.
Published May 25th 2012 (first published May 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Faerie Guardian, Part III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Faerie Guardian, Part III

Dani
The thing I'm loving about the Creepy Hollow novelette series is that they're written to be very much like a serialized television drama. And indeed, ringing in at about 60 pages, it's very near the length of an hour long TV episode. I've been incredibly impressed thus far at how Morgan has heightened the tension and suspense gradually through each novelette - complicating and weaving her story arcs throughout each, slowly revealing how characters are connected to one another or that they might...more
First a very tiny little recap and summary of the series so far. Keeping it spoiler free for those that haven't had the pleasure of reading the first book yet.
Violet is a fae and guardian in training. When sent on an assignment to protect a human, Nate, Violet breaks all the rules when she accidentally returns to the fae world with him. Violet gets suspended from school and continues to see Nate in secret which is forbidden since he is human.

Violet's suspension is over and back to work she goes....more
Jinky
(3.5)
This installment began calmly with Violet being back to the training center. There we meet and get more scoop on her fellow competitors as well. But Violet was still troubled about Nate's mysterious tattoo so things were going to get rattled again. Vi just can't seem to help but secretly venture to find answers. As might be expected, she's in for a shocking surprise which means so does the reader! A staple now with this series and part of the hook. Hence, just when you think you've gotten t...more
Beatriz
OH.MY.GOD!!! Talk about a cliffhanger! =-O
With that said, what an awesome follow-up to Labyrinth! Some questions were answered, but now I have even more questions! I can't wait for the next installment. These novellas are so good and so well-written!
Cherie
Rachel Morgan’s TRAITOR delves further into the complex fairy world of Creepy Hollow.

Vi is determined to not only figure out how Nate got a mysterious eye-shaped tattoo on him but also to continue her leading rank at Guardian training. Nate is no help, since he doesn’t want to talk about the tattoo. Her first day back after a week’s suspension doesn’t go well either. When Vi decides to take things in her own hands, she learns nothing is as it seems.

The third novelette in the Creepy Hollow series...more
Heather
You know how you're reading a really good book and you keep wanting to read one more chapter but you really need to go bed? With this series you have to because there is only so much of it written, so far. I think it's (I'm averaging what Amazon and Goodreads says about how many pages it is) about at 168 pages so it's a good read but each section ends on a good place. Until....THIS ONE!

*****Note there might be spoilers from the previous two novels but I will try not to do that******
(After review...more
Nereid
Now that Violet and Nate have escaped from the Labyrinth and a mysterious tattoo has appeared on Nate's back, Violet has made a few discoveries. Nate is actually a half ling which is a relief as she is now not breaking any laws by dating him except that technically she did not know that in the beginning so it may be a bit difficult explaining that to the Guild. Her second problem is that Nate is finding it difficult to accept and refuses to discuss it or the tattoo let alone his conniving, faeri...more
3.5 Stars

Traitor is the third story in the Creepy Hollow series by Rachel Morgan, these short stories will be published as ebooks on roughly a monthly basis with the fourth story Masquerade due to be released in July. As this review is for the third story it may contain spoilers for previous titles, this series really does need to be read in order for you to follow the ongoing plot.

Traitor picks up the story from where Labyrinth left off, Violet's suspension is finally over and she is allowed to...more
Arthistorychick
Creepy Hollow #3: Traitor by Rachel Morgan
Source: Purchase
4/5 stars

The fun continues in Traitor, novella number three of the Creepy Hollow series. Violet and Nate have survived their trip to the Underground and things seem more complicated than ever! Nate has discovered he is not just human but a Halfling, he has this weird tattoo on his lower back and he seems to be pushing Violet away for no clear reason. While Nate doesn’t seem overly concerned about any of this, Violet can’t shake the feelin...more
Mike
This is the third Creepy Hollow novelette and follows up directly on the events of the second (Labyrinth). Traitor really loses a lot if you're not already familiar with the series, and I highly recommend starting at the beginning (Guardian). **This review contains no spoilers for Traitor but will by necessity have some for the previous books.**

Seventeen year old fairy Violet Fairdale and her forbidden human friend Nate didn't escape Labyrinth and the hunt for information about Nate's mother uns...more
A. K. Fotinos-Hoyer
Another great installment in the CREEPY HOLLOW series! The eye tattoo and the magic behind it was a really cool idea and I loved how this installment got a little darker than the previous ones. The only issue I had with this one was that I didn't have any resolution at the end. The previous two installations had a bit of resolution, but left enough open so that I had to keep reading, but this one left nearly everything open so I didn't get that bit of satisfaction at the end that I'm used to get...more
Xzellaz
Well I knew for a long time that I'd ship Ryn, but man, betrayal is not my ideal date.
Christina
In TRAITOR, Violet discovers a mysterious eye-shaped tattoo on Nate’s back–a mark he has no memory of receiving. Now she’s on a mission to discover the meaning of the tattoo, a mission that uncovers an unlikely traitor.

This is a fun and fast paced series that I highly recommend.

This review originally appeared on http://www.faeriewriter.com

Musings of a Faerie Writer Button
Kolie Heyer
I'm loving these books. I was suckered into them by amazon and there free list. The first book was free the next two cost me .99. Well after reading the third installment of this series I thought I would look into it further seeing as it hasn't ended yet. Then I find out on the authors web page that this series will be 8-10 books. So I'll wait a while then check back for the rest of the series. So far it's been great quick read and a real page turner.
Kandise
Ok, now we're getting in to treachery…Woot!

Although I am a little disappointed in our little faerie fighter...it's hard to believe these last few consecutive times she has been completely blind sighted have been the only times. I call bullshit, I just think she never was in a position to test her guard and now she's getting her ass handed to her every time she turns around!
Booknut
Feb 10, 2013 Booknut rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fae
Book name: Traitor
Reader's expectations: A...well, a traitor.
Book delivers: A (insert expletive of your preference) traitor!
Kerry
These are fun little books. I enjoy them. There is action, romance, and bitchiness all packed into a tiny little book.
Judelle Perumal
Judelle Perumal marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jamie-Jo Brenner
Jamie-Jo Brenner marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Keri Shirk
Keri Shirk marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Gladys Gonzales Atwell marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Angela Arrington
Angela Arrington marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Terra
Terra marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Remi
Remi marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
  • Naermyth (Naermyth, #1)
  • C I N (C I N, #1)
  • Stalked by Death (Touch of Death, #2)
  • Hollowed (Half Light Saga, #1)
  • Cursed (The Guardians, #2)
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • Pride's Pursuit (A Wolf's Pride, #3)
  • Consumed (Keegan's Chronicles, #3)
  • Date with the Dead (Ripsters, #1)
  • Enemy of the Fae (Caledonia Fae, #3)
  • Not Your Average Fairy Tale
  • Fae (Auri, #2)
  • Autumn Dawn (The Witchling, #2.5)
  • The Bone Knife: A Short Story
  • Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
Rachel Morgan is a South African author who spent a large portion of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making. After completing a degree in genetics, she decided science wasn’t for her—after all, they didn’t approve of made-up facts. These days she spends much of her time immersed in fantasy land once more, writing fiction for young adults and those young at heart.

She is the author...more
More about Rachel Morgan...
The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2) The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3) The Faerie Guardian, Part I The Faerie Guardian, Part II