Start by marking “ਲੂਣਾ (Luna)” as Want to Read:
ਲੂਣਾ (Luna)

ਲੂਣਾ (Luna)

The book that won Shiv Kumar Batalvi the Sahita Akademi Award, Luna is a play written in verse.

The king of Sialkot marries a young girl called Luna. She falls in love with the king's son from his first marriage, Puran who is of her age. When Pooran repels her advances, she alleges misbehaviour by him to the king. Pooran is maimed and thrown into a well as a punishment. A s
Published 1965

To ask other readers questions about ਲੂਣਾ, please sign up.

Rahul Khanna Hello friends.
Hello friends.
Many people ask me from where to read loona by shivkumar batalvi. My first suggestion is to buy this book, it is a jewel worth buying. It is easily available in most of the books stores in Punjab. You can buy sampooran kav sangreh for about 400 rs.
But still if some one don't get this book here is very good website for Punjabi poetry. http://www.punjabi-kavita.com/LoonaSh... Read this book and let me know about the impact this master piece had on you.
(less)

Rahul Khanna
Jun 20, 2013 Rahul Khanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
It is Magnum opus of Shiv Kumar Batalvi. Either read or listen (songs) Shiv Kumar it always have deep meaning. He is not only a poet but also philosopher.
Shiv kumar depict Chamba city with following lines at the beginning of Luna.

Eh desh su chamba sohniye
Eh Ravi su darya(river)
Jo eravati kahavandi
Vichy dev-lok de ja
Eh dhi(daughter) hai pangi rishi di
Eh chandarbhaag bhra(brother)
Chambyali rani de Bali
Ehnu mehnge mul(cost) liya
Te tan hi dhi ton badal ke
Ehda puttar(son) naam piya
Chambiyali khat
Dawinder Gill
Jan 25, 2013 Dawinder Gill rated it it was amazing
Awsm btalvi lv u
Aristotle
Jun 26, 2013 Aristotle rated it it was amazing
'Luna' is a masterpiece, not only in its beautifully woven verse, but also in the study of human characters and circumstances. The book touches on multiple subjects, which it does not judge, but simply states them and leaves it for the reader to make up his own judgement.
I builds on the Punjabi folklore of 'Puran Bhagat' and then takes it to a whole new level, unshackling it from the restraints of patriarchy and morality. It is one of my all-time favourites.
Sonia Dhami
May 09, 2015 Sonia Dhami rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
King of Sialkot marries a young girl Loona. She falls for his son (from 1st wife) Puran who is of her age. He declines her advances; she complains abt him; he’s punished (hands/feet amputated and thrown into a well). A guru rescues him; he gets well and becomes a Bhagat. Years later, Loona still childless comes to “the Bhagat”. The truth comes out; she admits her mistake; he forgives them and wishes a child, Rasalu.

That’s how the legend of Puran Bhagar has been told in Punjab for nearly two thou
Jaspreet Singh
Oct 20, 2013 Jaspreet Singh rated it it was amazing
Jiya
Sep 01, 2015 Jiya is currently reading it
Hi pls can one let me know how to read book i dwonlod it but i dont know how to read it its not coming up if any one can help me..many thx.
Roop Dhillon
Apr 05, 2013 Roop Dhillon rated it really liked it
Good book
Harbinder Singh
Aug 22, 2014 Harbinder Singh rated it it was amazing
Shiv Kumar Batalvi is(was) one of the best Punjabi poet and Luna is one of his best Poetry type novel. I've read almost all of his books(poetry) and they all are amazing. And we're from the same hometown(Batala - hence 'Batalvi') :)
Davinderjeet Singh
Sep 13, 2015 Davinderjeet Singh rated it it was amazing
that person thinks and thought how imagine an how he write his vision its miracle i love shiv kumar badalwi writes
Deep
Deep rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Gurpreet Singh
Gurpreet Singh rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Rööhï Güptä
Rööhï Güptä rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Jot
Jot rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Gill
Gill rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Manpreet
Manpreet rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Maninder Khehra
Maninder Khehra rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Kavneetkaur
Kavneetkaur rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
Tarandeep
Tarandeep rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Vakeel Niku
Vakeel Niku rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Sarabjit
Sarabjit rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Amar Sandhu
Amar Sandhu rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Kavy
Kavy rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Sethi Kultham
Sethi Kultham rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Rajdeep
Rajdeep rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Kuljit Singh
Kuljit Singh rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Harpreet Singh
Harpreet Singh rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Ricky
Feb 03, 2015 Ricky added it
Does anyone help me how I can read book here thks email me on my id harpreetsuann85@gmail.com
Navan
Navan rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
  •  Mera Pakistani Safarnama
  • पिंजर
  • This Side of Heaven
  • Rivers to the Sea
  • A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)
  • Manan
  • Then Came Heaven
  • Raat Pashmine Ki
  • Bare Branches: The Security Implications of Asia's Surplus Male Population
  • Great Indian Middle Class
  • Chitta Lahu
  • Memories of Rain
Shiv Kumar 'Batalvi' (Punjabi: ਸਿਵ ਕੁਮਾਰ ਬਟਾਲਵੀ) was a well-known Punjabi language poet. He was most famous for his romantic poetry which was noted for its heightened passion, pathos, separation and lovers' agony. He became the youngest recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1967 for his epic verse play based on the ancient legend of Puran Bhagat, Luna (1965), now considered a masterpiece in mo ...more
More about Shiv Kumar Batalvi...