Evertrue (Everneath, #3)

Evertrue (Everneath #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  3,710 ratings  ·  717 reviews
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible....more
Published January 21st 2014 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Evertrue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evertrue

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
34th out of 2,452 books — 15,334 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
22nd out of 1,322 books — 6,551 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
He took my hand and pressed it against his chest. “Do you feel that?” he said. I blinked and nodded. “This heart is yours. It belongs to you. It beats only for you. And somewhere out there is a heart without a home, and it beats for me; and we’re not giving up until we find it.”

There are some times when the final installment in a series disappoints you and it's a pretty devastating experience after you've devoted so much time and emotional turmoil to the characters and story. Then there are thos...more
Ornella (Nyx)
Biggest freaking book disappointment EVER. I'm so pissed I'm incoherent.

1. Nikki is the stupidest MC I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. And the most selfish. (view spoiler)...more
♥ Becky  22
Update (06/12/13): In the German synopsis it says "Nikki realizes that she only has one chance to destroy the Everliving: She has to become Cole's Persephone."

__________________________________
__________________________________

At the end of Everbound, I was all:

Then I checked to see when the next book was coming out.

And it said:
....
2014.

Horror! Disbelief! Sadness! *cry cry cry*

Well, damnit. All I can say is that I love Cole despite EVERYTHING and I don't want him to die in this one. Please?...more
Blythe
This review may hint towards what happens in Everbound, so keep that in mind. However, it is spoiler-free for Evertrue.

Evertrue doesn't feel like the end; while final installments in trilogies tend to be the darkest of the three, I found Evertrue's tone to be far different than the two novels preceding it. Obviously, the stakes in Evertrue are high, arguably at the series' highest, and lives are at risk. So yes, the underlying plot of Evertrue is dark, harrowing, and emotional, but it's how the...more
Navdha
Pre-review
*tries to control the rage*

Rant coming up when I stop seeing red.

Review

Sometimes a book pisses you off because of that one certain event you can’t seem to wrap your head around. Other times, it’s the characters that make the book a complete drag for you. But unfortunately, Evertrue has both of these factors going on for it simultaneously, with varying degrees of suck.

To be honest, I’ve never been much of a fan of this series. Admittedly, the second book had me super intrigued because o...more
Grace
Jun 27, 2013 Grace marked it as to-read
description

The girls dress on this cover reminds me of one thing and one thing only.

description

Beautiful hell dress or jam stirred in cream?

Who knows.

Whispers: Still love it though
Summer {is puntastic}
Out of the entire series, Evertrue is probably the cheesiest of them all. I shit you not. As if the series couldn't get any more idiotic.

If I read this novel about, oh, a year and a half ago, I would've loved it. I read the first before I became a blogger, and I’m pretty sure I gave that one four stars. I read the second, and abhorred it. Less embarrassment for me.

At about 10% in, I encountered this sentence…
”I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.”

…And knew that this book and I were...more
Lucille
Jul 14, 2013 Lucille marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-to-read
OMG. That is the best cover I have ever seen in my entire life. *freaks out*

EVERTRUE? Oh man, I wasn't expecting that. EVERFREE is so much better!

I kid, I kid. Maybe.

I hope she calls it EVERFREE... coz you know, they'll be "forever free."

Okay, I know... I came up with a pretty lame name. But whatever. All I can think of was Everfree or Evermore.. and Evermore's been used at least a thousand times.

UPDATE 7 December 2012: I've thought of more! EVERMINE

Everedeemed (one of my favorites), Eve...more
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

When the early reviews of Evertrue started to roll in, I was rather appalledto see so many disappointed reviews. But now, I can totally see why. Everneath and Everbound were some of my favourite novels ever--but I cannot say the same for the last instalment, Evertrue. Here were my main issues in order from most infuriating to least:

1.Jack. A sad fact, but true. I was Team Jack ALLL the way till about 50 pages into this book. What changed? This happened:
He ble
Gillian

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

Rating: While satisfying in some aspects, this series finale left me mostly underwhelmed and disappointed.

My review of Everneath | My review of Everbound

Oh, Evertrue. I was so looking forward to you. Everbound was one of my favorite sequels ever, and it ended on such a bang. I always have such high expectations for series enders, and sadly this one fell short.

I still have a lot of love for this series, and there are some excellent things going on in...more
Trista
January 2014. It seems so very far away.
 photo giff3_zpsfba19893.gif

Update: March 2014
Now that I've stopped crying all I can say about this final installment is "no". Just no. The end to this series is completely unacceptable and I'm going to pretend that things happened differently.
Rachel (Reads Ravenously)
2 WTF HAPPENED?? stars

The Mockingjay Effect strikes again!

"What is the Mockingjay Effect?" you ask. Well, it's a theory I came up with after the release of Mockingjay, in which the first two books in a trilogy are awesome, amazing, wonderful... and then the third book blows. Usually this only applies to YA dystopia, but I think that this book applies.

Where do I begin? Well, after Nikki rescues her love Jack from the Tunnels of the Everneath, she finds she is transitioning into an Everling. Wh...more
Jovana J

I don’t really hate this book. I NOTHING this book. Hate suggests emotional reaction that can stem from the heart or mind and neither my heart nor mind was in it. I can imagine majority of the readers enjoying it, but it simply did not work for me in ANY way.

Characters:

For the most part, I was on board with Nikki. She owned up to her mistakes, looked for solutions in ANY way possible, didn’t sulk and brood in the corners looking for self-pity and the love for Jack felt real and honest....more
dick gansey
Jan 17, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
Again, Goodreads? Seriously?

description

Don't make me think about this when the second book isn't out yet! 1.5 isn't out yet either!

