Start by marking “Taken (Ava Delaney #4)” as Want to Read:
Taken (Ava Delaney #4)

Taken (Ava Delaney #4)

It’s been months since Ava fooled the British vampires and dealt with Becca for good, but although life has been easier, it’s not without its problems. Her deal with the twins is physically harming her, Peter’s grasp on his sanity is tentative to say the least, Carl is struggling, and Esther is losing her edge.

Ava’s been asking too many questions in an attempt to fulfil he
ebook
Published August 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Taken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken

Lisa
Aug 13, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Just finished this and what can I say except excellent! Ava and Peter's relationship is improving and has a potential to grow. She is much more comfortable in her abilities and has learned a lot about who she can trust. Gabe has left me wondering and I am appalled at Aiden and his cold behavior. Wondering who is really pulling the strings on the council now...looking forward to the next installment and the war that is inevitably going to happen... Great read!
Veray Carter
Jan 22, 2016 Veray Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really am liking where this story is going and what is happening to the characters, but the swearing has escalated, especially the F word and so I'm not feeling as comfortable with the reading. I wish authors would find other words to convey what the characters are feeling without having to use profanity. I know it can be done.
Haylee Tippett
Aug 27, 2012 Haylee Tippett rated it really liked it
Finally Amazon is not being retarded and I can start Taken. Yay.

Unfortunately, this was not one of my favorites of the series
Emily Kelly
Apr 12, 2015 Emily Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books, 2015
action packed. adorable child. LONG!!!! I loved it
Natalie
This is one of those, "take it for what it is" type of books. It's a young adult paranormal mystery (with a hint of romance) that you can buy for $3 on Kindle. It's meant to be fast and fun, and it is.

Since I read the rest of the series over six months ago, I had a hard time remembering all the little complex side-plots, but Claire Farrell did a good job weaving it all in. This is not a seris you can skip books in, though. The cast of characters and intrigues is quite complicated (but in a good
jD
Dec 03, 2012 jD rated it liked it
There are quite a few things I really like about this series. It's fast paced UF that's anchored on the darkside. I love the cast of characters especially their range of personalities and the way they stand beside Ava. I am not crazy about Ava but she grows on me more with each book. The story is told in first person so the reader is ever aware of Ava's frustration and OCD which manifest as counting.

I took off a star because after 4 books, Ava still doesn't know enough about what she is and what
Phuong Ta
Sep 09, 2012 Phuong Ta rated it really liked it
It was a slow read for me also...took me 2 weeks to even plough through the first couple chapters! Thank goodness I read the other reviews & tried to keep on reading since many of the readers guaranteed light at the end of a very boring tunnel lol! It all turned around for me when Emmett was introduced in the book. I could not put it down!

The first three books of this series had me worried for Ava that she would keep fumbling in the dark & never being able to catch up with all the schemi
Timeforme
Main Character:
Ava Delaney: A hybrid vampire/human

Synopsis:
This is a continuation of the story arc that started with Thirst. In book, Ava is trying to find some way to satisfy her deal with the twins while still helping Peter find out what happened to his son and being there for Carl as he continues to struggle.

My Thoughts:
Claire Farrell is a very talented writer and this book is just as compelling as the other books in this series. There is an underlying evil that is permenating the Council a
Jacque
Sep 18, 2014 Jacque rated it really liked it
First time I read this book I think I only made it half way though before life called me away. Now that I have finished it I could kick myself for not finishing it the first time around.

Loved. It.

Things are definitely getting interesting for Ava. Just when I think I know where this story is going BOOM! it changes direction. So much excitement is going on. Action packed and full of intrigue. All those secrets everyone is keeping. I have the next book in hand and can't wait to see what happens nex
Kellee
Apr 29, 2013 Kellee rated it liked it
This is where I think the series starts getting good. The characters are pretty well developed, they have there place and are feeling familiar, and we start to understand and really like them. The relationships are so important for me in a book. I should also mention that these books have a LOT more swearing and sex scenes than I usually like, but for whatever reason I kept reading this time. It didn't feel sick and twisted to me, just fowl mouthed. Peter's bloodlust is a bit disconcerting, but ...more
Vanessa
Oct 28, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: farrell-claire
Weird how it happens... I picked up this book sometime ago and didn't feel interested after 30 pages so I put it down and started a new one. Picked it up again a few days ago and finished it in 3 sittings (mostly one). I can't wait for the 5th book!! It should be full of action, deceit, strategy and Ava finally purposely kicking ass!! Another unexpected turn is that I'm over Peter and want some more Shay time. Come on Ava don't let me down with action or romance!
Rebecca
Jun 05, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner!

I knew Ava would come into her own and boy has she is this 4th book in the series And it's about time! She really has her work cut out for her and there are traitors around every bend it seems but in this book Ava ties them all to gather and builds her army and goes to some pretty scary places too. But she also meets some amazing people and finds out that people really do care about her. I can't wait to read the next book!
Sandra
Dec 21, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
What I particularly like about this series is the lead character - Ava. She is such a good person - always trying to do what is right and help others even though her own life is less than fantastic. While not a particular fan of Peter's he totally doesn't appreciate Ava as he should I really hope nothing happens to him & Emmett because having them in her life is so important to Ava. Still liking Ava and Carl's relationship and I really enjoyed Ava's method of dealing with Gabe in the ...more
Jamie
Aug 30, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it
Okay The book started a little slow for me but it started to pick up and turned out leaving me ready to read the next book! Poor Ava she has to learn not to trust anyone and in this book I think she has. At the same time the key players think they are making all the choices but I think in the next book that is about to change with out them realizing it. I can not wait for the next book to come out and fingers crossed that Ava makes changes for the better of everyone :0) GO REBELS!!!
Brenda
Apr 23, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
QUICK REVIEW

Cover: Stunning
My Rating:
Characters: Very well written and very relatable and lovable, even the ones you wanna choke! ;)
Plot: Again jumped right to the point, and into the action.
Page Turner: very much so!
Series: Yes, the 4th in the series.
Recommend: Yes! An AWESOME series!
My Book Boy: In this book Peter!
Overall: LOVED IT.
Cost: $2.95 on Kobo

Final Thoughts:
Cannot wait until the next book! I'm dying to know how this is going to end!
Veray Carter
Jul 16, 2014 Veray Carter rated it really liked it
Lana
Mar 02, 2014 Lana rated it it was amazing
One word "awesome" - this was an excellent read. The story line continued very well from the previous book and ended with the reader wanting more. I am hoping that there is more to follow, and will definitely add it to my favorites listing.

A definite must read for all those paranormal readers.

Well done Claire!
Sheri
Sep 17, 2012 Sheri rated it really liked it
I started this series thanks to the first being free. Considering I made it to this final one (and more hopefully on the way), it's not a bad story. The first three were exceptionally exciting and hard to put down, but this one was slightly less thrilling. However, it is still a good read. I am looking forward to the next book, which I'm sure will follow. Hopefully soon ;)
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
It was a slow start but after it picked it up.. it was.. amazzing.. and i am looking forward to the next book soooo soooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooooooo much! :)

Heather
Jun 17, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
This has been my least favorite of this series so far. I just didn't feel like it had much surprise or climax to it. I especially didn't appreciate the language. The F-bomb was dropped way way too much!
Nelta
Mar 30, 2014 Nelta rated it it was amazing
I had read the first 3 books in this series and was delighted with book 4' "Taken". Enjoy Ava's story slot and can't wait to see what's in store for her and Peter. If you haven't read this series, you are missing out!
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 28, 2014 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Really good book. Looking forward to the continuation of the series. I love the interaction between the characters who beoome friends. It drives me crazy that I am not sure who to trust among the others.
Sofia
Aug 14, 2012 Sofia rated it it was amazing
I love all of Claire's books but this series is addictive. I could not put this book down. I have no nails and I'm already anxious for the 5th book. A must read very fast paced.. it was an action movie mixed with suspense all in my head. <3<3<3
Patti
Oct 22, 2012 Patti rated it liked it
Ok so after three books this is the relationship we get? Sigh. I like happy endings. Cliché, I know. I can't help being disappointed in the dynamics between Ava and Peter. It's a big let down. I like Ava and I want her to be happy. Call me crazy.
Bella Rudy
Mar 03, 2015 Bella Rudy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book.

The book was awesome, I am really excited to read the next one in the series.
It was really interesting to read, because it has drama, action, very little romance, and vengeance. That is my likely most favourite word.
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing
In this book, Ava is starting to come into her own abilities better. She is learning from her mistakes, and getting bolder. I enjoyed taking a passenger seat in her world. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Sam
Aug 26, 2012 Sam rated it it was amazing
Am currently reading this book, and have to say, its going pretty good!! lol i love Shay, instanty fell in love with his humanity, and....well sweetness lol
Rebekka Cavies
Aug 15, 2014 Rebekka Cavies rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-rated
Story starts to get interesting after this, cannot wait to see what happens. Can't say too much without spoilers.
Alicia Conrad-Ifkovits
Great easy to read book. Very entertaining.

I recommend this series. They are all easy to read and entertaining. I can hardly wait to start the next book in the series.
Jessica
Nov 08, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Great read. Good mixture of action, humor and emotional stuff. Love Ava - she's a great female lead character. Would highly recommend this series.
Im trying to read my first book with this site 1 10 Jun 24, 2012 01:44PM
  • Bite
  • Sweet Requiem (Sweet #3)
  • Falling for an Angel
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Devon: The Beta's Double Trouble (Denver Pack, #3)
  • The Vampire's Release (Undead in Brown County, #4)
  • WitchCraft (Witchblood, #2)
  • Death Wish (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #5)
  • Kissed by Smoke (Sunwalker Saga, #3)
  • Souls of the Damned (Kat Redding, #5)
  • Dead of Night (The Youngbloods, #2)
  • Demon Down (Xoe Meyers, #4)
  • Catch (Angler, #2)
  • Bring It Home (Midwestern Shapeshifter #2)
  • Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)
  • Scent
  • Disarming (Reign of Blood, #2)
  • Moon Kissed

Ava Delaney (6 books)
  • Thirst (Ava Delaney, #1)
  • Taunt (Ava Delaney, #2)
  • Tempt (Ava Delaney, #3)
  • Taste (Ava Delaney, #5)
  • Traitor (Ava Delaney, #6)

“In the months since Ava fooled the British vampires and dealt with Becca for good, life has been easier, but not without its problems. Her deal with the twins is physically harming her, Peter’s grasp on sanity is slipping, Carl is struggling, and Esther is losing her edge.” 0 likes