I'm not saying me thinking about this is a bad thing, it's just that it'll make me want me want the book to come out EVEN FASTER!

description

And I get bombarded by all these feelings!

JUST COME OUT ALREADY!

Emperor Allyster
Jun 22, 2013 Emperor Allyster marked it as to-read
Edit 06/23/2013:
So I just realized that if Evertrue continues following Persephone's story, it might mean that Nikki will eventually learn to love Cole.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

TEAM JACK FOREVER AND ALWAYS. UNLESS SOMETHING HAPPENS THAT'LL TURN JACK INTO A VILLAIN.

Edit 06/13/2013:

Honestly? I don't know what to feel about this cover. It IS amazing (especially when you look at it from afar and realize its overall impact is actually great, especially the swirl at the bottom) but I think it would have lo...more
Ta§chima Cullen

I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE.

description

my precious I NEEDS IT MASTER, NEEDS IT!

curious little beastie
Solid ending. Great series overall.
Lisa RC
Official January 2014 Review
Okay, so the story starts off shortly after the ending of Everbound. Total recall of the story: Nikki had went to the Everneath in hopes in freeing Jack, only becoming an Everliving herself because she fed from Cole three times. Cole intends for Nikki to be Queen, but regardless, she only has hopes of destroying the Everneath.

The book has an emotionally crippling ending. It was quite obvious what was to happen, but the way the author describes it...well, I was in...more
Kadbury(Young Readers)
Jun 14, 2013 Kadbury(Young Readers) marked it as to-read
Usually I say I want THAT book!!

But THIS time I say

I WANT THAT DRESS

It's so PREEEEEEEEEETTY

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Series endings are seriously tricky to get right. Tying up a world and the lives of characters if not entirely but satisfyingly is incredibly difficult. This explains why so few series endings are the strongest books in the series. Tragically, Evertrue is a case where the series ending kinda went splat. The more I thought about the book, the more issues I had with it, even though initially I was waffling on whether I liked it or not.

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions.
Lindsay Cummings
amazing ending to a super fun trilogy. it ended how it needed to end. and of course, I'll always be team cole!

Check out full review here! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com
Bonita Rebel
it could be "Ever Yours" like his tattoo
Rosie Arteaga
Una
Jan 16, 2013 Una marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this book already.

SQUEEEEEEEE.

Too much emotions, hopefully more Cole!
Dana
Jul 02, 2013 Dana marked it as to-read
I really hope she picks cole
Mel
What better review to post on January 1st :D

I’m still blown away by this book. I must admit that the middle part started to drag a little, but what an ending! I loved the action when they are in Everneath and I appreciate the fact that Ashton went to certain places with her story. It’s great when an author surprises you, despite the fact that it is bittersweet and heartbreaking. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending.

But I would be lying if I say that...more
Monica&spikey
Pre-reading, July 31st 2013
Line from the Blurb:
Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him

Wow. Okay, I'm sorry, this may just be because I am, you know, unfortunately, in love with Cole, but that line makes Jack's reasoning sound sort of lame, doesn't it?
And, while it may be because I'm in love with Cole, I don't think that's it. I think it's the way they worded this line. See:

Nikki needs to feed...more
Natalie Monroe

"He stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders. 'You are my peace and my home. You are the everything.'"

I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with YA male love interests these days. It seems like we've finally managed to conquer the Bechdel Test and have gotten YA girl protagonists to show an interest in something other than that smouldering supernatural creature. Or homework, housework and that other friend-zoned guy. But now we have a new problem: the table-turning of the Bechdel Test...more
Sabrina
What a disappointing way to end a great book series

puke gif photo: agonia tumblr_ly7z0n174y1qb9pa3o1_500.gif
So after a long time of wondering if I should write a review of this, I decided that I would. It's always interesting for me to write a review of a book that made me want to gauge my eyes out with a pair of scissors. So lets begin shall we?

Let's start with the characters. If you can even call them that. In books, it's actually rare nowadays to see NO character development. You get a little snippet of Nikki's possible character development in bo...more
thoughts 6 83 Apr 07, 2014 08:47AM
The Lost Challenges: [February] PNR BOM - Evertrue 1 10 Feb 02, 2014 09:43PM
The Wide Web of F...: Evertrue 4 28 Jan 25, 2014 04:14PM
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2)
  • Let the Storm Break (Let the Sky Fall, #2)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Mortal Danger (Immortal Game, #1)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
I write Young Adult novels. I eat cinnamon bears. I love me some Diet Coke.

My debut book EVERNEATH (the first in a trilogy) comes out Winter 2012 with Balzer and Bray (Harper Collins).

I'm represented by Michael Bourret at Dystel and Goderich Literary Management.
More about Brodi Ashton...
Everneath (Everneath, #1) Everbound (Everneath, #2) Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5) My Lady Jane Altered Perceptions

“Give me your heart,” I said.
He tilted his head, leaned forward, watching my eyes the entire time to make sure it was okay, and kissed me lightly on the lips. "You already have it.”
44 likes
“I want my heart. I'll trade you for it. I'll give you anything. Almost anything". He tilted his head forward in a challenging way.
"Give me you"
"Anything else". Cole raised an eyebrow.
"You think I care about anything else?"
I looked down at the floor.
"Where's my heart" I said.
"You're always asking the wrong question.”
23 likes